over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

please critique diet

Got Juice

Kilo Klub Member
first off thanks for taking the time to read this. im not dieting for a show or anything so a few cals wont be the end of the world.

also i just kind of put together my diet in a spreadsheet and realized im probably not eating enough cals, but im doing good with my appetite not getting too hungry. also remember this is just a diet to get to about 9%, im not getting in show condition otherwise some food selections would be different.

7am
2 whole eggs, 4 whites, 2 slice ham
protein 60g
fat 12g
total= 268

9am
shake
apple
protein 50g
carbs-15g
total= 260

12pm
2 cans tuna, apple
protein 60g
fat 6g
carbs 15g
total=316

3pm
4oz. turkey
2 slices bread
1 fat free yogurt
protein 30g
fat 4g
carbs 34g

5:30pm
1/2 cup oatmeal
protein shake
protein 50g
carbs 30g
total=320

8pm
8oz. sirloin steak
1 can green beans
protein 50
fat 15
carbs 15
total=395

i think my totals are 300g protein, 35g fat, 95g carbs total of almost 1800cals. in 2 weeks i have definetly noticed fat loss and appetite has been under control MOST of the time..lol

please input on what i might change.

Thanks,
Todd

got juice

An apple is actually around 25 g carbs.

The only thing I would do is add 1/2-1 c. oats in your first meal. And with your tuna I would do 1/2 -1 c. rice or a med. size potato instead of the apple.

Also at your 3pm meal add in more turkey (another 4 oz.)

Otherwise not bad if you dont want to get too strict.

greath thanks for the help guys, ill take your advice and swap out in come oats in the morining and just sub in some rice for the apple. plus with the extra turkey ill be getting a few more cals.

btw, right now im 215 about 12-13% i woudl say. i have been on this diet for about 2 weeks now. i was 226 at my peak of bulking then i settled around 220, and now i have lost about 5lbs dieting, which is great for me, usually i lose too much too fast and most of it is muscle. im hoping i can be about 9% at 200-205 or so.

Thanks again,

Todd

Got Juice

This should be pretty easy to do....your goal that is. Just remember this is the base diet. You may need to add in more carbs for a day or two at some point or add more protein in. Just depends on how your feeling in the gym and how your looking in the mirror.

Good Luck

hey main, i really appreciate your help. i know a lot about training but my diet is probably my weakest which i need the most help with.

do you reccomend carb cycling at all, and if so, when you do up your carbs do you just drop your fats so your total cals stay around the same?

And on my higher carb days, how many carbs roughly should i take in? im thinking my cals are maybe a tad bit low, esp. since i strated a little morning cardio, maybe i will just drop the cardio?

Thanks,

Todd

GJ: I only recommend carb cycling after things come to a standstill or you start getting weaker in the gym.

Now some may or may not agree. This is just my opinion, but I love learning more about nutrition strategies so if anyone else has opinions let me know.

Rule of thumb: When upping carbs for x amount of days, I usually have my guys eat lower fat proteins and decrease the protein sometimes a little bit. When lowering carbs, I like a little more fat in the protein(96% lean ground beef, salmon, chicken).

About the amount of carbs and kcals. Seriously, it all depends on you and your metabolism. I always start my diet with lower cals (because I dont take in a ton in the offseason) and increase cals as my metabolism and cardio work increase.

So I always gain muscle and lose fat getting ready for a show. Sounds good, but then makes me realize Im a lazy ass in the offseason and thats why I never get past 215 ..............duuuhhhhh!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear