advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible to make big gains in your mid 30s?

Everyone knows that the best gains are made when you're young. I didn't start training well until my mid 20's and didn't start using AAS until my late 20's.

Im 34 now and have made decent gains - like 200 lbs lean at 5'9, but I'd like to get up to like 230. Is this even possible for somebody with average genetics at my age? I mean, assuming I use everything under the sun including GH and insulin, is this a realistic goal?

Train smart. Plenty of rest. Stimulate don't annihilate

I dunno... I'm 47...may not be "BIG" gains but...... this is over the last 10 months.....

really got my shit together at 42.....once I started paying attention to what REALLY mattered....... 1st competition July 2014 stage weight was 178... in 2 weeks should step on at about 196-198.... again, maybe not HUGE gains but 3 years 20 solid pounds.... and more to come..... I'll take it

Attachments

• IMG-20170401-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20170401-WA0023.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 307
In your Opinion What is it that Really matters ?

There's a large IFBB pro named Paulo Almeida that didn't begin training until 35. He was sponsored by Rich Piana's line.

I dunno... I'm 47...may not be "BIG" gains but...... this is over the last 10 months.....

really got my shit together at 42.....once I started paying attention to what REALLY mattered....... 1st competition July 2014 stage weight was 178... in 2 weeks should step on at about 196-198.... again, maybe not HUGE gains but 3 years 20 solid pounds.... and more to come..... I'll take it
Check them lights out cobra wings. Thats your trademark signature shot right there.

You are fucking 47 lol !!! no way u look so much younger. i thought you were my age bracket. around 35 give or take. I will be 36 this year. I am massively shocked to say the least. I dont believe it. Please scan & email me your birth certificate for verification purposes.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Check them lights out cobra wings. Thats your trademark signature shot right there.

You are fucking 47 lol !!! no way u look so much younger. i thought you were my age bracket. around 35 give or take. I will be 36 this year. I am massively shocked to say the least. I dont believe it. Please scan & email me your birth certificate for verification purposes.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Thanks Dev!.... HGH baby!... LOL... appreciate it my friend.....Hoping to do well in the 40+ & 45+ at Masters Nationals in July..... lessee what happens my friend..

Holy shiiiit mytree...you look great! Talk about V taper :eek:

I'm turning 34 this year and I'm still making gains and I currently look the best I've ever looked in my life

Ditto, im 31 and getting better with age as well.

I notice my diet and eating habits get alot more diciplined as i age as well.

Train smart. Plenty of rest. Stimulate don't annihilate

This brings up a good point and something ive changed through the years. I used to go way overboard with the non stop super sets, drop sets etc. Obliterating my immune system. So much better now...

Thanks Dev!.... HGH baby!... LOL... appreciate it my friend.....Hoping to do well in the 40+ & 45+ at Masters Nationals in July..... lessee what happens my friend..

I thought you were about 40 myself. You look fantastic. Good luck with the rest of your prep.

Gains in your 30's? Is that a serious question... you have already failed if you are already doubting it.

Bro those are awesome gains...what do You attribute most of those gains being older to?

So main take away?

There's a lot of old dudes on PM

Just hit the 4 0 and keeping doses way lower and not trying to get heyooge anymore, just keep the mass and stay lean.

Also higher reps with less weight to save on wear and tear lol

Bro those are awesome gains...what do You attribute most of those gains being older to?

Thank you Big J!!!....Without question..... SOUND nutrition.

So main take away?

There's a lot of old dudes on PM

This "old dude" competes in Opens as well.....ANNND whoops that young ass too... :headbang:

I'm 43 and currently making some of the best gains I've ever made in my life and I started training at 17. I took 7 years off when I was in my late 20's came back in my mid 30's right around when I joined the board. Got in the best shape of my life. Since then I've been inconsistent, taking off at least 6 months every year, drinking nonstop. This year I put down the bottle le, I have my diet perfect and I'm sure that I'll be the biggest and hardest I've ever been. A good 20 more lbs of stage weight.

My older brother is in his 50s and was at his best last time I saw him. He's about 5'6, was always around 165, looked thick and strong as hell at that weight, he's been training since age 14. He got to 190lbs in his early 40s for the first time ever. I know that he takes a lot of human grade GH humatrope. (He lives in Mexico and owns a gym there). I don't think the body starts losing mass until your mid 50s. I should start a thread about that, I have pics from age 17, 19, 35, 37, 39 and present. I'm very confident that I'll look my best and biggest this year.

I'm well over 40 and making great gains in size and definition. I don't go out of my way lifting super heavy weights because my connective tissue is so destroyed but I lightened up focused on diet and on minimal gear I look better than I ever have. Iv been training for over 25 yrs and my best look has came within the last few years. Getting off the high crazy doses I used to ran seems to recomp way better and when I'm off I don't lose much muscle. I'm 5"9 and sit between 238-245 most of the time. Last time I was off for 4 months I only lost 6-7 lbs. so bro it's totally possible to keep growing untill your pretty old in your 60's. I see it all the time

I'm hoping to make my best gains in my 30s lol..

Isn't that considered the prime for bodybuilding?

20Lbs in 3 years is friggin amazing. And it's QUALITY pounds too, not fat.

I'd be happy as a pig in dookie to put on half that in that amount of time. I'm 34 and have time and currently look like the dookie the pig is in lmao
But I'm having fun pursuing my goals

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner