over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poundage limits at Gyms?

golds in myrtle beach have a sign with a list of rules of which 2 are

no powerlifting
no deadlifting

What?? the one in the north is owned by Mike V IFBB pro and the one near Broadway is pure bodybuilding, pics everywhere and enough 45 plates to sink a tanker.

two signs in my gym. first one please rack your wieghts when your done. new one just added a few weeks ago. if your not strong enough to rack your own wieghts dont lift em or ask one of the girls to rack them for you.:D there are a few big guys that go in the gym i go into. the guy that owns it likes the power lifters, and body builders as long as we come at off peak hours. alot of elderly people that go in there. so he just makes sure all the elderly are trained in the morning as oposed to the afternoon and later evening hours.

NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE BUT THE LADY AT GOLDS IN ORLANDO OFF 436 I BELIEVE TALKED ME OUT OF TRAINING THERE SO I WENT TO WORLDS DOWN THE STREET...BTW BY FAR THEMOST HARDCORE GYM IVE EVER TRAINED AT IS GAINESVILLE GYM DOWN THE STREET FROM UF FCKN CRAZY GYM STRICTLY FOR THE HARDCORE

Gainesville Gym is nuts...definitely old school. noone puts anything away though, its a bit ridiculous, but for like 14 bucks a month, cant really complain.

WOW in NJ

I used to work for this gym years ago.. One day the 130 to 150 lb dumbells were gone.. I asked someone in upper management what happened to the heavy dumbells and he said the company does not want to promote that kind of image... I was like what type of image?? Heavy lifting?? They said the type of people who lift those heavy weights.. I said "People like me?" He walked away.. They also made an employee who competes.. take down all his bodybuilding related posters from his office.. I find it ironic, when a bunch of the VP's/Directors of the company at that time, used to compete..

One of the best gyms I ever trained in besided the one I now own was my best mates gym at his house. He converted his two and a half car garage into his gym. There was more iron in this gym than most commercial gyms I have seen and this was a home setup. A lot of equipment we built for our purposes, like a smith machine that was friggin awesome, bought an old leg press and converted it into a hack squat/ leg press combo machine that was killer, he even had 100lb plates!!! Now there's something you do not see in gyms these days. Had some homemade dumbells that were like 200lbs, OMG talk about heavy!! Needless to say he was about the only one that used those. Just passing them up to him was ridiculous. Back then I could one arm row those suckers but that was about all. He had one sign and one only........it read.......................put your towel on the bench and your weights in the racks! That was it. Trust me, you did not want him telling you to put your shit away!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA he was a very large man 6' 2" and weighed just over 300 rock solid!!

This is why I quit lifting in a commercial gym a long time ago. It's unfortunate that there are very few hardcore gyms for people to join. You basically have to create your own in a garage or basement.

PB

My gym is open 24hrs. So there is no real squat rack or bench press. I have all the equipment at my house. I basically use the gym for cardio for my girl and cables.

I easily max out the "leg press machine and squat machine".

I was once told not to grunt so loud becuse I was "scaring all of the ladies"!

Now I only go during non-business hours ( after 7pm) so no one can tell me they are scared.

I felt like saying "If there are scared now, wait till I pull down my pants!":cool:

Quote from OldFella: "he even had 100lb plates!!! "

A girl came up to me last week and asked "Why is that 45 bigger than the rest?":D

my gym has 100lb plates and noone until yesterday cared about what you did. one new employee dicided to come up and ask me to stop deadlifting because i was going to break the bars....lmfao...there was 405 on the bar! after realizing she was retarted i went about deadlifting. she called the owner not knowing he is a friend of mine. she got fired! theres only a couple of rules at my gym...rach your weights, use a towel, and generally keep the place clean. other than that your good to go... oh they just got 180 lb dumbells in.

What?? the one in the north is owned by Mike V IFBB pro and the one near Broadway is pure bodybuilding, pics everywhere and enough 45 plates to sink a tanker.

the one in north, could have been when it was still a worlds. but i swear there was this big sign with a list of rules up. was awhile ago. i actually got shit-faced with the manager from north golds when i was down there last year at a sevendust concert at house of blues, i was supposed to meet up with him the next day to do back but he bought me so many red bull and vodkas that i had a hangover from hell the next day and didnt make it, lol. awesome time.

my gym has 100lb plates and noone until yesterday cared about what you did. one new employee dicided to come up and ask me to stop deadlifting because i was going to break the bars....lmfao...there was 405 on the bar! after realizing she was retarted i went about deadlifting. she called the owner not knowing he is a friend of mine. she got fired! theres only a couple of rules at my gym...rach your weights, use a towel, and generally keep the place clean. other than that your good to go... oh they just got 180 lb dumbells in.

You fuckin bully........................that poor girl was only looking after the equipment you were about to break...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is classic. "she got fired the next day" LMAO.........obviuosly time for a career change! LOL

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws