IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
What do you do?
I'm at that point right now and I feel like I NEED to take some time off. It's just hard to not go to the gym. :(

I think I've just given my body a beating over the last year. I did two powerlifting competitions, one in December and one in May. And I was also dieting for the LA show during the May pl meet. Then two figure comps back to back. I've had some aches and pains throughout but now it's like my body is saying, "WHOA, back off!" :eek:

So am I just being a weeny or do others go through this too?

What do you do?
I'm at that point right now and I feel like I NEED to take some time off. It's just hard to not go to the gym. :(

I think I've just given my body a beating over the last year. I did two powerlifting competitions, one in December and one in May. And I was also dieting for the LA show during the May pl meet. Then two figure comps back to back. I've had some aches and pains throughout but now it's like my body is saying, "WHOA, back off!" :eek:

I always tell people.. Take time off when your body tells you to take time off..

You have had a long season and i know how it is.. You feel great after competing.. but right around a month or so after the show.. .. your body starts gaining some bodyfat, joints ache and workouts start to lag..Personally i know at this point.. its time to take a break.... so i would just take the time off, maybe 1-2 weeks.. you will be back better than ever..

Last edited:
I don't plan to take time off, i just take it as i feel. However this past year ive had a game plan working with Phil and havnt desired any time off...Going to the gyms part of my life and accepted by my wife...its the dieting/competing she don't understand. Mind you she doesnt understand why people chase footballs and such like, lol...

However after my shows ive done i tend to go away for a weekend for some me and her time and do the things she call's normal, like eat a sandwich,hahaha. So in October the weekend after the british championships....providing i make it ( mental thought...I WILL!!! ) where off to Edinburgh for the 1st time for a couple of days.
Got a good deal in a nice hotel with buffet breakfasts....now them i can't resist when i'm away....my favourite....

:p:D

maybe not time off, but ease up a bit....no need to go balls or boobs to the wall all the time. Just cruise for a bit.

I always tell people.. Take time off when your body tells you to take time off..

You have had a long season and i know how it is.. You feel great after competing.. but right around a month or so after the show.. .. your body starts gaining some bodyfat, joints ache and workouts start to lag..Personally i know at this point.. its time to take a break.... so i would just take the time off, maybe 1-2 weeks.. you will be back better than ever..

This is EXACTLY what is happening!! My left knee hurts, my right hamstring keeps pulling, and my right forearm is in pain all the time...I guess it is time to just heal up a little. My biggest problem is mentally taking the time off. 3 weeks ago I unintentionally took 2 days off in a row and I freaked out thinking I had taken almost a whole week off...until I actually counted it. :eek: I know: retard.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. I dunno though it will be hard to get my boobs off the wall. :D

This is EXACTLY what is happening!! My left knee hurts, my right hamstring keeps pulling, and my right forearm is in pain all the time...I guess it is time to just heal up a little. My biggest problem is mentally taking the time off. 3 weeks ago I unintentionally took 2 days off in a row and I freaked out thinking I had taken almost a whole week off...until I actually counted it. :eek: I know: retard.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. I dunno though it will be hard to get my boobs off the wall. :D

Take some time off and go enjoy yourself. Its not gonna kill you.:)

Rest,Relax,Deep Tissue Massage twice a week foam roll IT bands for knees worked for me and I feel great

A nice vacation in the bahamas sipping umbrella drinks with your significant other and eating good fresh seafood will do you good. Not all that unhealthy either. :D

I was motivated after my shows as well and didn't want to stop, but I made myself take a week off after 20 weeks of dieting and training because I know my body needs it.

Lynx

after your hard work and year, and huge accomplishments, you deserve time off.....besides,you should heal and maybe a good chiropractor for adjustments and massage, if they have a good person same office..

I love the one I'm seeing, I go from massage to Dr, or the other way around, depending on whats hurting that day....

I wanted to say how proud I was of you!

What do you do?

You're an amazing woman and an awesome inspiration! You've done some amazing things and yup, it's time for you to back of a little.

We(everyone on this board) likes to go boobs/balls to the wall all the time but sometimes, you have to back off, listen to your body...

Take a couple days off, then maybe some light workouts, but nothing crazy... get a massage and RELAX... cuz i know we'd be similar in the fact that you get a massage then the next day, hit back or legs hard and ur all tense again!

Also, if you pack your schedule with meeting up with friends or taking a mini getaway to camp or hike... all the fun you'll be having will keep your mind off of the gym ;)

You deserve it!

Yeah...it's time to take a break. I went to the gym tonight just to help a friend and did just a small/light lift. She decided to do the powerlifting comp next weekend and is worried about technique, etc. So I helped her with her bench and commands. I also gave her my belt and singlet to use. Hee, hee, hee...she thought she could get away with wearing some tight shorts and a tank. Nope, not so much! :D

Well, I do have enough to keep me busy I guess, classes just started on Monday and I'm trying to get my master's done by December. Since last Wednesday I finished my fourth book (easy reads), now I guess I'll switch to texts and journal articles...yuck! (Not so easy.) :chee;y-sm I'm going to sniff around for a good massage therapist though, that sounds like a must at this point.

Ah yes, prying those boobs off the wall... The gym is my sanctuary so I still go, but I do light cardio and playful workouts...or at least TRY to keep the intensity low. I make sure to pick up the non-bbing hobbies that fall to the wayside as prep deepens and energy/time gets channeled more exclusively into bbing goals. (music, fishing, shoot pool, tai chi, visit friends more, etc.)

Basically, I try to listen to my body more in terms of hunger and fatigue.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws