over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout cardio(bad)??

Mojo Rising

Registered
Well post workout we all need sugars to help the muscles recover. So by working out, taking a protein shake with sugars, then doing cardio wouldnt this burn up the sugars not allowing the body to fully recover the muslces? Wondering if it would be better to workout early in the day and do cardio later in the day??

This is just how I do it:

Since I don't workout every day, I do cardio on those days that I don't workout. :eek:

The "most effective" time - bar none - is to do cardio is in the morning, prior to eating anything. That is when I do my cardio. It also happens to be the same time of day I workout.

IMHO, if you're doing "both" a workout then cardio, you're doing TOO much (kinda like overtraining).

xcel

I agree

With excell completely on this. Some may say it doesn't make a difference ewhen you do the cario, but it is definitely better in the morn.

I just started doing cardio again and what i find works best for me is to do it in the morning before a meal while i am glycogen depleted and then I will eat afterwards. I lift in the afternoons so I make sure to eat low GI carbs for my breakfast and have a protein shake sometime before I lift. The after lifting I will have a high GI carb... usually gatorade followed by a high protein real food meal.... this is what I know works best for me given my horrid genetics.

I do cardio in morn 5X per week even at the moment in off season, have found makes me feel alot healthier and eat alot more as well as seem to be growing better than doing none.

:)

I understand that some people like to do there cardio in the am before breakfast. Im trying to tighten up a bit but I dont want to sacrifice any muscle since im not getting ready for the beach or a show. I will just do my cardio later in the day and workout earlier. Thanks for the info!

no don't actually Cooter just have couple Syntheburn go hard for 41minutes ( seems better than 40min ) then straight after cardio eat 3 meals at once

cereal, fruit, youghart,
protein drink
tuna , potato salad meal
then another tuna and potato salad meal

:)

I disagree

I think that if you are going to bypass morning cardio the best time to do it is post-workout. This is the second best window of opportunity to burn fat, rather than just spin your wheels. Over the course of your workout you have burned any stored glyco so this would enable you to tap into your fat stores alot quicker. This means shorter and less intense sessions. As far as spiking your insulin and uptaking sugars post workout.....you have about a 2 hr window of opportunity to consume this meal for optimal uptake....its not gonna make any difference if you consume it 30 minutes later than planned.

Obviously I am not talking about Marathon cardio sessions here, in which case I woulkd agree that it might be overtraining. I am talking moderate paced 30-40 minute sessions. If able, however, a.m. cardio is best. Pre-contest I do a 30 min a.m. session followed by a 15-30 min post workout session. Works for me!

Cool

I think ill do my workout then slam some bcaa's so i have some amino's floating around for the muscles... then do 41;), min of cardio then hit a nice protein/carb shake. Sounds good. I would do a.m. cardio if it was an option. I did that for my last show and it worked well... just not fun doing it on an empty stomach.

I NEVER DO CARDIO.
Cardio impede recuperation and overtrain you and more when you are making an hipocaloric diet to compete.
One Hit workout is a cardio training too, and with this advanced training tecniques you start a positive anabolism, you produce muscle and loose body fat, depending of the diet.

To loose fat i only focus in my nutrition plan. Thats the way i conserve size.
If you do your cadio after a workout the corticol bites you, remember you start to produce this hormone 40 to 50 minutes after you start training.
If you want to be big you cant make 2 workouts a day, one cardio in the morning and workout in the afternoon or night...you are spending a lot of time trying to growth by this way.

.........JUST SAY NO TO AEROBICS !!!!!!
and remember....
..........There is no space for the littles!!!!!!!!!

Bigheinz

interesting, big h says no cardio...doggcrap says every day in the morning for 45 minutes precontest and a few days a week in offseason if one wants to keep fat to a minimum... and the beat goes on....

I agree with cardio in the morning for cutting up, however, if that isn't an option or if you're "off season" I do cardio only a couple times a week after my workouts for 20 mins. then take in my post workout drink.

animal has mentioned over at his site it is best to do post workout cardio while drinking ur recovery drink, go check it out

on the second to last and last page of the cycles for pennies thread

I once read somewhere that you have about an hour to replenish the muscles with protein/carbs after working out so theoretically you could do your workout, do 41 mins of Cardio and then slam a shake.

I tend to do AM cardio but I am thinking maybe post workout could have a benefit, as you should already have a fairly high heart rate and will be straight in the fat burning zone for cardio. Thoughts???

Boing "The English_Bulldog"

For me, weights 3 times a day. Cardio on the off days.

Well that would be if I actually did ANY cardio. :)

when i was dieting, i would do cardio first thing in the morning 45 mins then go home eat come back to gym maybe 5-8 hours later and lift. once in a great while I would do cardio at night too if fat loss was slow, I would just drink a recovery drink first, sure maybe some is gettin used up by your cardio but its better then nothing, and better then commin into a show smooth.

Crowler said:
For me, weights 3 times a day. Cardio on the off days.

Well that would be if I actually did ANY cardio. :)

This is a good way, but the best to always look big is :

JUST SAY NO TO AEROBICS!!!!!!!
bigheinz

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08