over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Please help me with these supps

BULK_CITY

Registered
For reference:
23 yr old healyhy male (no allergies/illnesses/disease/etc) @ ~200lbs @10%BF and I have a fast metabolism and average recovery and I eat very clean/healthy (DC way - 2g protein/bw from meat/fish/eggs, good complex carbs from oats/potatoes/rice/pasta, and lots of greens, no to very little dairy) and do my cardio.

I'm trying to finalize my supplment regime and just recheck that I have the dosing/times correct which seems VERY difficult to find.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me out here since I respect your opinions more than anyone's on this matter.

NOTE - I am not trying to overanalyze this stuff... quite the oppostie. I want to make sure I get my supps in order right now so I can just take them and stop worrying about them. After I get this in order I think I'll have nearly everything down to where I can just think about lifting when I'm in the gym and not randomly throughout my day.

THANK YOU!

ZINC:
zinc - **broken link removed**

or

zinc picolinate - **broken link removed**

is picolinate worth it? I was thinking of a ZMa stack to see how it is. Is it worth it? how much zinc per day/when? Currently I take:
**broken link removed** at=BC|589|770&N=4013448&Mo=10&pos=7&No=9&Nr=P_Cata logName:BC&cat=31057&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lan g=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC3418-Cat589&topnav=
for calcium. It has zinc/mag in it, is that sufficent? also - I take about 3g's of that calcium citrate every day (am, midday or postworkout, and before bed). Is that ok?

Vitamin E:
currently I take 400 mg 2x a day (with fats) for my last 2 meals of the day (even on workout days). Is this correct? it's dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate as well... I just did some research saying that the gamma-tocopherol form is the best. That true?

for instance:http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...ID=69&CPID=424

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...D=69&CPID=2112

are those somehow better? do i need seleium in them?

Vitamin C

currently i take:
**broken link removed** =1

which has:Vitamin C 1000 mg - 1667%, Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex [10% (10 mg) Hesperidin and Rutin]100 mg -

I take 2-5 g's a day (with meals) depending on how I feel. That ok?

Do i need rosehips? what about this ester C stuff?
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...D=68&CPID=1189

and wtf is ester e?
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...D=69&CPID=2523

Fish Oil:
in DC's supp recommendation thread: **broken link removed**
he says:
Quote:2)Omega Fish oils EPA DHA (3 grams a day same as rex said above)

did he mean 3 g's total, or 3g's of epa AND dha?
I currently take: **broken link removed**

which in 2 gels has:Fish Oil Concentrate 2400 mg - *, Omega-3 (EPA) Eicosapentaenoic Acid 432 mg - *, Omega-3 (DHA) Docosahexaenoic Acid 288 mg

and I take 6 a day (with last meal) which puts me at ~1.2g epa:1g dha

is that OK?

Brolemain:
**broken link removed**
NOW Bromelain 2000 GDU 500 mg

**broken link removed**
NOW Bromelain 2400 GDU 500 mg

and massg's:
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...&np=0#siblings
600 GDU 500mg

what is the difference btwn the 2000 GDU and 600 GDU? the description isn't very helpful and I'm trying to follow massg's recommendation of 3000 GDU max per day. If I pick the NOW brand bromleain, how many pills should I take per day?

B-Complex:

currently I take now brands b-50 caps. **broken link removed**
it has niacin (b3) in it (50mg). I take a cap in the AM on off days, and PWO on workout days. Is this correct?

MULTI VITAMIN
currently I take:**broken link removed**

I take 2 a day b/c I dont think they absorb as well as they should. 1 am, 1 midday or PWO if its a workout day. Are these ok or should I switch?

what about these:
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...PID=2 60&np=1

Acidophilus with pectin:
**broken link removed** (none of these have pectin I don't think, right?)

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...CID=1&CPID=503

which of these is best? and just take 1-2 with each meal? even after workouts with PWO shake?

Hi BulkCity,
These supplements that you list are more "supportive" in nature. I haven't really seen anything, in your list though, that will really help you to build muscle. Are you a natural lifter?
If this is all you plan to take, then I can think of a lot to add to this list and personally would just go with a good multivitamin. For starters I would add Phil's LBA's (Liquid Beef Aminos) to this list. Then add creatine, and a good BCAA product for support.

the supp regimine looks good bro! it looks like yo have done your homework on them.... just cause they dont help to directly build muscle dosent mean they are no good...

i would give it a try and see how you feel? if you experience any sides or unwanted effects then post em up and we will narrow it down and figure it out... i have never taken the costco vitimins but i think i heard the same thing you are saying that they dont digest(breakdown) properly... i could be wrong though... anyway ley us know how it works

i have never taken the costco vitimins but i think i heard the same thing you are saying that they dont digest(breakdown) properly... i could be wrong though... anyway ley us know how it works

I take the Costco multivitamin, and have never noticed any chunks of vitamin post-poopum. But, I guess unless I started sifting through my shit it'd be hard to tell.

Great post, excellent questions.

Yes, I think your supplements are supportive in nature. They SHOULD be, that's why they are "supplements".

Have you talked with DC? If you are getting results you are happy with emulating his diets, perhaps he would be great to consult with about what supplements will work best to supplement/support his diets.

I know it may cost you some $$$, but with supplements you are going to be so open to speculation/people's personal preferences about which ones to choose that you may not end up with the choices that compliment the diet that YOU are going to follow.

My recommendation is to consult with DC or maybe Phil.

Good luck, seems like you are planning to go in the right direction.:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity