over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Porky's II: Revenge of Randy Unfolds...

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey Fellas (and yes, Ladies of course),

An update - this time 3 weeks out. The "real" dieting will start now. I've done a pretty good job, I think, of holding on to muscle mass while leaning out. The toughest part has been to avoid the temptation to diet as hard as I can and not do the carb-ups that I need to to keep from losing muscle. I really like to get shredded, almost too much.

I'm about 204, 205 in these pics, and plan on making the lightheavies.

Things I need to take care of:

-Get some color on my ass and legs!!! My legs are pretty bleached out here, some of which is the lighting, but mostly b/c I've got no tan. (I stuck w/ the same place and time of day for these pics, just for the sake of comparison.) I'll be a reg. at the tanning salon for the next 3 weeks.

-Bring in the glutes, lower lat tie-ins as well as lower abs.

Off-season, I plan on trying to bring everything up, especially chest, shoulders and calves. I need more back thickness, too.

We also got some video footage (so I could look at my transitions, etc.), and the clarity is MUCH better. (I really gotta get a real digital camera - this one is for shit.)

PLEASE, feel free to rip away on these, as you can see my weakness better now that I am leaner. Fathead, I'm counting on you, man... ;^)

-Randy

Attachments

• porkyside.jpg
    porkyside.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,533
Mas

Attachments

• porkyrdbi.jpg
    porkyrdbi.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,526
uno mas

Attachments

• porkymm.jpg
    porkymm.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,534
Last one...

Attachments

• porkyfdbi.jpg
    porkyfdbi.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,509
bro in Louisiana no one brings that kind of conditioning to shows...looking great....can't wait to see some contest pics in 3 weeks.....are you planning to do the "shitload carbup"....just asking cause i saw you post on the topic a few times

success

Last edited:
Success

Thanks for the compliments, man. As I said, when I saw the video, *I* was impressed. (My camera REALLY sucks... LOL.)

Yep, am planning a shitload, with a few of my own twists, of course. ;) Will post when I do them in the next week or so...

-Randy

paper thin.

damn bro, your skin looks thin as hell, nice job and good luck!!!

hey dude, your looking right on track. do you do deadlifts, and squats?

LIfts

bebop said:
hey dude, your looking right on track. do you do deadlifts, and squats?

BB,

Done a lot of both, but have found that I can target my legs better w/ exercises other than squats. My structure dicatates that I engage my glutes a lot with squats. They were actually getting too big, to the point of overpowering my thights.

Deads are great too, but, sometimes, too general - tending to make me overtrain b/c they hit everything, including muscles I just trained, so now:

-I do a lot of front squats - targets the thighs better
-I do a lot of stiff-legged deads - mainly as a hamstring exercise, but often for lats (and low back). I am basically just as strong on these as on reg. deads.
-Also like to do partial deads - for back

-Randy

damn bro, you are looking ripped to hell at 3 weeks out!:eek: nice and veiny too i might add! what is the cut-off for the light heavies? is it 198 lbs? how tall are you again, i forgot. you have one hell of a physique bro! and from LATS saying that you are not the most genetically gifted person in the world(and seeing you workout a few times) you do everything you possibly can do with what you have! it is truly amazing your dedication and hard work-hell, you scream so loud sometimes i thought i was going to go deaf!:D j/k. good luck bro! i am sure i will be suffering here pretty soon too. i am starting to feel the "jizzers" already. i am dropping my carbs this week. keep us posted!

TH

Two words for ya....HOLY SHIT!!!

Now thats what I call conditioning....great job...

I need to pick your brain on dieting...

chris

Damn! Now I'm feeling really bad about myself - you look great! Doesn't look like you have that much to do in the next 3 weeks

AWESOME! 3 weeks out? I've been to shows and the winners did'nt look as good as you do with 3 weeks left!! I'd say you win when ya want to!!
I don't have a clue what it takes to achieve what you have, but keep it up!!

Thanks, Fellas...

TH,

Thanks, my man. Screw the genetics, I say. Where there's a will, there's a way!!!

Chris,

PM me, man, or do search. I've talked r.e. diet a lot here. I do no cardio and simply do a cyclical ketogenic diet. My problem is putting on size during the offseason. I need to find a way to get in over 6000kcal / day... COnsidering and IV drip... LOL

Al,
We all gotta start somewhere, man. I ought to scan a pic from my high school days... 8^)

House,

As Mr. T said in Rocky III when asked for predictions of the fight, there's just one word: "Paaaaaaaiiiinnnnnn..... " LOL (Sorry, a bit loopy from the ketosis, I think... )

-Randy

Well you are the man bro! I plan to do my first show in Oct and am doing searches to try to get an understanding of what cutting is about before I get close! I'll probably be gettin with ya--if ya don't mind.

looking good. cant wait to see you there!

NICE JOB. YOU MOTIVATE ME.

SMART TO NOT JUST BE HOPING YOU'LL BE CUT ENOUGH. TOO MANY GUYS ARE PRAYING FOR SOME SORT OF LAST MINUTE MIRACLE. YOU DEFINITELY WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT. YOU ARE HARDCORE, BROTHER.

I LOOKED AT THE PICS AGAIN.

YOU ARE ROCK HARD AND THE ONLY AREAS I CAN SEE THAT COULD BE A TOUCH HARDER ARE THE AREAS YOU MENTIONED ALREADY......LOWER BACK, LAT TY-INS....<SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALREADY DO THE STIFF DEADS> SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? HYPER EXTENSIONS? YOU NO DOUBT NEED NO ADVICE FROM MY STUPID ASS..........BUT HAVE YOU TRIED FACING THE STACK, LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO DO TRICEP PUSHDOWNS....BUT INSTEAD DID A PULLOVER TYPE MOVEMENT WHERE YOU BRING THE BAR DOWN TO YOUR WAIST, ARMS SLIGHTLY BENT AND FLEXED YOUR LATS AND LOWER BACK HARD AT THE BOTTOM? THAT EXERCISE REALLY SEEMED TO WORK FOR ME. I DON'T KNOW IF I EXPLAINED IT WELL.....YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE PRACTICING YOUR POSING AND TRY TO SHOW YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE? I CAN RECREATE THAT FEELING BY PLACING MY PALMS FLAT ON MY UPPER QUADS AND PUSHING, WHILE FLEXING MY LOWER BACK/LATS. I ALSO WAS DOING A BIG GLUTE SQUEEZE AT THE COMPLETION OF MY STIFF DEADS...SORT OF A TWO SECOND CLENCH. HAHAHA...........I COULD ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO ALL DAY LONG AND LEARN A LOT, RANDY. YOU ARE AS RIPPED AS THEY GET, SO I AM JUST TRYING TO THROW IN OR CONTRIBUTE IN SOME WAY. <YOU PROBABLY ALREADY DO ALL THOSE AND COULD GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON ALL MY FRIGGIN EXERCISES! :D

Re: I LOOKED AT THE PICS AGAIN.

Jethro, you're readin' my mind, man!!!

Yep, I do a lot of stiff-legged DL's. I love those suckers. And I have to clench my but cheeks together or I'd end up pulling a LATS. ;) I also do the cable pullovers you described. AND, I have some back poses in my routine to get the "holiday season" rolling. LOL. I also do make sure that I show off the glute striations. All the same stuff.

My goal is to have the look of 2 giant clamshell on my back under my skin. Kinda interesting though - those poses just don't work unless the striations are there. Works well in a posedown if someone's trying to match you pose for pose. Stops 'em dead in their tracks... LOL

An exercise I like a lot is a barbell row on an incline bench. Basically like a T-bar row, but with a slightly lower angle than on most (and using a barbell - DB's work, too). DRAMATICALLY cuts down on the weight yo can handle compared to BO rows. (It really shows you how much you cheat with your legs and low back even though you don't perceive it.) I do a slight pause at the top of the movement. Hits the low lats quite well.

I'm not a believer in spot reduction, though - or increasing "separation" with certain exercises. The key, IMHO, is to have the muscle, choose exercises that enlarge it (e.g. the medialis or lateralis of the quad can be preferentially targeted with the right exercises) and be lean enough where it counts.

Dude, I will listen to ANYONE's advice, especially yours. There is always something you can learn. This is NOT the case with you, but sometimes I find that the even "stupid" questions or asinine statements will get the little gerbil upstairs running in his wheel and inspire novel thoughts.

Yep, I am a big believer in being ready a couple weeks out. I now have time to play around with my carb-up protocol, etc. I can just kind of cruise in and then, rather than being at the end of my rope when its showtime, I'm aggressive and fresh. Assuming I make it to a posedown, there's gonna be a big old can of whoop-ass getting cracked open... LOL.

Thanks for the compliments, Bro. PM me r.e. how you training is goin' when you get a chance (or post here!).

-Randy

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420