over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power blocks

Has anyone tried these? Do you like the feel? I appreciate any input you have
I've have the Gold's Gym version. I like them but they are getting old and worn out. The Power Blocks look bulky. I was looking into replacing mine, researching several brands, since the virus hit the price for them has skyrocketed.

I've have the Gold's Gym version. I like them but they are getting old and worn out. The Power Blocks look bulky. I was looking into replacing mine, researching several brands, since the virus hit the price for them has skyrocketed.
Pros and cons
The bowflex is really long

Has anyone tried these? Do you like the feel? I appreciate any input you have
I have two sets of powerblocks. One set I've upgraded to 90lbs and another set upgraded to 70lbs. One set is for me, the other set if for my wife. They allow for adjusts of 2.5lbs but I only adjust in 5lb increments because if only one "slug" is used, they will be out of balance but other than that, I love them.

Don't wear a watch using them. I got my watch caught inside the DB trying to set it down and twisted my wrist bad after benching.

They look like boom boxes. Some people love them though I guess.

I've had mine for several years. Picked up the 90lb set with the add one that take them up to 130lbs each. They aren't bad until you put the heaviest add on block. Then they are pretty awkward. It's more of a balance issue because they are long.
I got mine plus the stand for $500 on Craigslist. For a full set of hex 5 to 100's was at least triple that. Plus they only take up about 3square feet of space. In my opinion the pros far outweigh the cons.

I've had mine for several years. Picked up the 90lb set with the add one that take them up to 130lbs each. They aren't bad until you put the heaviest add on block. Then they are pretty awkward. It's more of a balance issue because they are long.
I got mine plus the stand for $500 on Craigslist. For a full set of hex 5 to 100's was at least triple that. Plus they only take up about 3square feet of space. In my opinion the pros far outweigh the cons.

I love my DB rack but it does take up a lot of space.

Bowflex 552 are long making some exercises difficult

i've only used the Powerblocks but the Ironmasters are what i'd buy given the choice between the two. They seem to resemble a dumbbell more.

I sold my u-90 powerblocks on craigslist. They are impossible to use with straps as the handle is rubber and the frame makes it impossible to feed the strap around the rubber.

I use my olympic plate db handles now and i prefer them.

I got 90lbs with a 130lb upgrade. Yes they are kinda big but in reality I believe having it that way just helps create even more use of stabilizing muscles. Therefore makes it even better at increasing functional strength. I only felt awkward with there size for about a week or two max. Had the 90s for a year or two and then upgraded to the 130 (rarely use the extra) about 10 years ago? Remember I had them in junior college and that's been over 10 years. They still work great, I keep them indoors.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws