over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout nausea/ “queasiness”

CarnitaShreds

Registered
I’m not on any gear or advanced supplements of any type. I sometimes take supplements with high stim (Caff DMHA) But not always and usually not a full dose. I am having difficulty post work out with eating whether or not I utilize pre work out. After I lift heavy and really slam a session I am often somewhat queasy or nauseous. I could literally not eat for hours after a heavy leg session and not notice it. Just the thought of food kind of makes me ehhhh in my head. I will literally be heaving in between bites of chicken and rice and just washing down mouthfuls half chewed with water. I am, right now, procrastinating choking down aome
C and r post shoulder work out.
Help!

First, congrats on your ability to workout so hard.
Do you workout morning, afternoon or night?
If it’s afternoon/night, you can stack your calories earlier throughout the day and stop 60-90 minutes before you hit the gym. If you eat enough food throughout the day, your post workout nutrition isn’t as consequential. Unless you’re strictly cutting, your muscles should be significantly loaded with glycogen.
Post workout, just have an easily digestible shake.

if you can t eat, just eat liquid : whey, EAA etc....

First, congrats on your ability to workout so hard.
Do you workout morning, afternoon or night?
If it’s afternoon/night, you can stack your calories earlier throughout the day and stop 60-90 minutes before you hit the gym. If you eat enough food throughout the day, your post workout nutrition isn’t as consequential. Unless you’re strictly cutting, your muscles should be significantly loaded with glycogen.
Post workout, just have an easily digestible shake.
I usually work out around 6:00 am. I will do ACV/cold water/sea salt/greens mix upon rising, then thirty mins later whey isolate and oats and peanut butter/Coconit oil for pre work out. Even if I work out later and have other meals in, that is always my pre meal. Thanks for taking time to answer

Be interesting to hear some more opinions, i always have trouble eating after training. I am a bottomless pit and hungry all day, but after training i can hardly stomach a thing, even a shake is hard to get down.

I was saying something similar in another thread. When your fired up like that feed efficiency is low as digestion is impaired, some liquid kcals or easy to digest food with carbs can help bring you down some. Theres no real issue with just eating light for an hour or two before starting to push the food.

I was saying something similar in another thread. When your fired up like that feed efficiency is low as digestion is impaired, some liquid kcals or easy to digest food with carbs can help bring you down some. Theres no real issue with just eating light for an hour or two before starting to push the food.

Exactly.

Quite honestly if you don't feel a bit ill after training legs you probably didn't train hard enough. Obviously we don't want to be fainting post workout but pushing your mind/body to it's limits will have a certain effect on you. I always have an intra shake so I am ok not to eat for a bit anyway. However if you're really bad just have a liquid post workout meal and drink it very slowly. If your not so bad then maybe something that doesn't require you to chew much such as a high protein yoghurt or evens oats, honey/banana and whey isolate.

I usually work out around 6:00 am. I will do ACV/cold water/sea salt/greens mix upon rising, then thirty mins later whey isolate and oats and peanut butter/Coconit oil for pre work out. Even if I work out later and have other meals in, that is always my pre meal. Thanks for taking time to answer

what is the purpose of this, asking for reals

also that oats, pb, and coco oil is going to stick around longer than say, jasmine rice and hydrolyzed whey

I train 430am I find post meal of 2 cups cocoa krispies, drizzle of organic honey, 1 cup unsweet almond milk. or COR is very easy to put down.

Be interesting to hear some more opinions, i always have trouble eating after training. I am a bottomless pit and hungry all day, but after training i can hardly stomach a thing, even a shake is hard to get down.

My opinion.

All the blood is in your 'muscles' and has no time (yet) for digestion. Being nauseated
after or during a workout is not uncommon when working extremely hard but in time
you will become accustomed to it. Call it metabolic conditioning. I would never force
food down after a workout or before if not hungry. When you are hungry eat. When you
are tired sleep. Learn to listen to your body. This takes time. Keep very accurate records
of your workouts and food consumption and when and you will figure it out.

I am rarely hungry after a workout and usually eat a couple of hours after. And I neve
eat before a workout (might lead to nausea?). My last meal is typically 15 hours after
my last meal. And I usually eat about twice a day. Rarely snack. Dinner is my biggest
meal and I eat nothing after 7pm.

Sort of off subject but it jives with food and when to consume.

Look at chronobiology, the effect of our circadian rhythms on our health. For example,
calories at night are more fattening than the exact same calories earlier in the day.
You can have the same snack, the same food, you actually gain more body fat from
food eaten at night compared to food eaten in the day. It's crazy. Like the calorie is
not the calorie. It is become more apparent that we should not be eating after 7:00 p.m.
The fewer calories after sundown, the better. And it's not just body fat accumulation
but it affects our blood sugar, affects our cortisone levels and on down to this and that.
This is a new field of science that will be interesting to follow as it develops.

Ahhh...leg day.
Always included having the garbage can in close proximity to the squat rack.
A hard leg day after a layoff usually led to projectile vomiting and a good 30min recovery on my back with my legs elevated.

Baby food was a must in the gym bag on leg day;)

what is the purpose of this, asking for reals

also that oats, pb, and coco oil is going to stick around longer than say, jasmine rice and hydrolyzed whey
Jazz and hydrolized for pre?

the acv sea salt and water is something my mom has had all of her children drinking every morning since we could drink things. Salt for hydration, ACV for biome, greens mix is crime of opportunity it’s a convenient time for me to get it in during day

I train 430am I find post meal of 2 cups cocoa krispies, drizzle of organic honey, 1 cup unsweet almond milk. or COR is very easy to put down.
Not using hormones makes that much simple carbs kind of not optimal for my look- I make half of my money modeling and dancing (ballet) so I’m very conscious of that. But it sounds like a delicious meal!!!!!

Jazz and hydrolized for pre?

well now that i see your reply about the simple carbs, no. But still for me personally your preworkout meal is too many slow digesting foods. If i couldnt do rice and whey id have a reg meal 2-2.5 hrs prior to the workout, eat nothing immediately before(besides stims), then about 1/4 of the way through the workout have a mre lite shake, then post have a hydrolyzed whey shake. I use the mre lite during a workout because it never causes me stomach upset

well now that i see your reply about the simple carbs, no. But still for me personally your preworkout meal is too many slow digesting foods. If i couldnt do rice and whey id have a reg meal 2-2.5 hrs prior to the workout, eat nothing immediately before(besides stims), then about 1/4 of the way through the workout have a mre lite shake, then post have a hydrolyzed whey shake. I use the mre lite during a workout because it never causes me stomach upset

Thanks a lot for taking time to offer I out, I really appreciate the help. Perhaps some more context would be helpful. I walk around at 10/11% strict regimen

Every day I eat
4 eggs 6 whites
40 grams carbs from oats

140 grams rice
6 ounces chicken
1 oz almonds

60 grams whey
1 tbs pb or co
40 grams carbs from oats

140 grams rice
6 ounces chicken breast
greens/vegetables

6 ounces steak
140 grams rice
Greens if wanted

60 grams whey
2 Tbs pb

to shred for a job dancing at a club or a shoot I will cut the rice and oats
except post and pre get down some rice cakes. Eggs go from four to 1 with 9 whites can have spinach as wanted. This will shred me sub 7% in about 20 days. Dieting for recitals doesn’t change much from this but my caloric output is probably double at those times.

when shredding I cheat once a week it’s a dirty ass burger with frys and milkshake if I want (I never want) But only after a gnarly day training and dancing and a full day of meals in. I never deviate from this.

Also, I do manipulate carbs before an event or show similar to how I would prep for a show but usually the burger and fries night before and pancakes and egg whites will do the trick

id change the preworkout meal to just whey

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner