over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout meal and fruit

As if any of yalls physiques are really in the position where you need to be this anal about the timing of some fruit.

As if any of yalls physiques are really in the position where you need to be this anal about the timing of some fruit.

True dat. Micromanaging is generally not a good idea. Just eat your fruit joos, you'll be fine and healthier to boot.

x10

I have noticed over the years lot's of average looking guys who have to plan every minor detail and overcomplicate all aspects of bodybuilding. They also usually start threads asking what to do drug wise because they are going away for 1 week and they are panicking they will lose all gains.

Regarding the thread at the moment I am eating fruit approx 3 times per day but 2 of those times are smoothies that contain 2 apples, 1 kiwi, and various berries. I plan to up my fruit though and will probably add in some grapes post workout and maybe some pineapple with my beef meals. Nothing is exact but definately a lot of fruit.

Lots of people have fallen for the fallacy that fruits contain fructose only, but this is not true. It's safe to say most fruit will be a 1/2 mix of glucose and fructose. The ratio will shift slighly either way depending on the fruit eaten.

Fruit pwo is a healthier option imo due to the vitamins/minerals and fiber. I find the added fiber in fruit helps prevent that sugar crash an hour later and also prevents abdominal bloat vs using dex, maltodextrin etc with recovery unchanged.

Link to fruits sugar content and type. https://thepaleodiet.com/fruits-and-sugars/

Last edited:
Anyone eat fruit with there postwork meal? If so what kind you guys suggest? I know pineapple is for anti inflammatory. I thought I read before something to do with oranges and bananas. I appreciate the input

Any and all fruit is fine.

I like to use pineapple with my Pwo meal to aid digestion and due to sweet taste makes it easier to get down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a bad idea unless you are in DNP, the fruit does not re-establish the muscle glycogen, leave it for another meal of the day.

I think o have read that a small amount of fruit added to your regular carb sources enhance absorbtion. Either way I don’t worry about it and think it is a good idea to get some fruit in daily for nutrition. Lol I never do but still think it would be a good idea.

Would honey be a better option? I see alot of guys using honey with white rice, bagels etc
Or is honey only good if using slin?

Would honey be a better option? I see alot of guys using honey with white rice, bagels etc

If you ever read Emerics thread. He’s big into honey and coconut sugar. Table spoon of each I believe.

Honey is good and very healthy actually. I like to add it to a bagel PWO.

It's fine. Side note, there is zero evidence that carb consumption post workout leads to any added muscle hypertrophy. Protein is all that is necessary.

I would be interested to learn more about this. I know for myself, anecdotally, I used to eat carbs and protein post workout and was fine. I dumped carbs (outside of the vegetables that come in an omelet) and just pounded protein. I got leaner and have had some steady growth...so for me, I tend to respond well with very limited carbs PWO.

Here is a typical day for me pre-and post-workout.

0500= 25 grams whey protein isolate and 2 cups of black coffee

0530-0630= train

0730= Subway breakfast sandwich minus the bread. It is 4 egg whites paddies, 1 large serving of rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, purple onion, jalapenos, spinach (according to nutritional content that amounts to 60 grams of protein and 10 carbs)

Honey is good and very healthy actually. I like to add it to a bagel PWO.

I assume your using low fat bagel?
I've never done bagels, but thinking about trying it. Currently I am eating 3.5c of jasmine rice postworkout. I am about to add more carbs post workout

Everything found in fruits or honey is in the vegetables, but without added sugar/fructose.

I only take honey if I am with a sore throat.

Some fruit is ok in off season here and there, but as a source of post workout carbohydrates I prefer white bread or cereals.

My head hurts from reading some of these responses

There is nothing wrong with fruit period. Within reason enjoy it when you like. No one ever got fat from eating too much fruit.

So many secrets of the pros in this thread :eek:

If only pros were allowed to respond, you might as well shut this entire message board down cuz it would be a ghost town.

Glucose and Fruitose are digested differently in the body. Supposively this is why the adominal bloat is not as bad using a combination of fructose and glucose vs just glucose, since gut clearance is much faster.

I think o have read that a small amount of fruit added to your regular carb sources enhance absorbtion. Either way I don’t worry about it and think it is a good idea to get some fruit in daily for nutrition. Lol I never do but still think it would be a good idea.

I know a pro last 2 days before competition he only ate green apples and that was infront of me he was not lying and was like a statue , am sure he tested it and he find according to his body he can keep round with holding to size with green apples but this justify that every person can try and see what works for him

I would be interested to learn more about this. I know for myself, anecdotally, I used to eat carbs and protein post workout and was fine. I dumped carbs (outside of the vegetables that come in an omelet) and just pounded protein. I got leaner and have had some steady growth...so for me, I tend to respond well with very limited carbs PWO.

Here is a typical day for me pre-and post-workout.

0500= 25 grams whey protein isolate and 2 cups of black coffee

0530-0630= train

0730= Subway breakfast sandwich minus the bread. It is 4 egg whites paddies, 1 large serving of rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, purple onion, jalapenos, spinach (according to nutritional content that amounts to 60 grams of protein and 10 carbs)

Protein replenishes glycogen as well as carbs do. Post workout carbs blunt insulin sensitivity benefits from the training session.

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/20...DNzN4RMII8j9QQ3HLXNbNM9BMaVlsyx3pC9ibqELd4i8g

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131