over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power Rack/Power Cage

rAJJIN

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Do any of you guys Own one Or maybe could recomend
A good Place a guy could purchase one online...Ive looked in my area and theres nothing.. ID be Willing to Travel and pick it up or Pay the shipping On one But Id like to know what Exactly Im wanting and looking for....
Something I could fit in My Garage.

Raj

i'll find the link later where i bought mine.

i have one made by powerteck. i like it. you can get power racks anywhere though

has real nice chin up grip built onto it and angled dip pars that you have attach.

good investment. you can do alot of exercises with with them. Plus sometimes i think its good that you don't have access to all the fancy gym equipments. makes you focus more on the meat and potatoe exercises.

rAJJIN said:
Do any of you guys Own one Or maybe could recomend
A good Place a guy could purchase one online...Ive looked in my area and theres nothing.. ID be Willing to Travel and pick it up or Pay the shipping On one But Id like to know what Exactly Im wanting and looking for....
Something I could fit in My Garage.
Holla at me over @ GF I know a guy from Bolex that is on MM now that runs a few fitness supply stores and he'll give you a discount he's in NJ.
I got one from one such store 5 years ago and it rocks..it was under $300 too. Bodysolid I think.

Sometimes you can find damn good deals on that kind of stuff on ebay.

Go to a metal fabrication shop and have them make you one to your dimensions.

Check youse PM's Raj. :D

Not to change the subject but did any one here happen to see at the arnold classic the power rack they had set up in the front? That was the shit! Not only did glide with ease but it also moved on parallel bars aswell. It was one of the best feeling smiths/power rack i have ever seen.

Massive G said:
Holla at me over @ GF I know a guy from Bolex that is on MM now that runs a few fitness supply stores and he'll give you a discount he's in NJ.
I got one from one such store 5 years ago and it rocks..it was under $300 too. Bodysolid I think.

Thanks MG!
Man Im startin to feel like I Owe you!! Youve been a Huge help for me latley
On a number of things, I greatly appreciate it.
Ill deffinatley look into it.

Big Ed said:
Not to change the subject but did any one here happen to see at the arnold classic the power rack they had set up in the front? That was the shit! Not only did glide with ease but it also moved on parallel bars aswell. It was one of the best feeling smiths/power rack i have ever seen.

Your Not changing it at all BigEd..thats what Im looking for,Info on whats out there, whos using or Used what kinds etc.
That sounds very interesting But Im sure also very expensive??
Do you remember what it was Or where one could see pics or look into it more?

If you had to choose would It be the free Rack Or the Smith/style?

here is the hammer strength one/

**broken link removed**

`

What Im leanin towards so far is Just the Free rack (Non smith/version)
A heavy duty one though with the pullup bar and Im also interested In the
Plate loaded Lat attatchments..Idealy Id like to have the Upper and lower pulley and A pretty solid one Not something thatll be Flimsy or rickety...
Sure as hell not standard..It has to be the Olympic size.

I love to own that Hammer Strength Olympic Duty Half Rack. That puppy is sweet. I wonder what the price is on that.

If cost is no object, check out Elitefts.com , they have some serious racks, otherwise Newyork or Midwestbarbell, inexpensive but decent.

I'll second the racks at Elite Fitness Systems. I own one and it is the most durable and versatile rack I've ever used. www.elitefts.com .

PB

Big Ed

I did see that rack set-up at the Arnold. It was sweet, but I knew it would be uneconomical for an in-home setup for most people.
Raj, I liked the Ironmaster one! I already got the super bench and really like that. I'll have to check it out when the release the rack for the public.
A buddy of mine was telling me about a power rack where the bar actually hangs on a cable at each end. It is counter wt'd and there is some kind of sensor that when you leave go of the bar, it locks in place in the air. It was pretty economical too I think. He said the bar was free hanging on the cables and you could even easily do curls and such with it. I'll dbl check with him to see what it was.

rAJJIN said:
If you had to choose would It be the free Rack Or the Smith/style?

Definetely free weight!
The body's biomechanics are made to move in an arc, not straight line like a smith forces you to do.

If you have a power rack (free weight) adjustable bench, olympic bar/plates and full dumbell sets, what else do you need?

hey rajj, i just got a old style squat rack, 45 degree pinned racks with spotter base, i literally asked my gym owner if i could buy it, he said take it, its takin up space, lol
but that HS looks solid as hell, i may even invest in that myself
frk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner