YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible to Remove All Muscle Knots? (not shrink but actually remove fully)

omoplata

Registered
I am sure every single one here has lots of "muscle knots" especially in traps. I do not know what the accurate technical term is but I am referring to the lumps that you can feel by hand as you run your fingers over the muscle tissue (these may or may not come together with trigger points, which is a more subtle type of spasmed in the muscle tissue). I know you can make them smaller by massaging them, but has anyone succeeded in actually removing such knots alltogether.

Now you might say "get a massage gun, oh it feels so good" and I know that a massage gun will feel good. Any kind of massage will feel good and applying direct pressure on the knot will make it smaller; but they do not fully dissolve. Such knots only become smaller and then re-emerge (grow back) when you work that muscle or sleep in a bad position etc.

A good friend is a physical therapist and he says he never saw any adult who did not have any such knots on his back. He also adds that he cannot get rid of them fully.

Any solutions?

Dry needling - hate to say it but get a new PT. Also look into a mobile RPW2 machine by Chattanooga
The guy I spoke to is a very expensive PT and I worked with him only once; so absolutely don't feel bad -he isn't my PT.

I am asking just to clarify, as opposed to disagreeing: anyone started with multiple muscle knots and then through dry needling got to the point where they could not even feel the knots any more... as in the knots totally disappeared?

Dry needling has gotten rid of knots for me. They reappear in a couple bad spots like my neck and rhomboids but in other areas they haven't come back. Keep in mind, I do roll out daily and use my massage gun pre workout to help with this.

Lately I purchased a pso-rite and pso-neck and they've worked wonders. I use the pso-rite on my back and its helped quite a bit with knots more so than a massage gun or foam roller. The pain is quite hard to get used to at first but after a few times I have been able to let the muscle fully relax and get rid of knots. Sometimes I need to stay in the same position for ~10 mins for the muscle to fully relax and the knot to disappear/get smaller.

Dry needling has gotten rid of knots for me. They reappear in a couple bad spots like my neck and rhomboids but in other areas they haven't come back. Keep in mind, I do roll out daily and use my massage gun pre workout to help with this.

Lately I purchased a pso-rite and pso-neck and they've worked wonders. I use the pso-rite on my back and its helped quite a bit with knots more so than a massage gun or foam roller. The pain is quite hard to get used to at first but after a few times I have been able to let the muscle fully relax and get rid of knots. Sometimes I need to stay in the same position for ~10 mins for the muscle to fully relax and the knot to disappear/get smaller.
Thanks a lot for the response. How many sessions of dry needling did it take to achieve this?

Regular sessions of Deep Tissue Massage and Dry needling are great. You will never fully be rid of them for good as you workout, etc... We create these muscle adhesions by the activities we do on a daily basis. Some of these are also caused by hydration, diet and the supplements we take. Deep Tissue massage and things like dry needling, ultra sound, or any other types of bodywork play a key role into how many of these adhesions we have.

Thanks a lot for the response. How many sessions of dry needling did it take to achieve this?

One hour long session is usually enough. I try to go home and either train the same body part (focusing on lengthening and contracting) or roll/stretch it out. I can't really answer how many sessions it took to achieve this as I have been getting dry needling done just as maintenance work once a month for almost 4-5 years now. But, if I have an issue where I can't move my neck or I have a severe knot in my back, one session is enough to get rid of/reduce the knot enough.

I have a regular schedule for myself where I roll out the muscle the day prior to training it so for example today and push today and yesterday I spent a fair bit of time with a lacrosse ball working on my chest. I also had Dr hos pads on my triceps and delts.

I've been dealing with one injury after another the past 2 years and lately by doing these things my body has been feeling a lot better. During contest prep this was quite annoying 45 mins cardio + 30-40 mins stretching and rolling really adds up quick but without the cardio now, I find it fairly easy to get done.

Dry needling - hate to say it but get a new PT. Also look into a mobile RPW2 machine by Chattanooga
I have tried and used shockwave therapy also, i have alot of chronic issues with pain, joints etc so i have tried pretty much every kind of therapy you can think of. i use shockwave to help with the calcification in my shoulders and it works wonders.

The guy I spoke to is a very expensive PT and I worked with him only once; so absolutely don't feel bad -he isn't my PT.

I am asking just to clarify, as opposed to disagreeing: anyone started with multiple muscle knots and then through dry needling got to the point where they could not even feel the knots any more... as in the knots totally disappeared?
Yessir. 17 deployments at a fairly high level and currently prepping for an ultramarathon. I get dry needled/scraped/massaged literally daily. After a long run I am riddled with trigger points mate.

I have tried and used shockwave therapy also, i have alot of chronic issues with pain, joints etc so i have tried pretty much every kind of therapy you can think of. i use shockwave to help with the calcification in my shoulders and it works wonders.
Have you tried the RPW 2? It’s the only machine I have had the blessing to work with. They have another one but it’s 40k for the piece of kit alone.

I hurt my shoulder September 2019 while on vacation lifting at a gym with my usual but too abbreviated warm-up. The pain was just a 6 or 7 and only when I lifted, but it stayed with me for over a year. Dry needling ONCE dropped the pain to 3-4. I went for a second session and got almost no additional relief. About 6 months later, the pain went to essentially zero.

All in all, I'd highly recommend dry needling for at least one session if you're just about out at of options.

I hurt my shoulder September 2019 while on vacation lifting at a gym with my usual but too abbreviated warm-up. The pain was just a 6 or 7 and only when I lifted, but it stayed with me for over a year. Dry needling ONCE dropped the pain to 3-4. I went for a second session and got almost no additional relief. About 6 months later, the pain went to essentially zero.

All in all, I'd highly recommend dry needling for at least one session if you're just about out at of options.
so encouraging to hear
definitely can afford one or two sessions for starters

Dry needling is pretty legit, it's a science-based form of acupuncture, highly effective.

The "lumps" the OP is referring to honestly shouldn't be there, sure you can have a trigger point but it shouldn't be an actual lump.

I would definitely recommend seeing a physical therapist doctor.

Have you tried the RPW 2? It’s the only machine I have had the blessing to work with. They have another one but it’s 40k for the piece of kit alone.
I cant remember what the machine is named where i go for therapy, but i can ask in a couple of days as ill be going :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear