over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poll: Should I compete again in 2012?

Compete in 2012 again or no?

• Total voters

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, I'm on the fence right now about competing again this year. I would kind of like to do the Elite Muscle Classic in November.
Many of you have seen my pics from April when I was in the open heavies at the NC State's. I weighed in at 207, and could have been leaner.

Now I'm up to around 235 and still fairly lean, I've just been cruising for the most part gear wise and training HIT with Big A's routine. So most likely I would say I should try to be a LHW this time.
But that's my dilema. Do I try to be top of light heavies or bottom of heavies again? I doubt I've put on much true LBM at this point since April.
I think I could do well as a LHW, but with my height at almost 5'11" I know that eventually I need to be a legit HW.

So do I do the November show most likely as a LHW or do I take the rest of the year off from competing to put on more LBM and maybe be a HW next year?

If your hearts in it, go for it. Sounds like your heart is in being a heavyweight though. So take the time off and grow!!

i've done well as an open heavy at 200lbs in hind-sight maybe should have tried getting to 198, but i'm only 5'8 and looked like a fire hydrant compared to the other heavys. it's been my experience that most heavys give up conditioning for weight. I say do your prep. and compete where the scale lets you.

Shrek my heart is in ATM. I'm kind of getting the itch to do it. Im far enough out too, that I wonder if I could get in shape earlier this time, and then maybe grow a tad.

The guy that got fifth at states was my height and only 205 but was very hard and had standout delts, so its definitely possible. He was "trained " by one of the judges though that promotes two show here so who knows...

Honestly why not compete. You love the sport, you have been doing it for years and you have the idea in your head...Just go with it. Even if you dont win it all or do as well as you hope, you are still doing what you love.

Sounds to me like you want to do the show so I say do the show. BUT I think you need to forget the weight classes and just get as conditioned as you can and end up where you end up. I did well as a small heavy weight (6th at the 06 NA's at 206lbs) and you can definately win as a small heavy. If you are at the top of the light heavies and you are the best conditioned of the group you can win. It's all about being conditioned and not where you are weight wise in the class. Use the mirror and not the scale.

IMO if you have to put up a poll to do it, your heart is NOT in it.

if you wanna do it, do it. like BuffD said forgot about where you will end up class wise, get the conditioning and see where you end up. dont agonize or over-complicate things.

I hear what you guys are putting down. It's really not that my heart isn't in it, I really enjoyed my last prep. It's that I really want to be a legit heavy. I understand that conditioning is what wins shows, but also at my height I feel I'm going to be very small compared to a lot of guys until I get my stage weight up. So it's not really about being a certain weight, but that I know I need to get BIGGER.

I hear what you guys are putting down. It's really not that my heart isn't in it, I really enjoyed my last prep. It's that I really want to be a legit heavy. I understand that conditioning is what wins shows, but also at my height I feel I'm going to be very small compared to a lot of guys until I get my stage weight up. So it's not really about being a certain weight, but that I know I need to get BIGGER.

Then you really are answering your own question. Skip the show and grow and then next year do a show and be a true heavy weight. No point in going in as a heavy and not being conditioned enough. Take the time to put the size on.

Take the year off.
You are doing it for yourself after all, not having other reasons to do it , so compete again when you feel you are ready ( up one more class)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws