over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pork?

Kindtrap

Registered
Newbies
What’s the general consensus on pork?

I am not asking how it stacks up to other protein or anything. Just generally how do you fellas feel about eating it?

I am a hunter and hunting season is coming up; that means I have to make a lot of freezer space in the next couple of months and will be eating a lot of wild hog.

what do y’all think of it?

I'll eat properly raised pork. It's so much better than typical industrial farm raised. Wild is even better. The males are a little game but not bad. I've hog hunted with dogos great fun and tasty smoked.

Lean pork tenderloin is a highly underrated lean protein source with similar macros to chicken breast. Properly cooked, it's phenomenal and a far cry from plain chicken

I kill so many hogs I don’t even keep them anymore. I used to take the meat to the local orphanage and some food banks, but so did every other large property owner and they ran out of freezer space just like I did!

needless to say I have a never ending supply of it.

We eat a good bit but it's all wild caught then finished raised on fruit for a couple weeks to clean them out and the boars are cut a few weeks before slaughter.

It's technically a red meat according to it's amino profile , someone posted that years ago. I think some people don't digest it will and it gets a bad rap for that.

Wild hog is some of the best meat you can get.

pork is completely G2G

The protein bioavailavility is lower and pork causes arterie issues. Stick to beef or poultry.

I'd really like to see your proof of such a statement.

I eat pork everyday as my main source of protein along with egg whites. Ribeye cut. Absolutely delicious. I don't like any other cut because it's too dry. I used to hate pork and swore up and down I'd never eat it again after working at pork slaughter house. 3000 pigs a day would get driven in to be killed. Disgusting environment. But with enough time away I guess I just stopped thinking about it. But pork is an absolutely great alternative to eating beef all the time and for with you get sick of chicken. I haven't eaten chicken regularly for years. As far as meat goes, pork and ground turkey along with beef here and there and I'm golden.

Pork just tastes dirty to me, always has. I can tolerate bacon if it's good bacon and not caked in grease or maybe some salamis but otherwise I'll pass.....whatever food you add it to it completely takes over the taste and just tastes off to me. My parents grew up in a muslim country there weren't any pigs so in turn my mom never really cooked it growing up other than maybe some bacon for breakfast once in a great while, I guess I just never developed a taste for it.

That being said....Swine my brotha??

Attachments

• Cf4PbUiUUAEUbRI.jpg
    Cf4PbUiUUAEUbRI.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16
Technically woodchuck is not pork but 50 years ago as a kid I would sit in a nearby field with my .22 and pick off a couple...after dressing them my grandma had a way of cooking it like slow cooked roast...we would tear it apart after...it tasted just like pulled pork that is available today...

I eat squirrel and wild pork a lot.

And pork clogs arteries but beef doesn’t? Clinical evidence of this? Assuming fat intake is equal?

Pork Tenderloin is leaner than damn near any cut of beef, except a lean London broil

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member