over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post Contest Rebounds

JonnyO

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I see it and read about it all the time, guys gain 20, 30, 40lbs post contest. Am I the only one that drops weight?

After my last 2-3 show I may go up 5-10lbs for a week or so then I am down 6lbs and hold that unless I work to gain.

I dont go a whole lot over contest weight in the offseason, and thats not because I dont try to. I guess I would slam more calories down and get fat but Im not about that. But some guys are able to gain clean weight quite easily, Im not one of those guys either i fight for every pound gained and I can lose it twice as fast. :banghead:

I noticed after my show I put some some good lean mass like a good 15lbs, maybe your not eating enough? Haha

after a long hard catabolic cut your body is primed to grow.

insulin sensitivity is the main factor here.

you would think coming out of a contest prep where drug use etc peaks come contest time it would be hard to make gains afterwards, because all catabolic hormones are high, cortisol through the roof, myostatin probably too, shbg etc

but insulin sensitivity at extremely low bodyfat levels is so damn high that most people seem to gain very well even while lowering dosages the first few weeks post contest

of course glycogen and returning water weight makes up up to 10lbs or so, but yeah, its DEFINITELY easier to grow quickly while staying very lean if you start at a very low BF...

imo the best thing you can do before EVERY BLAST is to lower BF levels as much as possible

it would be interesting to see what adding insulin brings to the table here.
id imagine you could really "blow up from within" much better with insulin when your sensitivity is sky high, especially if you havent used GH during the cut/prep (because it causes insulin resistance in most people running moderate-high dosages).

Last edited:
I dont think Insulin is needed post contest because of the heightened insulin sensitivity at that point. Your going to suck up everything as it is without it. I think taking it then is risking the chances of gaining too much and overdoing it, we've all seen those guys that blow up after a show and look great for 3-4 weeks then it turns pretty mushy, thats what I can see happening.

But then again you could try doing that, then go back on a diet to drop the water and some fat and see what you end up with.

I suck up the weight after a cut cycle for 4 weeks then fats will start coming on and have to slowly cut back to stay lean.

I bulked 2 weeks after my last show and highly recommend ramping up. I gained a lot of water due to high insulin levels among a huge calorie increase. Odd that you are losing weight first I heard of this. I ended up gaining 30lbs and had to back off because it was to much. Next time I know to ramp up slowly to control the water gain and fat gain a little better.

it can happen if you gain weight towards the show using suspension and anadrol.

Gained almost 40 pounds over two days after my first contest... But I sodium depleted and cut water. Natty at the time. Never did that again. Gained about 10-15 after the next. No sodium manipulation.

What I did this year was stay within 5lb of contest weight for one month post contests. This allowed me to recover and balance my body out. Then I went into my gaining phase. So far I am up close to 40lb from my contest day. Body fat has gone from 6% to around 10%. But in my case I went from no supplements for my shows and no supplements for the first month post show to using supplements to gain. Coupled with a ton of muscle memory has really added size to my frame again!

it can happen if you gain weight towards the show using suspension and anadrol.

I didnt use Suspension or Anadrol, but I did grow into the last prep, started diet at 238 or so and competed at 230.

I gained 30lbs after my last show in about 3-4 weeks.

I could hardly breath. I was off all gear as well, no PCT no nothing...

So basically I just got fat and puffy.

I gained 30lbs after my last show in about 3-4 weeks.

I could hardly breath. I was off all gear as well, no PCT no nothing...

So basically I just got fat and puffy.

Haha. I can't control my diet for shit when I've done a hard cut. I'm bang on dieting then just obsess about food 24/7. I just hit a good amount of gear and slin and try to use it to my advantage

i cant control my diet for shit on tren and/or peptides lol

this bulk im actually still taking appetite suppresants 5 weeks in :D

but insulin sensitivity at extremely low bodyfat levels is so damn high that most people seem to gain very well even while lowering dosages the first few weeks post contest

of course glycogen and returning water weight makes up up to 10lbs or so, but yeah, its DEFINITELY easier to grow quickly while staying very lean if you start at a very low BF...

imo the best thing you can do before EVERY BLAST is to lower BF levels as much as possible

).

I couldn't agree more. This is why I often use DNP or whatever to get all the fat off before a blast. Gets my insulin sensitivity really high along with a low bodyfat level before a growth phase.

I couldn't agree more. This is why I often use DNP or whatever to get all the fat off before a blast. Gets my insulin sensitivity really high along with a low bodyfat level before a growth phase.

I like to clen it up before a blast then slin and drol it up with a lot of carbs and protein.

I blow up after dieting...good or bad depending on my approach. But my fat ass doesn't even lose weight if I stop training or eating bodybuilding diet, I just slowly get softer and softer in the same range....

i cant control my diet for shit on tren and/or peptides lol

this bulk im actually still taking appetite suppresants 5 weeks in :D

I used to be like this on tren. The trick for me was very high carb and not much fibre and quite high gi. I did 500 carbs last cut, all white rice,banana and rice krisbies. Never got so lean so fast in my life and was so easy to stick to. Fats were just 5g fish oil And 3g epo. No cravings or hunger, was stupidly easy. Body just felt like a furnace all day.Brown rice and low gi carbs dont work for me, still get cravings and end up binging out. I seem to need that insulin response to let my body know it's been fed. I find decent doses of insulin kill appetite and cravings too.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws