YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible to make big gains in your mid 30s?

ChickenLegs99

Registered
Everyone knows that the best gains are made when you're young. I didn't start training well until my mid 20's and didn't start using AAS until my late 20's.

Im 34 now and have made decent gains - like 200 lbs lean at 5'9, but I'd like to get up to like 230. Is this even possible for somebody with average genetics at my age? I mean, assuming I use everything under the sun including GH and insulin, is this a realistic goal?

it's not unreasonable if you put the work in

although 230 at 5'9 and lean is pretty darn big

You can make alot of gains for several years to come. While I gained most of my weight in my 20s when I was still competing. I had much more muscle maturity in my 30s. If you work hard with compound movements you have plenty of solid years of growth.

Everyone knows that the best gains are made when you're young. I didn't start training well until my mid 20's and didn't start using AAS until my late 20's.

Im 34 now and have made decent gains - like 200 lbs lean at 5'9, but I'd like to get up to like 230. Is this even possible for somebody with average genetics at my age? I mean, assuming I use everything under the sun including GH and insulin, is this a realistic goal?

you do not need GH and Insulin to get huge, my workout partner (36) hit over 240lbs lean @ 5 '10' with Test and food, granted he has been training since he was 12 years old

There is absolutely no reason why you can't using peds in moderation and consistency in your workouts and diet. Don't worry too much. Just workout.

34 years old.....

you haven't even hit your prime bodybuilding years yet...

it sounds to me you are burned out,
and looking for a way to quit...

spinning wheels can do that....not much gains in awhile...???

maybe its time to try something new...

:cool:

Bodybuilding is a sport where most champions are actually in their 30's i believe. Obviously you have some exceptions to this but generally in my experience muscle maturity is at peak levels in ones 30's.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Professional Muscle mobile app

34 years old.....

you haven't even hit your prime bodybuilding years yet...

it sounds to me you are burned out,
and looking for a way to quit...

spinning wheels can do that....not much gains in awhile...???

maybe its time to try something new...

:cool:
Tenny is right,I'm not a bodybuilder but a Powerlifter and I'm 37 and my lifts are a lot higher with the muscle maturity from being older and quality gains...All competitors at top level hit there prime in mid 30s and up...

Omni Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

I'm turning 34 this year and I'm still making gains and I currently look the best I've ever looked in my life

My best gains were in my 30's.

Unfortunately the ages to make gains is between 19-22. If you don't look like Jay Cutler by 22, then you're doomed.

I lifted in my teens then spent my 20's in search of endurance activities. Got into the gym when I was 30. And put on over 40 lb's of muscle at a height of 5'6", most of it before I ever touched AS. So with good diet and training much can be accomplished.

I'm 37 and getting harder/grainier...close to Your stats 5'9, 206....last time I went up over 230 I was 33/34...with My genes I don't hold it the second the foot is off the gas...it's possible even for the non-genetically gifted

I'm 36 and look wayyy better than i was at 26. Much stronger too.

I don't want to start a new thread for this as its along the same lines, but what about when you guys are in your 40s, I know we got some old timers in here. I just hit 40 and am I lost cause now lol Im not a mass monster or close to it so I tend to believe I got some growth left in me but what's the real deal.

I put on 48 lbs @ 41yrs old on 500 test and too much createne. Not very solid but a lot of muscle.
Took another yr to solidify!
But you sound like a Doubter, so I Doubt it!!!

I put on 48 lbs @ 41yrs old on 500 test and too much createne. Not very solid but a lot of muscle.
Took another yr to solidify!
But you sound like a Doubter, so I Doubt it!!!

I'm not a doubter, I made my best gains over the last few years dropping doses way down and getting serious about my progress but it's human nature.The body will have a point where it slows, so I was more just curious if anybody has noticed a big change in how they progress or how they need to train as they aged. 48 pounds is absolutely huge at any point! well done!

I had some muscle memory involved. At 25 I was 235 @ 5% then dropped the weights and overworked for the next 15yrs dropping to 202pds.
Since That initial jump to 250 I have only put on 10 pds in the last 5yrs.
But 260lbs lean seems to be the cut-off unless your a real genetic Freak or Exteme abuser.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws