over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post workout shake = Myth?

Honestly, ive never really seen a noticable difference from doing a post workout shake.

And if your saying this judging by your Avatar, It must be the Truth!

Personnaly I think its all Bullshit.

its all hogwash in fact folks should wt 30 to 60 min before injesting food after a workout; its all depending on your size. just think of this. The famous keto diet does not allow for any form of carbs so that in itself should be enough proof that you can still gain muscle and replenish without injesting carbs. just knoo that when doing keto their is no replenishment of carbs because the body has rid itself of any and still their i muscle growth.

Who uses a keto approach in the offseason to gain size?

Even Dave Palumbo recommends adding carbs in the offseason, and specifically recommends bracketing waxy maize starch and whey around workouts.

Here's the truth, if you really want to know...

Ive seign several place where people Were experimenting Without a Post workout Shake and Didnt see Any difference at all.

Again they said that its all Business Marketing to make you Buy Carb Powder and Protein powder....

IN FACT they said That People should be Able To Replenish Glycogen inside muscle Without ANY CARBS at all.

So lets say your workout Friday evening at 7:00 PM.

You could then Eat a Protein Meal(like chicken and Some Fats like Olive oil,Nuts and some Vegetables) and you Would Still Be Fine...

You would still Stimulate Muscle Growth and IN FACT without Spiking Insulin You would Still Be Burning FAT and Have HIGH GH After the workout, Because Spiking Insulin with the Carbs Would Shut Down Lypogenis and Bring Down GH.

What do you guys think?

I think it make sense, Lets say we were in Caveman Age, And The Cave Man Had to Lift a Rock Several times or he had to Push something, He would still have Acces To Meat for Proteins and Fatty meat + Nuts and Vegetables...

Im not sure if it make sens...

What do you guys think?

Do you Seem to see More Results With Post workout Shake with Carbs? Or Meal with Carbs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsTVqv2MCAA&feature=related

its all hogwash in fact folks should wt 30 to 60 min before injesting food after a workout; its all depending on your size. just think of this. The famous keto diet does not allow for any form of carbs so that in itself should be enough proof that you can still gain muscle and replenish without injesting carbs. just knoo that when doing keto their is no replenishment of carbs because the body has rid itself of any and still their i muscle growth.
YES!

Exaclty!!!!

Im really starting to think, That All That Matters, Is That in Order To RETAIN muscle mass, You need To Keep the Strenght UP And EVEN Gaining Muscle mass is Possible Without Carbohydrates.

Think about it.

Caveman Didnt Have Rice, Potatoes, Oatmeal, Waxy Mayze Starch. But im sure he did have muscle.

In the Upcoming Weeks Im Going to try Something I never done before.

Im going to stop Eating Several Times per day.
No breakfast, No dinner and No time set Meal.

IM Not going eat Anything but Fish, Chicken Eggs and Chicken with Fats, Nut Oil,olive oil,Fish oil, Borage oil and Evening Primrose oil and Whey Protein Isolate

No fruits at all and No Vegetables.

Hope im not going to die, Im going to try to get a blood Test in 1month or something to see how it affect my values.

Im going Keep Lifting But Im going to Keep it Low Volume, Something like 5x5 Around Deadlift,Benchpress, Chin up, Squat. Going to try And Keep the Strenght Up, IF IM FEELING WEAK i will take some rest.

I bet my money i wont Lose any muscle, i might look Deflated or something at the start but im going to see.

I mean eskimos lives on meat without any Problem,theres no fruit or any Vegetables that grow outta ice.

Mind you im not a Huge Guys Like you guys but im not small and still has a low bodyfat 8.5%.

Everytime in the past i Eaten Carbohydrates i felt like shit afterwards. Whether its Fruits or Yams.

I like carbs with my post workout insulin.
6 grams/iu of Dextrose and a couple of scoops of whey isolate followed vrery quickly with a pototoe (or equivalent) and chunk of meat.

This guy is huge too! Prove what i was wondering.

What im wondering now is If That Carbohydrates are NEEDED for MuscleGrowth or you Can Gain muscle Without Ingesting Direct Source of Carbohydrates(Even like Vegetables or Fruits)

That guy is now sponsored by MuscleTech, lol.

Seriously.

Honestly, ive never really seen a noticable difference from doing a post workout shake.

I agree too. For me just eating a good balanced meal was just as good or better. WHen I was bulking I would even have a shake first and then an hour later eat again. All that did was make me fat,lol. Only thing that ever made a difference for me post workout was taking slin/GH.

I agree too. For me just eating a good balanced meal was just as good or better. WHen I was bulking I would even have a shake first and then an hour later eat again. All that did was make me fat,lol. Only thing that ever made a difference for me post workout was taking slin/GH.

Thank you Maldorf for your take on this subject. Once again you and I see things the same here. slin and GH PWO. This is the point that is getting over looked in this thread. If a post workout carb drink will spike insulin PWO after youve done HGH, GHRP or GHRH then by all means go for it. It will be a natural DNA specific release of your own insulin. Save you the need for pinning. If you use GHRP's then you will release your own DNA specific GH. An alternative for those of us who dont like using slin. As it was stated earlier......... To each his own and what works for one person may not do a thing for the next guy.

That guy is now sponsored by MuscleTech, lol.

Seriously.

And i'm sure he'll change his statements, but the fact is before his sponsorship...he was telling the truth in that video, there are the basics and the rest is CRAP.

Carbohydrates are important post workout because of the hormonal changes they cause with insulin. IGF-1 releases when growth hormone and insulin are high. After a workout your insulin will be low, but your growth hormone levels should be high. By having a carb drink post workout, you will spike your insulin and cause the release of IGF-1 as a result. IGF-1 is extremely important in muscle growth. Another reason carbs are important is in controlling cortisol. Cortisol starts producing heavily near the end of a workout and we know cortisol production is blunted by spikes in insulin, which high carb intake causes.
Its not so much about restoring depleted glycogen stores as it is triggering an anabolic response.

This seems to make sense, but it would be nice to have some numbers to add a quantifiable dimension to the logic.

By "numbers" I mean, how much PWO carbs/sugars need to be consumed to yield an "average" effect on insulin secretion.

Didn't you take any sugar/carb containing shake with the PWO slin?

Ive seign several place where people Were experimenting Without a Post workout Shake and Didnt see Any difference at all.

Again they said that its all Business Marketing to make you Buy Carb Powder and Protein powder....

IN FACT they said That People should be Able To Replenish Glycogen inside muscle Without ANY CARBS at all.

So lets say your workout Friday evening at 7:00 PM.

You could then Eat a Protein Meal(like chicken and Some Fats like Olive oil,Nuts and some Vegetables) and you Would Still Be Fine...

You would still Stimulate Muscle Growth and IN FACT without Spiking Insulin You would Still Be Burning FAT and Have HIGH GH After the workout, Because Spiking Insulin with the Carbs Would Shut Down Lypogenis and Bring Down GH.

What do you guys think?

I think it make sense, Lets say we were in Caveman Age, And The Cave Man Had to Lift a Rock Several times or he had to Push something, He would still have Acces To Meat for Proteins and Fatty meat + Nuts and Vegetables...

Im not sure if it make sens...

What do you guys think?

Do you Seem to see More Results With Post workout Shake with Carbs? Or Meal with Carbs?
well im a huge believer in the post workout shake and post workout fast digesting protein (whey) and fast digesting carbs and the insulin spike. but hey you guys rock on! do ya thang.

I eat for PERFORMANCE!

This seems to make sense, but it would be nice to have some numbers to add a quantifiable dimension to the logic.

By "numbers" I mean, how much PWO carbs/sugars need to be consumed to yield an "average" effect on insulin secretion.

Im not certain that a specific number of grams needs to be met as far as grams per lb of bodyweight. As long as it is fast digesting like dextrose at least 20-30 grams should suffice. I think I just found a new subject good for a couple of hours of research tonight. How many grams of sugar does it take to illicit an insulin response............ Hmmmm................

It doesn'y matter what you eat or if you even eat at all.

ALL YOU NEED IS MUSCLETECH PRODUCTS!

FACT! JAY CUTLER TOLD ME.

I really feel at least BCCAS are needed. Whether from BCCA Powder or a Whey Isolate. I think you really don't need the carbs with them though.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear