over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poor mans CT score test at home??

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
Has anyone heard of this test which is basically comparing the normal blood pressure reading done around the arm to the ankle brachial index...

"
You can do a BP check on arm, and a BP check at ankle, compare the two taken within minutes of each other - if a great difference, you have some stiff arteries and plaque formation in the body. It is very accurate and works well for trending."

This simply provides an indication of blood flow to the legs (i.e., it can provide evidence of peripheral artery disease). It is very weakly correlated with risk for coronary artery disease for those at very high risk.

This test is not very relevant for our population (healthy adult male resistance trained androgen users).

Of course there is going to be a difference. Your ankle is a lot further away from your heart versus your arm.

This simply provides an indication of blood flow to the legs (i.e., it can provide evidence of peripheral artery disease). It is very weakly correlated with risk for coronary artery disease for those at very high risk.

This test is not very relevant for our population (healthy adult male resistance trained androgen users).
I’m gonna have to agree that this falls under what we want to work as to what does. Big thing if you’re under 25 health insurance is cheap at this point and will be cheaper to keep it than to wait until you’re old enough to need it and have to pay a lot especially based on the fact that we all get the obese price bc of what we weigh. Some guys this doesn’t apply to but I’m betting 85% of the guys on here are well north of 200lbs so when I was 27 I got Blue Cross it was $100 a month, never used it so I took on my CA benefits a a disabled veteran, only med I was prescribed was kolonopin, 10 years later I realize I actually want to use health care now and the VA sucks and I went back to my BC guy, who gets his supps from me and good coverage for me is about $600 a month he told me that if I had just kept my policy my monthly woukd still be under $200 so like labs young bucks invest in insurance especially if you have shit luck and get a tear the quality of care for an insured patient Vice not is beyond words.

Even if I was really really poor I would just spend the $100-$150 and get the actual test done.

in canada you need a docs referral and they won't give it unless u have a major history. pathetic. there are private places but they still need a docs referall.

in canada you need a docs referral and they won't give it unless u have a major history. pathetic. there are private places but they still need a docs referall.

This is what I don't get. It's a PROACTIVE test that you pay for out of your pocket...no bothering the almighty multi-billion dollar insurance companies. All the doctor has to do is write the referral...unbelievable!

The same thing happened to my friend that I wrote about on here. His Primary said no and wouldn't write the referral. Luckily he has a friend who's a doctor that wrote it for him. Remember his score was 2,175, had a widow maker and wound up getting a triple bypass. He would be dead now if he didn't get the test done.

I don't want to steer this thread off course but remember this, when a doctor refuses a test that you're adamant about, tell that person you want it in the record that you asked for "Test X", were denied, and if anything happens to you the doctor is to be held liable. Most will go ahead and cave.

This is what I don't get. It's a PROACTIVE test that you pay for out of your pocket...no bothering the almighty multi-billion dollar insurance companies. All the doctor has to do is write the referral...unbelievable!

The same thing happened to my friend that I wrote about on here. His Primary said no and wouldn't write the referral. Luckily he has a friend who's a doctor that wrote it for him. Remember his score was 2,175, had a widow maker and wound up getting a triple bypass. He would be dead now if he didn't get the test done.

I don't want to steer this thread off course but remember this, when a doctor refuses a test that you're adamant about, tell that person you want it in the record that you asked for "Test X", were denied, and if anything happens to you the doctor is to be held liable. Most will go ahead and cave.
I don't even know why these stupid private people ask for a referral. they should just have a doctor onsite like a trt place and you go pay and boom. ass backwards.

Reactions: Bio
i would like to add that when i did speak to my doctor he sent me to an internal medicine doctor. she said you don't need it based on the Farmington score https://www.cvriskcalculator.com/?? well yah they don't have a check box for 20 Pluss years of AAS USE LOL.

she said even if you did get it and it was high, it could high due to many reasons. and it would be unnecessary worry for me. she said there isn't a direct correlation between heart attacks and calcium score. it can be high but dense and small, or it can be soft and wide spread but produce same score. i don't know she just rambled off. i have read some supporting stuff about this theory.

all in all i will keep doctor shopping , only side effect is little radiation but she said based on the Farmington score i am not at risk the end .

Interesting. When I check BP of people on the hospital, some of them are so fat i have to put the cuff on their forearm. By scientific deduction I have concluded that if I am taking your BP from the forearm, you probably have or will have heart disease.

Iron lifter, it sounds like you need to be pointed in the right direction for a doctor.

You got a PM

Interesting. When I check BP of people on the hospital, some of them are so fat i have to put the cuff on their forearm. By scientific deduction I have concluded that if I am taking your BP from the forearm, you probably have or will have heart disease.
Lol
Yep I think odds are in your favor if they are that large. I'm just thankful I'm not in that condition, being healthy is powerful

Damn how old was he, was he experiencing any symptoms? I know the Score is a realitively new topic in the sport it was always HDL and liver focused for us it’s just recently that I’ve heard about it and same gig for me the VA doesn’t want to test anything bc I had a good exhaust a decade ago and my labs are good. Of course I was stupid and gave my real family history which is none but you could always lie about family history and/or fake chest pains-I’m at the latter I just am not super worried as I do have no history and all my other labs are good. Plus I’m under 45 first pin was at 23, 3 years in jail and 3 years fertility so two 3-4 year totally natty periods In a 20 year comp history that never required much more than 2,000 total mg ew of gear which I thought 750 of test, 300-600 of eq and a lil winny /mast mix was goin pretty hard in my show winning days and my guys all ran fairly similar cycles with success, I literally didn’t believe guys would take over 3,000 a week let alone 10 or 13 k mg, I tried to run 2,000mgvof test for a month to see what would happen growth wise and my BP and such were fine but I felt awful, 1,500 works but for me 750-1,000 works best and I’m a decent sized dude. What was your score if I may ask. I know Antoine Vallient got his and basically retired, apparently a high score can be reversed, I dunno I’ve always taken K and D3 with lecithin but then Nick Walkers is 0, yes he’s young but he’s been gassed the fuck up for awhile. It all seems so random. Nasser is dead Wheeler lost a leg but Don’t Long, Levrone, Dorian Ronnie, Cormier, Cutler are all fine and Priest and Jackson could still compete if they wanted to. I know in a post Covid era or Covid era the bodies are there but the %s are still fairly optimistic and yea the morons of the sport like Piana and Bostin are gone but we all knew that was coming. I totally believe in proactive action especially when it comes to cardio and heart supplements from day one of this life so even at 23 before my first shot I was taking all these health supps, though then it was bc I believe(d) that a healthy happy body can carry more mass so I focused on health as a performance enhancer if you will now I think guys and this can be for nattys too who push 6-8 meals a day you gotta get those fresh fruits and veggies along with tons of water and proper supplementation. Sorry I rabbit holed there it’s just the whole thing is so mind twisting we’ve had more death in the last 2 years than the previous 20 and good practices are in order but I feel like we are missing something as well.

Damn how old was he, was he experiencing any symptoms? I know the Score is a realitively new topic in the sport it was always HDL and liver focused for us it’s just recently that I’ve heard about it and same gig for me the VA doesn’t want to test anything bc I had a good exhaust a decade ago and my labs are good. Of course I was stupid and gave my real family history which is none but you could always lie about family history and/or fake chest pains-I’m at the latter I just am not super worried as I do have no history and all my other labs are good. Plus I’m under 45 first pin was at 23, 3 years in jail and 3 years fertility so two 3-4 year totally natty periods In a 20 year comp history that never required much more than 2,000 total mg ew of gear which I thought 750 of test, 300-600 of eq and a lil winny /mast mix was goin pretty hard in my show winning days and my guys all ran fairly similar cycles with success, I literally didn’t believe guys would take over 3,000 a week let alone 10 or 13 k mg, I tried to run 2,000mgvof test for a month to see what would happen growth wise and my BP and such were fine but I felt awful, 1,500 works but for me 750-1,000 works best and I’m a decent sized dude. What was your score if I may ask. I know Antoine Vallient got his and basically retired, apparently a high score can be reversed, I dunno I’ve always taken K and D3 with lecithin but then Nick Walkers is 0, yes he’s young but he’s been gassed the fuck up for awhile. It all seems so random. Nasser is dead Wheeler lost a leg but Don’t Long, Levrone, Dorian Ronnie, Cormier, Cutler are all fine and Priest and Jackson could still compete if they wanted to. I know in a post Covid era or Covid era the bodies are there but the %s are still fairly optimistic and yea the morons of the sport like Piana and Bostin are gone but we all knew that was coming. I totally believe in proactive action especially when it comes to cardio and heart supplements from day one of this life so even at 23 before my first shot I was taking all these health supps, though then it was bc I believe(d) that a healthy happy body can carry more mass so I focused on health as a performance enhancer if you will now I think guys and this can be for nattys too who push 6-8 meals a day you gotta get those fresh fruits and veggies along with tons of water and proper supplementation. Sorry I rabbit holed there it’s just the whole thing is so mind twisting we’ve had more death in the last 2 years than the previous 20 and good practices are in order but I feel like we are missing something as well.

He was 65 at the time. No symptoms at all. The current statistic out there is 50% of the people who had a heart attack had no prior symptoms.

It's just a tool in the tool box. It may be a low percentage of people but what's the issue with being proactive? Especially when you consider that heart disease is the #1 killer even over all cancers combined!

Don Long isn't ok. He's been in kidney failure for a long time now...has to be roughly 20 years now. When I met him at the 1st Annual Flex Wheeler Classic, he said he was doing dialysis 6 days a week. That's a ton but then if you looked at him, it was obvious he was still juiced up. The deaths have always been around but we don't know what a lot of these people do behind closed doors OR what they may have been into in their past. Many are on year round AND high dosages. A lot them still don't monitor BP, the list goes on and on. You can't tell if someone's in good health by looking at them. Sometimes you can tell a person is in bad health by their appearance.

I’ve always taken K and D3 with lecithin but then Nick Walkers is 0, yes he’s young but he’s been gassed the fuck up for awhile.

It takes about 10 years for the soft plaque to calcify. So it's essentially a snap shot from 10 years prior. Nick walker is 27 so I hope he'd have a 0.

If a person wants check for soft plaque, they need to get a CT coronary angiogram.

Most people that have a cardiac event have 90%+ blockage somewhere. Most are not going to "feel" anything prior to the event except maybe feeling tired or "off".

It takes about 10 years for the soft plaque to calcify. So it's essentially a snap shot from 10 years prior. Nick walker is 27 so I hope he'd have a 0.

If a person wants check for soft plaque, they need to get a CT coronary angiogram.

Most people that have a cardiac event have 90%+ blockage somewhere. Most are not going to "feel" anything prior to the event except maybe feeling tired or "off".
i always wondered how can one have normal blood pressure and ejection fraction and have a blockage at the same time that can cause a heart attack /stroke?

now if your taking medicine to control blood pressure that might mask these symptoms but if your not taking any bp meds and have optimal bp and ejection fraction the chance of blockages are slim wouldn't they be?

i always wondered how can one have normal blood pressure and ejection fraction and have a blockage at the same time that can cause a heart attack /stroke?

now if your taking medicine to control blood pressure that might mask these symptoms but if your not taking any bp meds and have optimal bp and ejection fraction the chance of blockages are slim wouldn't they be?

I think you're a little twisted up. A MI is blockage in the blood supply to the heart muscle. Not a blockage in the heart pumping blood out.

I think you're a little twisted up. A MI is blockage in the blood supply to the heart muscle. Not a blockage in the heart pumping blood out.
ok so ejection fraction only measures pumping out, where as MI is incoming blood supply being blocked?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws