over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poll Do you lift when sick

Vespa103

Registered
Ok I know people may have asked but whats the consensius on this

If you have the flu/cold do you lift? (Your on cycle)(this could be just do to poor homebrewing and actually adding more bacteria/whatever daily to your system)

Point being do you train when your sick? Weights and cardio one and not the other both ok or neither?

Depends how sick. I've been a little sick for about two weeks now. Mostly just allergy crap with a little lung slime. I've still been working out though. I never do cardio. I don't believe in it.

Good post

Very appropriate since I'm sure at least half the board has got some sort of bug going on.

What I do is refrain from training unless my illness continues on for more than a few days, then I just get stubborn and frustrated and carry on my life as if I were feeling 100%. Eventually it goes away.

depends on how i feel. if it's just a runny nose/allergies then yeah, but if i am feverish or sick at my stomach then i think it's time to rest up.

cortisiol levels are high enough when you're sick; why drive them up higher by training?

I try to train if I am sick but I may dial it back a notch or two in terms of intensity.

Sometimes it is too much and I get nauseaus or one of those pounding headaches and then I pack it in.

what r the odds you post this today. I am so pissed i missed my chest workout, i guess i gotta resume tomorrow. Did legs 2 days ago and i set personal best in the squat 2 diff sets and i guess it took its toll. Today i was run down, exhausted, and my muscles ached all over.

this really hits a sore point with me.first off,if your sick the last thing your body wants or needs is anymore stress put on it.you WILL NOT gain anything by training while sick.you just physically cant.YOU ARE SICK! your body wants to fight the sickness.why make it do 2 things instead of just 1.now this is what bothers me.i go to the hym to train feeling great,workout hard ,now my immune system is lowered(this is documented in studies after hard training) and i go home and now i get sick because some people think its shows dedication to train if your sick.NO.stay home until you are 100% better then go train hard.why make others sick so that you can attain nothing in the process but get more sick.sorry for the rant but,i really hate getting sick:(
later

I only missed a workout once because of sickness and I still tried to lift but spent most of my time in the gym that day on the toilet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws