over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poor vitamin absorption

gotgame

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Hopefully the pic shows ok. I had to try to compress it which is annoying.

So I got some interesting PM's in the past when I make supplement comments. A few years ago I posted that I routinely see vitamins in patients bowel that ofcourse are not absorbed so its a waste of money. I made the mistake of saying the brand the patient was taking which caused some upset people.

Here is an example from yesterday. The patient only took 1 type of tablet which was a well known multivitamin. When i showed her her scan she was embarrassed because she spent a lot of money on this vitamin and it obviously is just going right through her bowel ( its now in her colon) and not doing anything.

I favor liquid or gel caps when possible. Im not saying all tablets are bad but think about the people who are designing some of these supplements..do they really understand the process or are they some guys who like working out, read some articles online and are "respected" in the community so are trying to capitalize. This is just one of many examples. Doing my best to actually prove some of the statements I make whenever possible.

Attachments

• ggresize.jpg
    ggresize.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:
Dam! I think you should give us the brand names so we can avoid wasting more money

Hopefully the pic shows ok. I had to try to compress it which is annoying.

So I got some interesting PM's in the past when I make supplement comments. A few years ago I posted that I routinely see vitamins in patients bowel that ofcourse are not absorbed so its a waste of money. I made the mistake of saying the brand the patient was taking which caused some upset people.

Here is an example from yesterday. The patient only took 1 type of tablet which was a well known multivitamin. When i showed her her scan she was embarrassed because she spent a lot of money on this vitamin and it obviously is just going right through her bowel ( its now in her colon) and not doing anything.

I favor liquid or gel caps when possible. Im not saying all tablets are bad but think about the people who are designing some of these supplements..do they really understand the process or are they some guys who like working out, read some articles online and are "respected" in the community so are trying to capitalize. This is just one of many examples. Doing my best to actually prove some of the statements I make whenever possible.
Do you recommend a multi vitamin for most people?

You'd it'd be wiser for people to first run bloodwork and see what they are deficient in and what's causing that deficiency, rather than shoot in the dark.

Dr Stasha Gominak talked about this on a podcast recently; elevated vitamin d levels were just as detrimental for sleep as deficient levels were.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

^ personally I don’t take a multivitamin. I’d rather buy the important vitamins separately and have them dosed properly, rather than small amount of a whole array of things.

Also, getting a blood test for vitamin D is crucial to know whether the dose you’re using is what it should be. I used 10,000iu per day and it puts me at 71 on the blood test, which is considered optimal.

It sounds like you're talking about sports nutrition companies. Are all solid multivitamins kind of crap? What about the claims of meeting USP standards for disolving?

GG here is my liquid/ gel caps.

I don't do tablets for vitamins. been using Now liquid gel for a long time now. I trust Now quality.
**broken link removed**

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I am not an expert on vitamins and I am not going to recommend one brand over another. Simply saying a lot of what we take isn't really even being absorbed. I see it so incredibly often. A lot of fun to show patients lol

Dev- That is what I take as well. Not promoting it...just saying hey its pretty decent IMO.

My issue i guess is with many of these sport supplement companies who are being run by people who probably dont have any qualifications to be doing so other then then they like to workout and take supplements.

Ive seen members on this own board make hilarious claims about supplements they are semi promoting which im just like oh cmon you dont really believe that do you lmao.

Im a pretty simple guy, eat good quality food. lots of veggies and lean meats. Maybe take a multi made by a company that actually does it for a living that doesnt spend so much money on marketing and some quality protein powder.

^ personally I don’t take a multivitamin. I’d rather buy the important vitamins separately and have them dosed properly, rather than small amount of a whole array of things.

Also, getting a blood test for vitamin D is crucial to know whether the dose you’re using is what it should be. I used 10,000iu per day and it puts me at 71 on the blood test, which is considered optimal.

Vitamin D is on my list of things we really REAALLY need to be supplementing with. My vitamin D levels were i think about 18 back in 2011. That was a wake up call for me.

What test do you take to find this out? And to find out vitamin levels in general?

Ive always been under the impression the problems with vitamins are;

1) Ratios are shit, calcium hinders zinc etc
2) cheapest form, many are animal biproducts
3) super dosed, not just in a single nutrient but many

We have literature on things like super dosed b-vitamins, and its not good. I assume the same goes for most non-fat soluble vitamins.

Vitamin D is on my list of things we really REAALLY need to be supplementing with. My vitamin D levels were i think about 18 back in 2011. That was a wake up call for me.
What's on the rest of that list sir?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Guys...simple, don't take tablets. I've known this for almost a decade.

The only tablets I do take are Doctors Best Magnesium Glycinate and NAC Sustain by Jarrow.

I am not an expert on vitamins and I am not going to recommend one brand over another. Simply saying a lot of what we take isn't really even being absorbed. I see it so incredibly often. A lot of fun to show patients lol

Dev- That is what I take as well. Not promoting it...just saying hey its pretty decent IMO.

My issue i guess is with many of these sport supplement companies who are being run by people who probably dont have any qualifications to be doing so other then then they like to workout and take supplements.

Ive seen members on this own board make hilarious claims about supplements they are semi promoting which im just like oh cmon you dont really believe that do you lmao.

Im a pretty simple guy, eat good quality food. lots of veggies and lean meats. Maybe take a multi made by a company that actually does it for a living that doesnt spend so much money on marketing and some quality protein powder.
So I happens to take same Multi Vitamin/brand as GG that shoots my status straight to semi - God on pro muscle you all hear me. All you sluts better start showing me some motherfucking respect!

GG has said many a times he don't share personal use of gear or supps brands and STILL people ask to this day lol

This is the first time ever he given a brand he personally uses I think. Now you all know. All thanks to me [emoji3]

Guys...simple, don't take tablets. I've known this for almost a decade.

The only tablets I do take are Doctors Best Magnesium Glycinate and NAC Sustain by Jarrow.

NAC by Swanson is in powder form in capsules. This is what i use. No need of taking tablets.

NAC by Swanson is in powder form in capsules. This is what i use. No need of taking tablets.

Yeah there is a reason to...Sustain is time released which is why it's got a tablet like shell.

Doctors best curcumin pills at 1000mg per tablet and life extension two day tablets seem to be treating me well.

Read an article years ago about multi vitamin tablets and they said if you put a tablet in a glass of vinegar overnight and it doesn't dissolve, it isn't going to dissolve in your digestive system either.

Read an article years ago about multi vitamin tablets and they said if you put a tablet in a glass of vinegar overnight and it doesn't dissolve, it isn't going to dissolve in your digestive system either.

I just tested the glass of vinegar theory with a One a Day Men's health formula tablet (which I take twice a day cuz I'm just THAT hardcore...) and it completely dissolved in the vinegar after about 20 minutes.

Well I just took a look and the only things I take in tablet form are Vitamin C and Zinc. I suppose I should stay away from the tablet form from now on to be safe

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws