over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

post workout shake

to shake or not?

• hell yah

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • nah

Votes: 24 24.5%

• Total voters
mainly do shakes with a small snack right before to slow digestion a bit... if the circumstances allow then a full meal followed by a shake... I usually drink lightly and fill up on food when eating in general so if looking to really pack in calories then a heavy shake to wash down a meal is the best way to go for me.. usually stick to premade blends... currently running cyto's monster mass.

How many chicken breasts a day can you eat and still love it. God I get so sick of the same grilled chicken breasts or pork tenderloin. Sounds great but every day, several time at least and I stop looking forward to eating. I can drink three shacks a day and not get sick of them.

Eating is my biggest hold back. Maybe I need to learn to cook better.

herbs and spices my good man... ms. dash has various decent low sodium seasoning blends to give me something to start with then you can venture off and experiment with various individual herbs and spices once you get more familar with them...

Why would u not have one? It takes over an hour I believe for a whole food meal to digest enough to provide any nutritional value.

Why not have some whey immediately after workout then follow that with a whole food meal about 45-60 mins post workout.

carnivore mass gainer!!!!!!!! read meat protein not whey so no bloat and i add a scoop of glutamine to it

Why would u not have one? It takes over an hour I believe for a whole food meal to digest enough to provide any nutritional value.

Why not have some whey immediately after workout then follow that with a whole food meal about 45-60 mins post workout.

I do similar. Shake PWO (ISOPURE), with real food. This way I get protein immediately in the system, and have protein slowly releasing as it is digested. I believe this provides a steady stream of nutrients from which to recover and build.

How many chicken breasts a day can you eat and still love it. God I get so sick of the same grilled chicken breasts or pork tenderloin. Sounds great but every day, several time at least and I stop looking forward to eating. I can drink three shacks a day and not get sick of them.

Eating is my biggest hold back. Maybe I need to learn to cook better.

Try switching things up. Change from Chicken breast to Salmon, Talapia, eggs, steak, turkey, etc.

If u still having trouble eating all that, then u're force feeding which will lead to fat gain. Use hunger as your guide & u might not need a shake.

Well think I'm going to try having a post workout shake , haven't been for a few years. Then have my meal hour or so later. This is actually more convenient with my schedule for work. Thanks for the replys

Last edited:
I personally have had great success with doing an intra workout drink. Essentially by the time it's digested it's pwo anyway. Just shoot for rapid digesting products that do not draw a bunch of blood to the gut. I then eat a solid meal about an hour after

carnivore mass gainer!!!!!!!! read meat protein not whey so no bloat and i add a scoop of glutamine to it

Im definitely going to look to pick up a couple tubs of this to try for a couple weeks.. not a fan of the amount of carbs so will probably just try smaller portions to make up for it... interesting to see how the beef compares

I'd like to see someone like Shelby or John meadows chime in on this...

In my experiences (certainly not as experienced as some of you guys) it hasn't made a huge difference. I think as long as I get some form of nutrition in its all the same. If I'm hungry I eat, if I'm not hungry I drink a shake, or if my lift was later in the evening and I'm going to sleep soon ill have a shake that has a blend with slow and fast digesting proteins and low carbs.

So far i haven't had any pre/intra/post workout shakes for the past 2 weeks.

This is because my favorite whey is out of stock.

However, i've been have oats and some fish pre/workout and brown rice and chicken breast post workout. Honestly, i see no difference.

Just my experience.

I'd like to see someone like Shelby or John meadows chime in on this...

In my experiences (certainly not as experienced as some of you guys) it hasn't made a huge difference. I think as long as I get some form of nutrition in its all the same. If I'm hungry I eat, if I'm not hungry I drink a shake, or if my lift was later in the evening and I'm going to sleep soon ill have a shake that has a blend with slow and fast digesting proteins and low carbs.

Yes bump for that. If I remember correct shelby said he gets half his pro intake from shakes

Pre/Post-wo shake: 50-60g gatoraid + ~20g BCAA/EAA mix

Yes bump for that. If I remember correct shelby said he gets half his pro intake from shakes

He said 3 out of his 6 meals were from a shake mix.

I do whey hydroslate with leucine glycine glutamine and cyclic dextrin

When I do the intra with a hydro protein and vitargo or cyclic dextrin the pump is much better for me. I can also hold a pump for a longer duration

Pre 1 scoop whey 1 waxy -intra 2 whey 2 waxy - post 2 whey 3 waxy . Within 2 hours of post shake I eat a good size meal keeping fats to a min.that's how my nutritionist has me do it. Throw in bCAA and creatine and your g2g.

Pre 1 scoop whey 1 waxy -intra 2 whey 2 waxy - post 2 whey 3 waxy . Within 2 hours of post shake I eat a good size meal keeping fats to a min.that's how my nutritionist has me do it. Throw in bCAA and creatine and your g2g.

I bet if u replace the waxy with oats u will not see any difference.

Safe cost.

I bet if u replace the waxy with oats u will not see any difference.

Safe cost.

No way could my stomach handle drinking that much oats especially during a workout

Word ........I got nothing against oats & whey but glycomaize from ON is pretty cheap and works well for me (I don't get too much fat from carbs even when bulking with 550 grams a day granted their clean .yams brown rice veggies waxy)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws