over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Potassium, Sodium and Water Experts.

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Can someone explain This to me.

Some Examples.

What happen to your body(look) if you Take:

1.High Potassium and low Sodium and Drink Alot of of water(2-3 Liter).

2.High Potassium and low Sodium and Dont drink Any water.

3.High Potassium and High Sodium and Drink Alot of Water(2-3 Liter).

4.Low Potassium and High Sodium and Drink alot of Water(I think you will not Retain water on this one if im not mistaken)

5.Low Potassium and High Sodium and Dont drink alot of water(I know this one will make you Retain Water)...

Thank you

And i think this post would help alot of people.

Some Examples.

4.Low Potassium and High Sodium and Drink alot of Water(I think you will not Retain water on this one if im not mistaken)

5.Low Potassium and High Sodium and Dont drink alot of water(I know this one will make you Retain Water)...

Thank you

One thing you will most likely cause is an imbalance of critical electrolytes. As PHIL has pointed out it is not just that simple. But you may find your self with severe bloating and water retention and stress the kidneys or dehydrate to the point of getting sick. Again there are no guarantees, electrolyte balance is so important to what we do.

One thing you will most likely cause is an imbalance of critical electrolytes. As PHIL has pointed out it is not just that simple. But you may find your self with severe bloating and water retention and stress the kidneys or dehydrate to the point of getting sick. Again there are no guarantees, electrolyte balance is so important to what we do.

Also depend on how much the person is sweating.

I think it will confuse people.......high and low compared to what? It is not that simple......

Sorry,I didnt really Specific what i was meaning.

When talking about High Potassium, Im talking if Someone Is Eating Alot of Fruits , Vegetables and lean protein(chiken,Tuna) but not eating Any Processed foods at all and drinking only water.

No dairy, No grain, not even whey protein.

That would be high potassium and Low sodium intake...

If that person is doing ALOT of Cardio...

What would happen?

Someone told me to supplement with Sea Salt to Balance out electrolites since you can get Dehydrated when you cut out all Processed Foods, if your doing alot of cardio...

What im trying to Achieve is perfect Balance of Electrolites and Water, To Stay Hydrated while Consummin An All out Natural Diet(No processed Foods).

Mainly from Fruit,Vegetables and lean Protein(Chicken and tuna(Some sodium).

Do you think adding Sea Salt to an all out Natural diet is a good idea? How do you know the right balance?

I can see water Retention in my face right now and my skin is Dry From switching up Diet Since i may have increase my Fiber intake to 40-50G per day.

Maybe im overdoing cardio...

My cardio can range from 45-50 Minutes Flat Treadmill Running( 5.5 MPH) EOD

Last edited:

Exactly.

How do we know the Perfect Electrolyte Balance ?

Do we need to supplement with Sodium?

Do we need 1G , 4G or Even 5G of Sodium a day?

Im not eating any processed foods at all and only spring water(Minimal sodium)

Is is better to Be Over the High side of Sodium And Drinking More Water Then depleted?

Last edited:
Ok, I'm getting really confused here, so here goes with some (perhaps) stupid questions:

I've always thought that Sodium should be lower than Potassium. My daily intake as of right now (offseason nevertheless) is 2.6g Sodium and 4.5g of Potassium (maybe a little too high?).

Now I read an article on BB.com that says, first of all, that Sodium should be higher than Potassium (isn't too much sodium bad for your blood pressure? and wouldn't that just make you look smooth?) ....

[quote from article: "Excessive potassium will also stimulate Aldosterone. Don't add potassium in amounts that place it higher than sodium intake.]

and second of all that the RDA for Potassium is only 1.6-2.0g/day... in my country the RDI for Potassium is 3.5g for the average male.... and the RDI for Sodium is 2.0g (lower!)

That's completely opposite of what the article says. To my understanding, Potassium is important for muscle function and strength too... and eating that little (only 1.6-2g) would seem to me to be detrimental to gains?

Ok, I'm getting really confused here, so here goes with some (perhaps) stupid questions:

I've always thought that Sodium should be lower than Potassium. My daily intake as of right now (offseason nevertheless) is 2.6g Sodium and 4.5g of Potassium (maybe a little too high?).

Now I read an article on BB.com that says, first of all, that Sodium should be higher than Potassium (isn't too much sodium bad for your blood pressure? and wouldn't that just make you look smooth?) ....

[quote from article: "Excessive potassium will also stimulate Aldosterone. Don't add potassium in amounts that place it higher than sodium intake.]

and second of all that the RDA for Potassium is only 1.6-2.0g/day... in my country the RDI for Potassium is 3.5g for the average male.... and the RDI for Sodium is 2.0g (lower!)

That's completely opposite of what the article says. To my understanding, Potassium is important for muscle function and strength too... and eating that little (only 1.6-2g) would seem to me to be detrimental to gains?
RDI= Recommended daily intake
RDA= Recommended daily allowance. In either case the word recommended is used. This is used as a base reference for the general population and a healthy allowance of these vitamins and minerals. Are they too low, well depends on who we are talking about. If you are the average guy that works and does little activity then the rdi rda will keep you in a healthy range. If you are a hard working, hard training body builder then chance are the rdi rda is too low for your purposes. So it is not that confusing, only complicated to know how much is too much. How much sodium for yu would be too much? how little potassium is too low? No one here can give you an answer to this. You need to have specific tests done to determine hydration levels and electrolyte levels. Then you will know what you are low on. Most of us through years of trial and error know what we can get away with. But it is an individual thing, so there is not one answer to fit the question here.

RDI= Recommended daily intake
RDA= Recommended daily allowance. In either case the word recommended is used. This is used as a base reference for the general population and a healthy allowance of these vitamins and minerals. Are they too low, well depends on who we are talking about. If you are the average guy that works and does little activity then the rdi rda will keep you in a healthy range. If you are a hard working, hard training body builder then chance are the rdi rda is too low for your purposes. So it is not that confusing, only complicated to know how much is too much. How much sodium for yu would be too much? how little potassium is too low? No one here can give you an answer to this. You need to have specific tests done to determine hydration levels and electrolyte levels. Then you will know what you are low on. Most of us through years of trial and error know what we can get away with. But it is an individual thing, so there is not one answer to fit the question here.
its great to see you around old fella.

big matt, try to listen to your body if you cant get a test done. if you are cramping up you need more potassium and sodium, also if you sweat alot. if you dont sweat much and everyone else around you is then you are probably dehydrated. i actually take salt tablets in the summer because i work in the elements. if i dont then i feel like im gonna lock up and die. i have tried fixing it via diet, but its tough when humidity is high

as for bloat, i think that is going to depend on climate where you are. you will have to experiment and find the perfect balance to keep off excess bloat. if you dont give yourself enough water then your body will hold on to as much as it can to survive. like old fella said , everyone is different. find "your" happy medium as the seasons change.

Some Examples.

Thank you

I understand your motivation in asking this, and I think you got your answer, but my advice to you is to test these questions on your self. Don't do 1-5, but play with your sodium/potassium/water levels. I have used so much trial and error on my self I know EXACTLY how much sodium to consume, when to drop it, when to add potassium, when to add water, and when to reintroduce sodium to peak. For me as long a the diet is the same it works the same every time.

Also if you practice peak remember you cannot really "peak" too often, and you need to be low body fat. I also would continue research or seek guidance from a trainer to look for a base to test first.

Thank you everyone for your anwers, i appreciate it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws