over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout exhaustion

Ragin' Cajun

Registered
I've been finding lately that after my workouts, I'm extremely tired. The biggest problem I face is that I go to work pretty soon after I lift. What do y'all do to combat this?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I feel like that until I eat. I work overnights and go straight to work after the gym. I eat within an hour usually a little heavier on carbs and I feel so much better after. That's just my experience. Others may have some other insight.

I've been finding lately that after my workouts, I'm extremely tired. The biggest problem I face is that I go to work pretty soon after I lift. What do y'all do to combat this?

Proper nutrition pre intra post and a cup of coffee :)

How's it going RaginCajun.. Are you taking Amino's (BCAA's)? One great thing about amino's is that they combat the levels of triptophan that are released during a workout. Look at taking your Aminos throughout your workout, this should help with your post workout fatigue.

How's it going RaginCajun.. Are you taking Amino's (BCAA's)? One great thing about amino's is that they combat the levels of triptophan that are released during a workout. Look at taking your Aminos throughout your workout, this should help with your post workout fatigue.
Yes I do. I take 10g bcaa during workout. I take noxivol pre-workout with 4.5g extra citrulline, and an extra 4g arginine. Also using test base and tren base pre-workout. Immediately after I ingest 60g protein blend, 75g sugar, and 5g glutamine

And I drink double espressos at work, which works while I'm moving (manager at a bar) otherwise I'm exhausted all day

Yes I do. I take 10g bcaa during workout. I take noxivol pre-workout with 4.5g extra citrulline, and an extra 4g arginine. Also using test base and tren base pre-workout. Immediately after I ingest 60g protein blend, 75g sugar, and 5g glutamine

And still tired?

I used to get this too and figured I wasnt eating enough. But actually what fixed it for me was instead of taking protein powder and a carb powder like I had been doing for a while, I switched to eating just whole foods. Sometimes I didn't even eat close to what I was able to get into me via protein powder and carb powder. I believe it was just healthier and more vitamins and minerals that made me feel better and more energized. Then as time went on, ya I can eat as much as I need to and more. I haven't touched protein powders other than when I mess up and don't have food to eat when I need it and powder is the only option which ended up being 3 times last year. Whole food makes me feel so much better and I feel better doing it. plus its cheaper lol.

my opinion . . . and it won’t be popular

You could be over-training.

Or coffee and food right when you get work might help but it seems
counterproductive to me. Food makes me sleepy (carb coma) and
coffee cancels it out so you are back where you started except
you are well fed but still tired.

I say . . .

Stop working out for a month (minimum). Whatever you lose in month or
so was not worth having / worth the effort in the first place. And don’t be
surprised if you gain size (muscle) during your time off :) Stranger things
have happened.

If you still feel tired, that is to say the same, then it is not the weight
training. Could be all the supplements you are taking. Quit them too
to eliminate that variable then see how you feel.

When you start back training, be conservative with the weights, your
frequency and your supplements. Add things slowly so you understand
the cause and effect relationship of all. Be patient. And keep accurate
records.

You should look and feel like Superman based on what you are ‘taking’
and if you don’t, clearly a change is in order. And if you feel as bad,
that is to say exhausted, as you say you are feeling, than something
else is going on. Get a complete blood workup.

All the above can’t hurt you, and might help you. But hey, what do I know?

I wish you all the best,

alfresco

I had that happen to me for a brief period of time last year. I would train, use BCAA intra-WO, post-WO shake etc and would seriously feel lethargic, kinda like the last 2-3 weeks of prep.

I did what Alfresco suggested and took time off the gym (8 days) as well as backed down my aas (cut the cycle two weeks short so no biggie) and kept cruising (175mgs/week).

When I got back to the gym, I was feeling much better and no more lethargy.

One thing I noticed during that time period is, that my BP was higher than usual and had a bit of a higher resting heart rate than normal while at the gym ( we have a BP monitor at the gym and the one I have at home) even had a nosebleed once or twice while training, which worried me enough to stop my cycle.

Did some bloods 5 weeks after going back to gym and all was normal, I wish that I went while I was experiencing that but Docs in Canada make it hard to get an apt ASAP(cant go private for BW).

Not "the answer" but maybe you are experiencing something similar than I did.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys. A lot of good advice here.

Many possible reasons.

Drop the pre-workout stims, they might be overdoing your nervous system making you more tired in the long run. I used to be like you, coffee and stims for days, i was actually more tired than I am now, basically stim free. (the odd coffee sometimes in the morning but not 10 cups like i used to)

I thought it was normal lol. After I work out and 30 mins after eating my pwo meal I just fall asleep. I need to take a 30 mins nap or so. After I ok but I don't seem to be able to function if I don't take my nap

I used to LOVE to train at night. I would do my workout,,take a PWO shake/meal,,,shower,,,then straight to bed. I would sleep like a baby. My schedule just doesn't permit for me to do this often. Unfortunately I have to train in the mornings now.

I generally go to gym after work in the afternoon. your present situation would easily push you to overtrainning which will dispel your fitness motivation

For me personally 75 gr of sugar after a workout woud put me coma for an hour or so .. pro

It could be over training, large carbs post workout or a combination of everything. However I believe it is likely the amount of caffeine you are consuming. Frequent pre workouts will do that to you... think adrenal cortex, cortisol, caffeine crash, caffeine tolerance. It can almost get to the point were having a double espresso to combat the fatigue will make you even more tired.

I would suggest a deload period in your training. Maybe even 1 week off to begin with then just come back and train but nothing too heavy or intense. This entire time you need to come off all caffeine. Well things like tea are fine but no strong coffees and no pre workouts. You want to finish with atleast 1 week off all caffeine if you can. I love my pre workouts and this is a common occurance when using them.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner