advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

POLL: DOES YOUR SIZE HINDER YOU AT WORK?

Does your Size Hinder you in the workplace

• Yes

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • haven't really thought about or noticed it

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters
Concreting is more of an endurance job than pure strength.
Carrying around an extra 50lbs all day wears on ya, even at 6% bf.
But no one ever wanted pictures with a marathon runner. lol

Yes, the infrastructure is built for the 1950's so I cant even access certain places and to the extent that I work for the worlds largest oil company 99.9 % of my superiors are either Fat,females or socially awkward engineers who wont speak to me. Not that being fat,female or a nerd makes them lesser people. I can say that it makes getting promoted harder because people take even the slightest of things like body language as a sign of aggression or even my posture because I stand proud at 265 lbs.

Where I work you are kind of looked down on IF you don't lift. The boss is a big dude and we have several here in the last year who compete, including an NPC level guy. This is how it should be everywhere and our healthcare costs reflect it. Most places in our industry are very unhealthy and often awash in stimulant abuse. Not here. Reminds me of how lucky I am.
We even manipulate schedules to make sure everyone has gym time.

I am a financial advisor. I have come to the realization, that yes, it does hinder me. And the fact of the matter is, that most regular people do think that I'm on Anabolic Steroids. and that the fact that they think that, reflects poorly on the way they view me.

Yea I'd be like fuck, this guy spends half of his paychecks (from our investments) on Steroids and food, HE doesn't know how to spend his money, why would I wanna listen to him ?

and you know regular people think steroids cost thousands of dollars lol

I am a financial advisor. I have come to the realization, that yes, it does hinder me. And the fact of the matter is, that most regular people do think that I'm on Anabolic Steroids. and that the fact that they think that, reflects poorly on the way they view me.
Know this feeling exactly. I feel like the First impression & judgment tends to be, "this guy is a gym rat, he can't be that smart." I'm in the legal field and stay as covered up as possible. Hell, I make that own stereotypical judgment myself because a lot of the time, it's true. Most people drawn to this sport/hobby are idiots. It's never helped me be taken more seriously to carry a lot of extra muscle. I probably just look boxy and/or fat to most people when I'm in a suit, which is fine with me.

A lot of quality women look at a true bodybuilder physique as a red flag. Women like fit and lean, not huge. Most of us need to come to terms with the fact that only other gym rat types appreciate and admire such a physique. Nobody else really cares or it carries a negative connotation.

Last edited:
Yes the size does hinder judgement unfortunately, i applied for Many jobs up until my current high level automotive sales job. They told me awhile after my interview that I looked clueless and had i not worn glasses during the interview that they may have passed the position.

For some reason people tend to assume I'm not all that bright either.... But it actually works to my advantage in a way, since they don't expect me to be smart it is easy to impress them with my occasional flashes of competence! LOL

As a software developer I'm almost always the only fit person in the meetings I attend, although sometimes you will find a 90 lb yoga chick or Mr. 100 lb marathon runner in the room too. The only people my size are generally at about 60% bodyfat.

People always assumed that I was a gym teacher when I told them I taught high school. When I told them I was a Biology and Chemistry teacher they seemed really surprised. Guess some people do assume that if you are muscular that you are not Einstein.

I have the smallest most confined spaces I have to crawl into here at work and it's definitely gotten harder over the last couple years. I don't like confined spaces to begin with so being in one and not being able to have shoulder clearance or stand up makes a little difficult. My goal is to get big enough so I won't have to go in at all lol

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member