over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power Rack Deads

hyper

Registered
I just tried them....I really liked them. I get so damn sore in my Hams and Glutes when I do to the floor deadlifts! Then it is hard to hit your legs.

But this took the focus off my Hams and Glutes and stressed my middle back and traps...right where I wanted to hit them.

For guys that do not know how to do these...get into a power rack, put the pin about knee level and pull from there....

That's exactly what I do if I'm doing deads for back, cause If I do them from the floor, my legs get wrecked and I can't work them on leg day. Good shit.

Glad you like'em bro.

I'll have to give 'em a try. I was going to start doing deads again (do wonders for my back development) but hated having them destroy my hams :D

xcel

I also use them all the time. love 'em. I get better results using partials and my legs don't get trashed, so i can still do squats.

Dont you find them a little odd? When I try to pick the weight up, becuase its a little higher my knees get in the way.

def. hear ya jimbo, just do what feels right

the are the BEST for adding mid-back muscle. talk about soreness for the next few days!

also, be sure to try and pull your shoulders back a bit at the top to really hit your upper back/trap area.

i do them with a pronated, not alternating, grip. it's easy to develop a lop-sided back otherwise, which happened to me.

If your knees get in the way, set the pins a notch or 2 higher. An important key to remember is that you will most likely need to go heavier on off-the-rack deads than with off-the-floor, probably around 50-75lbs heavier at least.

Thanks for the advice Pusher.....I do not know why I have never thought of that before?!?!?!

Are these similar to quarter deads?
I do quarter dead where I go only partially down, but extend up fully.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I'm hitting full range deads on back day; 20 rep squats on leg day, four days later; and back to deads on back day, four to five days after that. 3 days after each workout, I'm pretty well healed. I dunno, I guess I just like the feeling of pulling the weight directly off the floor, rather than from a point suspended in the air.

I friggin love em!!!! They are the core of my back bulk excercises. I hit usually 4-5 sets, real heavy then hit some T-Bar Rows, followed my some one arm dumbell rows. It will cash a back fast. I have always used the alternating grip, I just change the grip for every set. I have had great results with this. If anyone else has ideas be sure to post them, im always looking for something new.

Mako

Im a stubborn old fart, but I think Im gonna try these next back workout! I dont do deadlifts and always feel like I should. So this will definately hit the spot.

deads. really dead

Man the first time LATS showed me how to do these, I was freakin` nausous for two days I was sooooo sore. Everyone is right though, go heavy and rotate your shoulders back at the end. Since I started doing them I am getting stronger in all my lifts.
PEACE

i have been hitting 1/4 deads for a while now. i think they are tops in lower back thickness. we are not all like ronnie, nor are we all powerlifters who can do staright deads. we dont want to develop a blocky waist to ruin our symmetry. so i think 1/4 deads(off power rack) are the choice of bodybuilders!

To Everyone

I would think that if your goal was to develop lower back strength and thickness, you'd want to go with HEAVY good mornings or russian deadlifts. You'd be surprised at how fast your lower back gets stronger with good mornings. Although I suppose if partial deads work best for you, you should go with it. Just don't forget to try GMs.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws