over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pop tarts and mountain dew

Strawberry Pop-Tarts with sprinkled frosting should be illegal they are so good and are crack-addicting:D

Pop-Tart Anonymous would be a killer group...lol!

My little boy likes the brown sugar ones too.....unfortunately so do I ....but I can usually just eat one then be set. If not for him then we'd just not have them in the house!

I used to love Mt Dew, then diet dew, then had a Monster Zero addiction, and other than a monster rehab (green tea) on occasion I use 4C energy rush 0 cal drink mixes for caffiene fixes....usually 2x a day, one pre-fasted cardio then need another around noonish.

Still hafta have a diet coke/pepsi when we go out to a restaurant, tho.

My problem is that I feel like crap when I eat that stuff... not psychologically, but physically. If I want a quick-acting carb, it's white rice for me. PWO it's a "rice pudding" made of white rice mixed with vanilla whey and water or almond milk.

I do, however believe that a carb is a carb (especially post workout), so whatever floats your boat...

Yeah, refined bullshit sugar might help muscles grow, but also cancer and other shit. Why not fruit and white rice?

I am not gonna tell you it really matters when it comes to body composition, cause it probably won't much, but there's a reason people die young and have health issues we didn't have 100 years ago, and soda/sugar is a big part of it.

That being said I am battling a diet soda addiction, so I somewhat feel your pain. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're not harming yourself, just cause you're not getting fat.

So can gear and HGH, but I don't see anyone here quitting that any time soon.

So can gear and HGH, but I don't see anyone here quitting that any time soon.

I don't know a substitute that works as well as gear and HGH but I do know of food that is a heck of alot better than poptarts and Mountain Dew.

Hot dogs or Chicken Breasts?

Poptarts or sweet potatos?

Mountain Dew or Maltodextrin?

Beer or water???? Hmmm

I don't know a substitute that works as well as gear and HGH but I do know of food that is a heck of alot better than poptarts and Mountain Dew.

Beer or water???? Hmmm

Looks like you missed my point. I guess HGH and gear is worth possibly dying for and poptarts aren't? Hmmmmm.

I like gear and poptarts.... My point was that people start lecturing others about things that can possible harm you, but then take gram after gram of gear and kit after kit of HGH w/o hesitation.

Ok, how bad has my addiction become? I had a few people telling me a few months back that I could push more carbs by changing my post work out drink and ocassionally during work out drink to mountain dew and also get 1 box of pop tarts in a day. I now consume double that. I can't wait to consume them. I am still slow and steady on my gains. No sign's of massive fat gains.

I'm addicted to Coca Cola but when I have to many I get fat,,,so i drink them in moderation.

I drink 24oz of Sierra Mist Natural (real sugar) and eat a low fat pop tart for every pwo meal.....I've been doing this for quite awhile now. I eat rice and fruit and good stuff every other meal. I think I can handle some sugary junk after my workouts...lol

I didn't know anyone else was into poptarts post workout. I do that from time to time. I guess because this is bodybuilding everyone wants to be a health nut, but I believe during post-workout all the rules change. Trauma has occurred and in your body, repair becomes priority. Even late night carb rule is out the window if it's post workout. Muscle get priority, that's where the carbs will go.

Yeah, refined sugars are "bad," but unless its coming natural from the earth, totally untouched, almost everything is refined. It has to be. All bread/pasta is also refined. But I think post workout that's what you are looking for. Something more simplified and broken down to be absorbed fast and create a greater insulin spike along with faster reglycogenation.

Now, is doing this only after workout, especially when physiological conditions are primed for it, bad. I really don't think so. I'm sure besides during this time, you are sticking to real whole foods. Being a strict ass bodybuilder/ health nut, and only breaking the rules post workout, I really think is not going to cause long term problems.

Last edited:
IMO

if it aint loaded with salt, or boatloads of unhealthy fats, then who cares, just eat it

if your bulking eat it, drugs tend to compensate alot for lazier diets

the only time id really be concerned is if your dieting, alwise eat

besides relax, i eat a bag of jelly beans, frozen coke, bottle of sprite, a litre of fruit juice, half a bag M&Ms and more daily as junk food

if ya feel guilty about it, then of course dont eat it, but lifes short, enjoy it, id personaly never be a bodybuilder if i had to eat brown rice and tuna every day, that shits tastes and smells worse going in me, then going out of me :p

each to there own, but if you really do enjoy it then i dont see why you should be concerned

Last edited:
Pop Tarts are something that I, as well of many of my friends, have been using during offseason times for years. It's not uncommon for me to go through a couple of boxes per week. Yeah, maybe they aren't the cleanest carbs, but they do work great when used preworkout/postworkout, as well as being a pretty concentrated source of carbs when trying to get a lot of calories in (not to mention being delicious). Brown Sugar Cinnamon or S'mores! Gimme some!

Beer or water???? Hmmm

lol:D

Attachments

• over head.jpg
    over head.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 972
Looks like you missed my point. I guess HGH and gear is worth possibly dying for and poptarts aren't? Hmmmmm.

I like gear and poptarts.... My point was that people start lecturing others about things that can possible harm you, but then take gram after gram of gear and kit after kit of HGH w/o hesitation.

Good point!:)

I won't go in a debate why refine sugar is not good for you. :rolleyes:

Eww makes me sick just thinking about it.....I used to love Mt Dew...quit drinking it once for contest prep....never tasted the same to me after....that was over 7 years ago...might have drank it a few times since.

For me it's a fist full of Wonka's Bottle Caps PWO....the root beer ones are ridiculous!

I do concur with EJ though...them somebitches heated and covered in butter is some of the best shit you'll ever put in your face.

Love thatbloke's Take on a body building diet too!!!

I'm addicted to Coca Cola but when I have to many I get fat,,,so i drink them in moderation.
Bro Cherry Coke is the BEST!!!! If you never had it....then dont even try it bro cause I dont want you getting all fat ;)

Pop Tarts are something that I, as well of many of my friends, have been using during offseason times for years. It's not uncommon for me to go through a couple of boxes per week. Yeah, maybe they aren't the cleanest carbs, but they do work great when used preworkout/postworkout, as well as being a pretty concentrated source of carbs when trying to get a lot of calories in (not to mention being delicious). Brown Sugar Cinnamon or S'mores! Gimme some!

My concern is I eat lean all year and have for several years now. Now this sweet stuff has created some heavy desires. Read a lot of good thoughts so far. Never knew so many people consumed this stuff.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131