over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Posing Vid, 9 days out

I was able to view it on the MD site, Shelby.

Looks like you've been working hard on your presentation. :cool:

whats different this prep than others to make you look best ever if you can say?
(looking great bro!) -STEELE

I added something like 10-12 pounds of muscle this past offseason.

Also, I dieted a little more intelligently this time and didn't lose any muscle while dieting (I might have even gained a bit).

Thanks for the additional comments / support guys :cool:

Looking great...

I think you will fare very well. Ive seen the Michigan many times. A freind of mine used to compete about 10 yrs ago in the central states down at that crazy shitty theatre redford I believe it was then. Right in the middle of the hood. Anyways I hope you do great as youve done everything in your power. So enjoy the show.:)

Man Shelby..i have really enjoy seeing the week by week transformation! Thank you and continue doing what you are doing and you will do FANTASTIC.. NO DOUBT!

RJ

I think you will fare very well. Ive seen the Michigan many times. A freind of mine used to compete about 10 yrs ago in the central states down at that crazy shitty theatre redford I believe it was then. Right in the middle of the hood. Anyways I hope you do great as youve done everything in your power. So enjoy the show.:)

It's still held there. I love that place. I've been going to shows there for years, and that's where I first competed too.

Thanks guys.

Looking good Shelby! :)
When are you going to stop doing cardio and weights?

Just incredible Shelby. Your going to be diced with plenty of volume .... and then some! Major gains from last season. Congrats on hard earned off season gains and an excellent contest prep. Take it on home!

i have to say this is the best i have seen you. looks like you are holding your size really well and the cuts are sick. cant wait to see you you carbed up full and dry, should be quite impressive.

Looking good! Good luck..........:D

I can tell your a tad flat, but that means nothing at this point, cause I know you know exactly what your doing nutrition wise no doubt...LOL

legs are taking off a leaving the rest of you bro, you legs have really exploded with growth, don't let them get to far ahead of the upper body!

what excersises do you do for lat width, and you seem to not be popping your lats out fully when doing the lat spread

other than me really having to find things to nitpick :p you look great bro, keep filling your frame out and your going to be a freaking beast. YOUR one of those cats that pop in my mind that I would really like to see dante take under his wing and see what he could do with you (just a crazy thought ;) )

Looking good Shelby! :)
When are you going to stop doing cardio and weights?

Thanks lynx :)
Last training session will be Monday or Tuesday, and last cardio will be Tuesday morning. Training and cardio are both pretty low intensity right now though.

Just incredible Shelby. Your going to be diced with plenty of volume .... and then some! Major gains from last season. Congrats on hard earned off season gains and an excellent contest prep. Take it on home!

Thanks hott. I hope you and your family are doing well.

i have to say this is the best i have seen you. looks like you are holding your size really well and the cuts are sick. cant wait to see you you carbed up full and dry, should be quite impressive.

Thanks mrsoul :)

Looking good! Good luck..........:D

Thank you :)

I can tell your a tad flat, but that means nothing at this point, cause I know you know exactly what your doing nutrition wise no doubt...LOL

legs are taking off a leaving the rest of you bro, you legs have really exploded with growth, don't let them get to far ahead of the upper body!

what excersises do you do for lat width, and you seem to not be popping your lats out fully when doing the lat spread

other than me really having to find things to nitpick :p you look great bro, keep filling your frame out and your going to be a freaking beast. YOUR one of those cats that pop in my mind that I would really like to see dante take under his wing and see what he could do with you (just a crazy thought ;) )

For lat width I use a variety of exercises like hammer strength pulldowns (various ones), pullups, wide grip pulldowns, close grip pulldowns, reverse grip pulldowns, the DC seated rope rows, etc. I definitely need more width though... and I need to learn to pose the lats a bit better in the rear lat spread.

And regarding Dante, I sent you a PM ;):)

YOUR one of those cats that pop in my mind that I would really like to see dante take under his wing and see what he could do with you (just a crazy thought ;) )

I did many years ago and I told Justin previously and said it openly on boards before.....I had the toughest time figuring Shelby's body out.....everyone has that guy that he thinks "man I should of/could of done better with him"....Shelby is that guy for me....Shelby had some endomorphic qualities that i wasnt quite used to and that I didnt realize till late in the game. Most people come to me somewhat ectomorphic to gain muscle mass and my usual "tried and true" things werent working with him as I expected. I talked about this with Justin extensively out here, he was telling me about a guy he trained previously to me that he had the biggest trouble figuring out and I in response told him the problems I had figuring out Shelby years back..... which Justin pinpointed to the tee after he explained what he did with Shelby.

I did many years ago and I told Justin previously and said it openly on boards before.....I had the toughest time figuring Shelby's body out.....everyone has that guy that he thinks "man I should of/could of done better with him"....Shelby is that guy for me....Shelby had some endomorphic qualities that i wasnt quite used to and that I didnt realize till late in the game. Most people come to me somewhat ectomorphic to gain muscle mass and my usual "tried and true" things werent working with him as I expected. I talked about this with Justin extensively out here, he was telling me about a guy he trained previously to me that he had the biggest trouble figuring out and I in response told him the problems I had figuring out Shelby years back..... which Justin pinpointed to the tee after he explained what he did with Shelby.

These were your exact words after my first show back in 2005. I'm not sure if they made me feel better about myself, or worse :D

"1st overall novice, second open middleweight (nationally qualified), and in my opinion-first place in personal achievment and accomplishment. I trained Shelby in the offseason 3 years back and I had the toughest time figuring out his body--he is an endo/ecto (gains fat very easily and muscle mass is hard to come by), both Trop and he did an incredible job here"

It's very true though, I don't have genetics for bodybuilding at all. Anything I have is from knowledge and hard work.

^^^ I've never seen a pic of you when you were fat. I would have never guessed you had endo traits. I would have guessed straight ecto for sure.

^^^ I've never seen a pic of you when you were fat. I would have never guessed you had endo traits. I would have guessed straight ecto for sure.

This is what I looked like at 16 weeks out this year, and this is a relatively lean offseason look for me.

Attachments

• 1-21-09 223 006.JPG
    1-21-09 223 006.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 65
^^^^ Thats what I mean. I dont see anything endomorphic about you. Your probably like %10 at most in that pic.

^^^^ Thats what I mean. I dont see anything endomorphic about you. Your probably like %10 at most in that pic.

And that's after an offseason of eating very clean, every meal. Obviously hypercaloric, but very clean. And I have a lot more muscle than I did when I started training 11 years ago, which helps with metabolism too.

I've never been "fat" fat because I won't let myself get there, but I definitely have the propensity to. I have an older brother who's never touched a weight in his life and he's about 330 pounds and it's not solid at all.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws