over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Potassium level of 1.8

E.J.

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So my friend winds up in the icu for 3 days with a super low k+ of 1.8. Lost most of his function in the upper extremities. Regained all function and should leave the hospital today.

He was taking a K+ sparing diuretic and t3 along with other anabolics. MD's think it was the diuretic that did it. Any one have any similar resoonse to T3 or K+ sparing diuretics?

is that all they said?

Are they not running further tests?

I recall taking T3 whilst taking dyazide, for about 2-3 days prior to a trip with no complications.

To add, while I was taking t3 on vacation I took 10-20 mg lasix for 5 days straight with no issues.

Most likely it was the diuretic, even if it's K sparing.

Damn! How much diuretic did he take and which one was it?

Amiloride hydrochloride
spironolactone (Aldactone)
triamterene (Dyrenium)

K sparing. Allegedly. Diuretics with no labs to monitor is very dangerous. I'd be willing to bet it was spiralactone....

They didn't have a good explanation. Im thinking it was hctz/spiromolactone combo. Don't know dose. Don't know t3 dose either. Between him and coach.

Also on halotestin, Clen, tren, prop and nalvadex. Was really dehydrated as well. I know the hctz isn't k+ sparing so it may have been the culprit.

Most likely it was the diuretic, even if it's K sparing.

Really? I had no clue. So what is the solution. Take OTC potassium supps while prepping and get labs day before the event? Hard to get labs and correct problem while ur outta town and all the craziness of doing a show u know.

He was fine all the way through the show and the two days following.

is that all they said?

Are they not running further tests?

I recall taking T3 whilst taking dyazide, for about 2-3 days prior to a trip with no complications.

To add, while I was taking t3 on vacation I took 10-20 mg lasix for 5 days straight with no issues.

Yea, that's why I thought it so odd for it to be critically low like that. He had some furosemide as well. Just glad he didn't add that.

Don't fuck with diuretics, he's lucky he didn't have a heart attack.
That's very low potassium.

Don't fuck with diuretics, he's lucky he didn't have a heart attack.
That's very low potassium.

This was his first time using anything other than OTC diuretics. His coach is advised by a pro and they went this direction this time. It worked he qualified for nationals. But at this cost, was it worth it? Idk. He def could've died. I've never seen k lower than 2. And those patients are very ill and don't always make it. If he had went home and tried to sleep it off he would've died.

Fuck didn't he feel dehydrated ? I know that's why post show Ronny rockel eats a shit load of bananas. Curious what sympts he feels

They didn't have a good explanation. Im thinking it was hctz/spiromolactone combo. Don't know dose. Don't know t3 dose either. Between him and coach.

Also on halotestin, Clen, tren, prop and nalvadex. Was really dehydrated as well. I know the hctz isn't k+ sparing so it may have been the culprit.

It was the clen bro. Let me guess, it was underground lab, probably super over dosed. It drives the potassium straight into the cell and drops your serum potassium.

Infact when patients are admitted for hyperkalemia one of the treatmens is to give them albuterol (same family as clenbuterol) treatment. It brings down the potassium temporarily.

Not to mention all the steroids have aldosterone like effect and make you pee out potassium and hold on too sodium.
In reality it was probably a combination of all the stuff he was on but looking at his list I would think the biggest contributor was clen.

Last edited:
Good point about the Clen. HCTZ as well, calcium sparing but not K. Too many electrolytes going down @ once.

Fuck didn't he feel dehydrated ? I know that's why post show Ronny rockel eats a shit load of bananas. Curious what sympts he feels

He felt fine till two days later when his hands lost function. Normal prep like he always does. Only thing diff this time was diuretic.

It was the clen bro. Let me guess, it was underground lab, probably super over dosed. It drives the potassium straight into the cell and drops your serum potassium.

Infact when patients are admitted for hyperkalemia one of the treatmens is to give them albuterol (same family as clenbuterol) treatment. It brings down the potassium temporarily.

Not to mention all the steroids have aldosterone like effect and make you pee out potassium and hold on too sodium.
In reality it was probably a combination of all the stuff he was on but looking at his list I would think the biggest contributor was clen.

Good explanation G, thanks.

Yep, that is true, but albuterol is only a small piece of the hyperkalemic protocol. The first thing that you want to do is give calcium chloride, calcium glucanate, or kayexalate. Followed by an IV insulin drip and D50 and/or D5W (glucose). If they're really acidodic which they most likely are then they're given a bolus of sodium bicarb followed by a bicarb drip. You seem like you know what you're talking about so I'm sure I'm just telling you something that you already know, but I figured that I'd explain it just incase. ;)

I'm sure the clen had a role in bringing the K+ down so dangerously low, but I highly doubt that it was the main culprit. I think the diuretic was the main cause for bringing him down so low which is why physicians typically prescribe Klor-Con with diuretics to prevent hypoK+.

Your buddy is VERY lucky to be alive bc the normal range for K+ is 3.7 to 5.2 mEq/L and to be honest I've never seen someone with a K+ that low and live to tell about it. Potassium is one of those electrolytes that are very sensitive and it could be lethal if its just slightly high or slightly low. Usually when the K+ is <3.0 mEq/L then cardiac arrest will soon follow. You also have to be very very careful not to bring it up or down too fast or else you can kill someone.

I can't tell you how many cardiac arrests I've ran at dialysis clinics bc their K+ gets so jacked up while they're being dialyzed and they code. The reason that its so touchy is bc it's the most prevalent intracellular cation in the human body.

Sorry to carry on, but I love medicine and the inner-geek comes out when medical topics come up. :D I hope your friend pulls through and recovers fully eventually.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131