over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

post workout carbs and insulin question

tkasch

Registered
ive heard spiking insulin with high gi carbs after a workout is very anabolic and others have told me it does nothing but put on fat. your thoughts on this please

def does not put fat on if i train at night ill have 250-300 grams carbs pwo split between 2 meals and a shake

after a workout the muscles are starving for energy. For me the best way to help that is whey protein shake with waxy maize and a choco chip cookie :) A little insulin spike to help pump nutrients into the muscle is the idea for me.

I tried the whole "carbless pwo" thing (no insulin use, just no carbs for the remainder of day then fasted cardio next morning) and all it did was murder my recovery. Horrible, horrible protocol for me.

doing this in a carb backloading style fashion has always worked extremely well for me.
protein + fat meals until workout, preferably workout afternoon/evening, hit lots of high glycemic carbs + protein post workout until bed time. limit fat during that duration.
probably the best way to eat if youre not going for a hardcore bulk (I wouldnt want to cut carbs at any meal then)

rule of thumb... for every IU of insulin you take, make sure you consume 10g carbs (preferably liquid) immediately after your injection to help prevent yourself from going hypo (hypoglycemic). So a 10IU shot you would want 100g of carbs immediately post injection, preferably natural sugar like OJ. Insulin is a very strong hormone, it only takes a "little" to much to over do it and go hypo and go under (unconscious), and if you are alone when you go hypo consider yourself dead. Insulin is very effective in shuttling nutrients to the muscles, and its very effective when properly used, but again it is very risky, sensitive, and possibly deadly.

rule of thumb... for every IU of insulin you take, make sure you consume 10g carbs (preferably liquid) immediately after your injection to help prevent yourself from going hypo (hypoglycemic). So a 10IU shot you would want 100g of carbs immediately post injection, preferably natural sugar like OJ. Insulin is a very strong hormone, it only takes a "little" to much to over do it and go hypo and go under (unconscious), and if you are alone when you go hypo consider yourself dead. Insulin is very effective in shuttling nutrients to the muscles, and its very effective when properly used, but again it is very risky, sensitive, and possibly deadly.

cough (bullshit) cough
-JS

fitnesskatz

if we talking slin id love for someone tell me ive tried it and can never get mine just right ive tried 2 or 3 conversions so im open if someone has had better results than me not bottoming out,,,but im not sure dude was talking about synthetic in original post

what type of carbs you take pwo? high gi?

Bro this isn't that hard. Off season eat whatever carbs u want. I personally will have glyofuse post workout and an hour later have 150 grams carbs from peanut butter Cheerios and a protein shake. Then 2 hours later another 2-3 cups white rice with steak. Hasn't made me fat yet

If u wanna eat high carb just balance out your other macros. I'm a decently lean 250 I eat 250 grams protein, 20-30 grams eaas, 500-800 grams carbs depending on day and 50-75 grams fats daily

def does not put fat on if i train at night ill have 250-300 grams carbs pwo split between 2 meals and a shake

if you have a slow metabolism and have some more carbs during the day, this quantity will make you fat

Last edited:
if you have a slow metabolism and have some more carbs during the day, this quantity will make you fat

I'll agree with you there mike. But I feel like even with a slow metabolism u could backload that many carbs and not get fat, if u limit them throughout the rest of the day

I do my insulin Pre workout now.
30min Pre gym 5iu hgh IM
10iu slin 15min Pre gym
60g Gatorade powder
40-60g whey
Creatine, Glutamine, taurine, vit c, potassium, dbol.

Intra workout
60g Gatorade powder
BCAA

Post workout #1
40-60g whey
60g Gatorade powder
Creatine, taurine,etc...

Post workout #2
8-12 oz meat
60-80g of complex carb source

I'll agree with you there mike. But I feel like even with a slow metabolism u could backload that many carbs and not get fat, if u limit them throughout the rest of the day

Yea I do xtra carbs near workout, but cut them at night.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws