• Yes. Had a surgery and now everything is fine

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Yes. Had a surgery, but didn’t help much

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Yes. Did only physical therapy with a few exercises, and got fixed

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Yes. It got healed over time by itself without any PT or surgery

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Yes. I still have, it doesn’t bother me and I skip exercises that stress my RCs

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • No. Never had

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
I use to have pain in right for a long time from doing one set of incline barbell bench press, avoided that like the plague(been doing them again recently, medium weight, very careful on bottom). Haven't done any direct shoulder work in years. Occasion side laterals with light weight only going up 3/4. In my early days, my shoulders were too big for my arms, so I quit training them for a long time until my arms matched better. So not directly training them for a good portion of training days never cost me any sleep. Besides, the anterior and posterior heads get nailed on any kind of press for the chest and rows of any kind for back. Only one that really needs direct work is the medial head imho.

Doing rotator cuff stretches before training seems to help some. Getting my left arm under the bar for squats is a little tough.

I had a "pop" and shooting pain in my left shoulder getting the bar on my back for squats one day. Pain slowly went away after a few weeks.

Anyones shoulders click massively but no pain?

Used to get that a lot. Believe it or not BPC 157 also helped with that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I have a torn rotator cuff and will be getting surgery after my PT is done for my pec repair surgery.

Raw mine use to click without pain mate. Right one. When I was 20 odd years I had a serious impingement, heavy behind the neck presses , when I didn't know wtf I was doing so right shoulder plays up every now and then. Six months or so ago I watched Doug brignole on ric drasins show who advocates no overhead presses ( check the latest episode came out last Monday if u wish quite good ) so I thought what the hack I got loose here so I made a change to experiment no overhead presses. delts is my best bodypart and I love training delt like a mad mad heavy high volume until pump start to diminishes so it was quite hard in the beginning but I stick to plan . what i do is stack delt twice a week now after chest and back day , Max 20 min each session so wt is cut down as I am doing no overhead but frequency is doubled from once to twice . still do volume . I do instinctive training anyway for last 8 years approx so nothing is set in stone , whatever I feel like doing for them cables , dumbbell and barbell raises, I do a press exe where my arms are bend at elbows at my side and then straightening them up and down killer pump in front delt. I am very glad I made this change . shoulder health has improved no popping and caps has improved a little so all good. Try it for few months nothing to loose mate . all the best D

Last edited:
Had my MRI on the left shoulder yesterday. Doctor pinned some dye into the joint along with 10ML of saline...that was fucking deep. Then went into MRI. Was supposed to be "wide" and "open"...riiiiiight. Shoulders touched on the sides...don't know how some of you gorillas would ever fit!
Anyway..seeing the Spurs team doctor on Tuesday for evaluation of the results. Hoping no surgery needed!!!

A little survey... Please give more information if you can

Choose CAREFULLY !

I got rotator cuff problems in my early tweenties from doing super wide bench presses, super low dips and behind the neck presses.

There was a time that I could not move my arm without generating extreme pain. Therapy saved me. Some very simple stuff I read in a muscle newsletter from Stuart McRoberts actually.

I still do these movements as warmups before every pressing days 20 years later!

My take on surgery is that it should be a last resort thing. where you tried everything else first.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws