advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poor dumb kid at the gym tonight got hurt bad...

NPCS FINEST

Kilo Klub Member
Well tonight something happend at the gym I hope I never see again in my life. We have a group of younger kids 20-23 I'd say ....who train together and are always trying to one up each other on the weight....which in a way is good to push your training partners but tonight one kid let his friends talk him into trying 405 on the flat bench. Now this kid had no bizz trying anything over 300. Well I am sure you all know what I am going to say next.

Yup...dropped that SOB right on his chest.....I didnt get to actually see it...I was in the bathroom but my girl said as soon as he brought it off the rack it just dropped and crushed his chest :(.....he is lucky tho...another inch or two and it would of took his chin off. A few members ran over and helped get the weight off him.....the kid seemed shocked...but seemed fine....3-4 min later he started screaming out in pain. Hospital is about 1 mile away so it didnt take the EMT's to long to get there at all. I feel bad because I watched them load the bar up and I was going to tell them to not even try it....or at least spot him if he was dead set on it....but they loaded it...and then stood around looking at it for about ten min.....I honestly didnt think any of them was actually going to try it. The dumb stuff we will let our friends talk us into lol.

Becareful guys when going heavy...this poor kid was laughing and joking around the whole time he was at the gym...seemed to be having a great day....and that quick it went from good to totally bad.

For those of you memebers who pray....if you could say a prayer for this young man. I can still hear his screams in my head....poor kid...I hope he didnt hurt himself to bad.

Also....I got word tonight that my sisters daughter is in the hospital and very sick....I dont know all the details but for her to call me and tell me about it ...it must be pretty serious. I am taking off work tomorrow and the next day to head down to my sisters and be with her family. If you all could keep her in your prayers as well that would be great!!

Thanks

The kid from the gym and your sister and her kid are in my prayers bro.

they are both in my prayers bro. keep us updated if at all possible.

My prayers are with them...

damn i feel for you man i lost my little bro two years ago his bday was actually last monday it never gets easier i will say that. but there in mine tonight and man i have alot of groups at my gym that try shit like that all the time one group broke the smith rack others bent the safeties on the squat rack.

I hate seeing a bro from the gym get hurt. I remember a kid around 20 yrs old who was squatting and had a wide grip on the bar. His arms were almost extended all the way out. On his way down his thumb was almost taken completely off on one of the pegs you rack the bar on. He went down pretty fast too and it cut it like a knife. Bled like crazy and put him out for a while.

Definitely in my prayers bro!!!! CJ

this happend to me the first time i tied 500 but i had previously gotton 475 then decided to jum t0 500 and it fell strait on my chest it hurts but he should be ok will be out at least 4 months though depending

poor kid probably has some crushing injurys or compartment syndrome thats why it took a few minutes for him to feel the pain ...

Hope he gets it sorted

Prayer go out to the kid and your niece.

Hopefully he didn't crack any ribs or collapse a lung. Long recovery from those. Unfortunately sometimes experience is the best teacher for these kids.

that's why i miss the closed knit type gyms from back in the days...when i started training the older vets would sort of take you under their wing, and give you all the help and advice you could want. saved me from doing this type of thing to myself many times. now a days gyms like most places are filled with strangers...by that i mean, no one cares, they just mind there own business, and go bout their day. then the kids, if you do try to help them, they just look at you like some no it all...shame, i truly hope he's ok!!! CJ

PS: let us know how your niece is doing bro.

Well tonight something happend at the gym I hope I never see again in my life. We have a group of younger kids 20-23 I'd say ....who train together and are always trying to one up each other on the weight....which in a way is good to push your training partners but tonight one kid let his friends talk him into trying 405 on the flat bench. Now this kid had no bizz trying anything over 300. Well I am sure you all know what I am going to say next.

Yup...dropped that SOB right on his chest.....I didnt get to actually see it...I was in the bathroom but my girl said as soon as he brought it off the rack it just dropped and crushed his chest :(.....he is lucky tho...another inch or two and it would of took his chin off. A few members ran over and helped get the weight off him.....the kid seemed shocked...but seemed fine....3-4 min later he started screaming out in pain. Hospital is about 1 mile away so it didnt take the EMT's to long to get there at all. I feel bad because I watched them load the bar up and I was going to tell them to not even try it....or at least spot him if he was dead set on it....but they loaded it...and then stood around looking at it for about ten min.....I honestly didnt think any of them was actually going to try it. The dumb stuff we will let our friends talk us into lol.

Becareful guys when going heavy...this poor kid was laughing and joking around the whole time he was at the gym...seemed to be having a great day....and that quick it went from good to totally bad.

For those of you memebers who pray....if you could say a prayer for this young man. I can still hear his screams in my head....poor kid...I hope he didnt hurt himself to bad.

Also....I got word tonight that my sisters daughter is in the hospital and very sick....I dont know all the details but for her to call me and tell me about it ...it must be pretty serious. I am taking off work tomorrow and the next day to head down to my sisters and be with her family. If you all could keep her in your prayers as well that would be great!!

Thanks

I have seen the awesome power of prayer and faith. I will be on my knee praying for intersession for your niece and the young man who was injured.

God Bless

I hate seeing a bro from the gym get hurt. I remember a kid around 20 yrs old who was squatting and had a wide grip on the bar. His arms were almost extended all the way out. On his way down his thumb was almost taken completely off on one of the pegs you rack the bar on. He went down pretty fast too and it cut it like a knife. Bled like crazy and put him out for a while.

Reminds me of a guy I saw at the gym that took the last part of one of his fingers off when he somehow smashes his finger between the dumbell he was holding and one on the ground. I guess he didnt see the one on the ground.

I have faith that both will be ok. The kid will probably be back in the gym in a week or less doin similar stunts!

When I was in college I saw a college girl jogging on the side walk in town. I was in my dad's car sitting at the stop light and she decided to cross the road, but the light had just turned green. Someone ended up hitting her full speed, going about 25 mph. The girl flipped up in the air so that she was completely upside down and her head was on the level of the windshield at the peak. She came crashing down on the pavement from that height. When on the ground she was going into convulsions. This was on a sunday. On monday the girl was in the gym lifting weights and acting like nothing had happened! The accident looked horrific and I imagined she was hurt really bad. I was feeling a bit morose ,because I had just finished helping out on an autopsy of a 21 yr old girl that died in her car when she was struck by a train. I assumed the worst for the runner but was pleansantly surprised to see her in such good spirits just one day later! The human body is amazing what kind of trauma it can sustain.

I really hope he'll be ok and learn a good life lesson. We all do dumb shit when we're young. Wishing your sisters daughter the best too man. Too many sick kids in this world.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hopefully he didn't crack any ribs or collapse a lung.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member