over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Please Help, Do I have a Winged Scapula

Weak

Newbies
Hello,

I started working out 11 months ago at 158lbs. I spend the last 11 months working on my strength and eating. I focus mainly on Squats, Deadlifts, Standing Overhead press, and Bench. I currently weigh 206lbs.

I have noticed over the last couple of months that my left trap is a lot bigger than my right trap, and that my left scapula is poking out. I also have a hard time trying to flex my right trap so that might have something to do with it. (Right arm is my dominant arm)

I have tried to even out my traps by switching up my DL grip, doing DB shrugs with my right arm only to get it to come out, but nothing helps.

Here are some pics. (trap is flexed)
**broken link removed**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

thank you very much for any help.

Your post might get a little bit more love in the beginners forum... Hard to tell from the photos but it seems to me like you have more muscular development on your right side. That would be the reason your left shoulder blade pops out more. I have a similar issue and it is frustrating. Gotta work with what god gave you. I say focus on dumbbell and isolateral movements and focus on getting bigger and stronger. It can even out with time. You just have to "feel" your left and right getting equal exhaustion... My opinion of course

Looks to me also your right side is a little more developed than your left as far as the traps and rear delt goes, When your emphasizing on pushing them out (from what it looks like?),they will stick out, try standing erect yet relaxed(not flexing) should give a better indication of winged scapulas.

As mentioned by "leggo" try and stick with isolated movements, if indeed you do have WS? Some other exercises you may incorporate is on a low cable row machine, seated rope pulls palms(thumbs) in a downward position with your back in a very erect position and concentrate on squeezing your scapula together when pulling back (try not to use heavy weights with this your,concern is to balance the muscle for now not add mass save that for a later program.

Y and W are a very good movement also and try taking a rope 8' long or so throw over a pull up bar with your feet slightly in front of you your palms facing each other lean back arms extended squeezing your scapulas together and pull your self upright by pulling each arm at 90 degree angle to your sides ( hopefully that makes sense?) Do to failure.
I would incorporate this with your chest days from my experience less likely hood of an impingement in the shoulder(s). :(

Thank you very much for the replys. Do you guys think I should maybe go see a chiropractor??

Thank you very much for the replys. Do you guys think I should maybe go see a chiropractor??

it would not hurt go. If it is a major concern for yourself it may help ease your mind after visiting one, and that way you will get a professional opinion and not just relying on Self Diagnosis.

Scapula PushUps might be something to look into.

It looks like you have some nerve impimgment/damage that is causing a slight deformity. Get it checked out so it doesn't get orse or become irriversable. I would go to an orthopedic if I had the money.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws