advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post your best 3 day per week workouts...

What has worked really well for me lately has been opposing muscle groups. It would be something like this:
Monday- chest and bicep
Wednesday-legs
Friday- back and tricep
This is completely basic, I work around the big 3 compounds(bench,squat,deads) and at the most do 4 exercises for each muscle. Technically with these compound movements I am working other bodyparts on different days, just try to keep my focus on whatever that day's muscles are.

Great thread BN! I started DC in May and had Super D train me for 3 months to get it started right. Like someone said I had a tough time at first hitting chest, back shoulers and tris in the same workout but I persevered and have been growing like a weed ever since.

3 days a week with cardio in the AM on the days between is best for my 40 year old bones. The only change i made for my current blast was to still go 3 days week but split up back/bi's...kind of like the 3 way split Daunte talks about but not doing Mo,Tues, Thurs, Fri and sticking to MWF. Less frequency yes, but I have been on this blast for 9 week now and my body is holding up just fine and the weights on me and the bar just keep going up and up!

BN I don't really know what to call these programs because I am 43 and started working out when I was 16 grew well, developed near death experiences with sleep apnea and catabloized off muscle to live back when. Since then w/ things in control I experiment and go up and down depending on what I am playing with.

I feel that to grow I need to hit the the body parts at least 1.5 times per week but I need to recover so EOD 2-way split works well and then switch to a 3 way split 3 days on, 1 day off approach.

No rep or set is wasted so I guess that is DC style. But the overall approach to how I do things is a Phil Hernon style.

...oh and fuck you Joe Weider! I want my money back. :D

You and me both......:mad::p

Well

Right now about 10 clients are doing each body part every other day and loving it. I need to train each body part EOD or else my joints kill me. If I go 4-5 days between body parts my joints just hurt too much......plus I lose the hard/vascular look.

i dont thihs there is one right answer for everyone. its going to be based highly on individual results. training under phil i gained verry well, training DC im also gaining verry well.

Right now about 10 clients are doing each body part every other day and loving it. I need to train each body part EOD or else my joints kill me. If I go 4-5 days between body parts my joints just hurt too much......plus I lose the hard/vascular look.

All I can say about this is thank you.

Forgive my ignorance but can someone explain a little more what "DC" means? and perhaps give an example workout with it?

Forgive my ignorance but can someone explain a little more what "DC" means? and perhaps give an example workout with it?

Dog Crapp training, just google it and you will find plenty of info or go to Intense Muscle Forums.

New routine thanks to Phil. No doubt that with increased frequency I find increased results! There is a big psychological part of it too, I think. Maybe its that time off acting like a crutch... Either way, I love hitting the weights hard, heavy and OFTEN :)

I guess this is kind of why I like high frequency/low/mod volume. I have yet to ever do a 3 day split, but I have contemplated giving it a try.

5/3/1

- M, W, F training, with a deload every fourth week. This program provides excellent recovery to ensure fast strength gains on the big lifts. Accessory lifts to help with the gains.

when you guys say each bodypart every other day do you mean say chest monday and again on wednesday? sorry if im being dumb

when you guys say each bodypart every other day do you mean say chest monday and again on wednesday? sorry if im being dumb

Example:
MON: Chest/Back
TUES: Legs/Calves
WED: Shoulders/biceps/Triceps/Abs
THUR: Chest/Back
FRI: Legs/Calves
SAT: Shoulders/biceps/triceps
SUN: Sleep, sleep, sleep!

Just an example of what I have used with regards to high freqency, but your volume needs to be low to moderate with regards of total working sets.

Just like it is written out..........each body part EOD.

Hmmm, wonder how that one actually looks though, as as you know, i like being in the gym and agree with you regarding the joints issue with leaving to many days between the bodypart...

But each bodypart eod....is that for gaining too??? Wouldnt mind seeing how its broken down??

Last edited:
Just like it is written out..........each body part EOD.

Yes and people at the gym think i am crazy...they are like "Squats again? Didn't you just do squats 2 days ago?!?!"

Not to mention I am done with my whole workout by the time they move to their second exercise :)

Hahahahaa

Yes and people at the gym think i am crazy...they are like "Squats again? Didn't you just do squats 2 days ago?!?!"

Not to mention I am done with my whole workout by the time they move to their second exercise :)

They are probably like WTF?? Jus ttell them you do not train as much or take it as seriously anymore.......hahaha......thats what I did before the USA

i only work one body part a day...

day1-chest
day2-hammies
day3-arms
day4-shoulders
day5-quads
day6-rest
day7-back

good thing im young! lol

we talked about this before BN

her is mine

Mon thrus chest back delts
wed legs
tues fri arms

sat sun off or just cardio

I also like full body 3 x week 1 exercise per bodypart with different exercise each workout and varying one day heavy, medium and light workout, different reps.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear