over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout cardio(bad)??

but is that the best way to look cut and ripped?

i have to say

that i feel cardio to be very important. Yes, anaerobic exercise will yield some aerobic benefit, but not nearly to the extent that regular "conventional" cardio work would. I feel much more energetic when I include cardio to my workout protocols.

You have to think that by doing a good amount of cardio, you increase your ability to utilize oxygen (increase v02), which in turn will help you perform better on anaerobic exercises.

Just like most aspects of bodybuilding, I think it has to be cycled. We cycle the gear, we cycle the training methods, we cycle nutrition. If you are trying to bulk and gain as much mass as possible, then cardio should be kept to a minimum. When you are trying to lean out, up the cardio. When you are just maintaining, do it moderately.

yea, theres reducing calories either through diet and exercise, thats about it unless u want to talk pharmacology

when trying to get lean I like to do 45 min moderate cardio 1 st thing in morning 4-5 days, then 15-20 min higher intensity cardio after workouts (except on leg day). When I'm just trying to maintain or grow I'll just do thee am cardio 30-40 mins, 3-4 days/week

I'm with bigheinz....Just say no bros! Fat loss is all in your nutrition. Good nutrition and training right will help you keep your size and lose that fat. Last year I was prepping for a show and dropped from 13% to 4% in exactly 16 weeks and didn't do cardio once! I'll bet you that I didn't burn 1 ounce of my hard earned muscle. I follow a very strict diet and train hard and fast, that's all it takes for me....other people may be different, but I think that anyone...given the dedication can do it without cardio. If you insist on doing it....am b4 breakfast is the best! Take care, eat right and train hard!

patk

Mr. Magoo pointed out Animals idea of "Ride and Recover". I've been trying that since I first read it in "COP" and it seems to work very well as far as recovery and pumps. As far as fat loss, I don't know. It has only been about a week.

do u do it after all workouts or just legs as i wasnt sure from his post as ive never read about it anywhere else b4

health

Cardio is good for cardiovascular health. If you are interested in overall health do some cardio. Lazy people are the ones who are against it.

Re: health

urineluva said:
Cardio is good for cardiovascular health. If you are interested in overall health do some cardio. Lazy people are the ones who are against it.
I agree with doing it for health, but. I have a very difficult time putting on and "keeping" muscle. Cardio, or should I say "too much cardio" causes me to lose way too much muscle - I'm not lazy :)

xcel

Re: health

urineluva said:

I agree it is good for cardiovascular health, but I have a hard time labeling everyone who is against it as lazy.

true

Actually i reread what i posted, and i am wrong. Losing fat without cardio is anything but lazy. In fact dieting is harder, people that can do it, just by a clean diet actually probobly have to have more discipline.

If its for fatloss, the best time for cardio is in the morning on an empty stomach or right after a workout because your glucose is depleted from your workout. take your pr/carb drink after your cardio not before.

I'm not lazy, just "crazy"...LOL! No, really though.....I follow a very strict diet and train hard. I also work 12 to 14 hour days and don't have time for cardio and weight training, so I follow a very strict diet and train hard when I workout...it works for me! I guess it's all in how much dedication you have to your diet. As far as cardio for your health.....if you're training hard, heavy and fast..... you're getting good healthy cardio! Take care.

patk

Magoo, I do it after every workout. Start slow for 5 minutes, then go moderate for and additional 15-20 while sipping the shake. A said it promotes passive glucose uptake. The only downside was I never realized how bad my shake tasted until I had to sip it down.

patk said:
I'm not lazy, just "crazy"...LOL! No, really though.....I follow a very strict diet and train hard. I also work 12 to 14 hour days and don't have time for cardio and weight training, so I follow a very strict diet and train hard when I workout...it works for me! I guess it's all in how much dedication you have to your diet. As far as cardio for your health.....if you're training hard, heavy and fast..... you're getting good healthy cardio! Take care.

patk

YES !!!!!!!!!!
If you want to look REALY BIG in countest time JUST SAY NO TO AEROBICS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws