over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post show rebound

snrose07

Registered
Hey guys I'm just curious as to the different ways some of you get the absolute most out of your weight rebound following a long contest prep. Do you like to keep all your gear in for a couple weeks after a show? Do you continue to lift just as hard for a week to two or do you throttle it back right away? Bring some slin back in as your sensitivity should be very high?

I know we all want to take time off and let our bodies get back to normal, but I wanted to see what different people do during that window when we are primed for growth.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

after my show in nov i knocked my gear down to 200/mg test per week to give my self a break for about 12 weeks and weaned off t3/clen over a 4-5 week span and addded food back in slowly as my weight would stall for more than 5-6 days. as a result i've stayed a lot leaner this of season than in the past. Never used slin so i can't really comment. hope this helps!

I mean more of that week or two window post contest where u are primmed for rebound. What kinds of things do people do to amplify and ensure they get the most out of that short window. Like this last week I gained 18lbs in a day haha. If I were done competing I personally would keep all year in for 2 more weeks, add slin Pre workout. After I gained all I could from that rebound I would almost come off all gear for about 6 weeks. Maybe trt dose or slightly higher. Then start my normal off season after. These are plans I have unless someone else has any other good protocols to amplify that rebound. Just taking the day to eat after my show last weekend I went up 18lbs. If live to see what I could do in a week of pushing it hard before coming off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Good question and it asked a lot. I have my clients drop gears to a low-moderate does and then eventually come completely off for 4-6 week, then we start the process over again

I think rest, recovery, and pounding food is the way to go.

You just put your body through a grueling experience.
drugs, calorie restrictions, water manipulation.

Guys, I'm not asking how to come off a contest prep and how to recover...

What I am asking is BEFORE starting your full recovery, what does everyone do to get the most out of their post contest gains. We all know our bodies rebound following intense dieting, so what do YOU do to take advantage of that rebound and gain as much size as possible BEFORE starting your recovery protocol...

The window is only a week or two, so I would imagine taking advantage of that before starting recovery

my plan for example is to keep all my gear the same for 2 weeks after the show, increase all my calories, probably decrease my training volume, but still train intense, just really reduce total volume.

In just a training environment this shows to be beneficial, you OVER REACH your training, then when you cut back your volume, you make gain. Layne Norton talks about this in his radio show "muscle college." Since my training AND diet is OVER REACHED, I will cut back training volume, increase calories, probably add some pre workout slin since I should be very sensitive to insulin at this point and my carbs will be much higher now. Pile all this together for 2 weeks following my show, I should make some great gains, THENNNNNNNNN I will bring out my AAS and begin a recovery period....

I'm asking about stuff like this........................................

More volume, more training, taper off every thing, try and keep food under control.

The rapid weight gain after a contest is not muscle and it is not overly desired especially by your heart.

Never done a show but I have gotten pretty damn peeled before and from what I experienced if motivation is high after the diet and you are injury free and not burnt out then I say take a week or two to slowly increase poundage in the gym and then get after it for another 6-8 wks as long as you feel good and you weren't blasting 6 straight months leading into the contest. If you dropped Test I would add back in and get off the harsh tren's, orals, and Dht's. Test and Deca/NPP. Insulin sensitivity should be sky high after the diet so I would probably leave the slin out and add in after during the off season phase.

I understand what you're saying, but "too much, too soon" with food and not tapering off cardio slowly is a hell of a way to get fat fast in my experience. As far as gear goes i can't think that another 2 weeks would make that big of a difference. again, no idea on the slin.

I think right after a show is one of the best times to really make gains so I always bust my ass and go right back in grow mode.I think ya should not workout as many days a week increase your caloric intake. Shed blood sweat and tears in the gym and then after a few months take a little time off if you need to.

Several ways to approach this.

Some people will take time off....as in 2-4 weeks or longer off and post cycle, TRT , blast health support products, just do mild cardio, take high dose fish oil, cissus quadragularis (joint), systemic enzymes etc etc.... to really "heal" up a bit before executing their mass plan of attack.

Food is also reduced and frequency is lessened to de-stress the digestive tract etc...

Some people will "cruise" on low dose T and simply add in more foods, and slightly less training volume and grow as much as they can from that route, then once stuck, will up the dose ante and blast from that point, but health never gets a true break since HEAVY food is still being pounded and BP,Liver, Kidneys, still take a pounding from HIGH FOOD VOLUME.

Some people will be meticulous in their pre-contest phase and prioritize compounds like Tren, Mast, WIN as "staples" while testosterone takes a back seat of low dose (300-350/week) or gets dropped completely, while higher dose anabolics reign supreme.

Then once show is over ...the "blast" CONTINUES, but the switch is flipped, now anabolics/exotics like tren, mast, dht orals are replaced with higher doses of testosterone + nandrolone etc.... in conjunction with food.

This would be the least healthy route of course.

-FF

^^^ Nice Matt.... some good examples and key things to think about with each.

Generally, I have found that if you have really gotten into contest shape, dieted hard, body fat is VERY low, etc. etc. you will be primed for growth immediately after the show. Insulin sensiteivity will naturally be very high and muscles will be starving for glycogen and nutrients.

Over the last 4 years I have added a total of about 36+ lbs of true contest wgt. That is about 10 lbs per year by following something similar to this

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/94619-4-years-36-lbs-later.html

With the help of Shelby, this is what seemed to work best for me. After the show... get rid of the exotic chemicals, get rid of orals, drop to a maintenance or slightly higher dose of test and get back at it. Training volume and intenisty is reduced a bit to ease up on joints but you will also be holding a lot of water which help the joints. For me, I will train 4x per week, or EOD. I keep my precontest diet and slowly increase carbs and fats. Intra WO nutrition is added back in as well. For example....

(P/C/F)
Week 1 - 375/ 300/100
Week 2 - 375/400/125
Week 3 - 375/500/ 150
etc, etc.

For me this will usually last between 6-8 weeks. My main goal is to maintain appetite and NOT overload with food. I have found in the long run over eating will hurt your appetitie more than help it, especially when you need it most deep in the offseason. I will normally add a cheat once a day or EOD during this time. I keep adding food until I feel appetite has slowed and insulin sensitity has dropped.

At this point, food is reduced a bit, I clean out, detox, PCT, etc. take about a good solid week off of gym, if not longer. Then begin my true offseason

I do not use slin during this time as naturtal insulin sensitivty is very high.

Something to consider.

REST!!!!!!

you can create that type of growth enviroment any time you want, not just post show....LOL, there is nothing magic about post contest.

Awesome guys. This is the type of discussion I was hoping for. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131