over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power racks...

cal

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Dioes anyone have one in a home gym? If so what kind and how do you like it..?

been thinking about a home gym more of as a supplement than to replace the gym....

If your only looking to supplement, get a bench, some heavy dumb bells or power blocks an Olympic bar an plates. You can do a lot with just that

I've got the York barbell rack in my basement gym, and I absolutely love it. Very sturdy and well made, and fantastic for working out solo...

Dioes anyone have one in a home gym? If so what kind and how do you like it..?

been thinking about a home gym more of as a supplement than to replace the gym....

Rogue R3 is the best power rack you will find. Its awesome. I need to find a shorter one thou because I wanna put it in my basement. But rogue makes the best and its the best bang for your buck as well. 1 inch holes so you can spot your bench perfectly.

Rogue R3 is the best power rack you will find. Its awesome. I need to find a shorter one thou because I wanna put it in my basement. But rogue makes the best and its the best bang for your buck as well. 1 inch holes so you can spot your bench perfectly.

The R3 is a great rack for the price, but its one downside is that it has to be bolted down, also it only has one inch hole spacing in the bench area of the rack ( westside spacing ) the rest of the rack is 2 inches.

Yea but that one inch while spacing is awesome. At westside they bolt it down to plywood. I did that and It's perfect. I actually got carried away and stacked it too high. 2 pieces high is plenty.

Plus bands and matador dip attachment I really wish I didn't have to get rid IMF mine.
Any ideas on how I can get something very similar with 1 inch bench holes and bands but shorter?

I love mine and built it myself.

It also has T-Bar Row and an Upper Pulley.

Attachments

• 6-8-2012b.jpg
    6-8-2012b.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 296
Rogue seem good but if you want to really use and abuse a rack then check what other features it has.

I've got a watsons which is identical to an elite fts rack and there awesome. Dipping bar attachments and a monkey bar thick bar chinning attachment.

Also peg holes for band and chain work.

You get what you pay for however I would also check second hand for some bargains

Yea but that one inch while spacing is awesome. At westside they bolt it down to plywood. I did that and It's perfect. I actually got carried away and stacked it too high. 2 pieces high is plenty.
Plus bands and matador dip attachment I really wish I didn't have to get rid IMF mine.
Any ideas on how I can get something very similar with 1 inch bench holes and bands but shorter?

Give Texas Strength Systems a look at, excellent equipment and they have some used stuff as well. Shipping for a rack is roughly two and a half bills, but that is to be expected.​

OP, if just starting out, try Craigslist, I picked up a decent half-rack and smith from there, good luck!

~ Gusto

I bought all my stuff from New York Barbell online and I am pleased with everything. I got this rack: POWER RACKS Not expensive at all.

The only thing I got that I am not totally happy with is the bench I use in the cage, its too high off the ground even for me and im 6 foot tall. When I use it I am not able to totally lay my feet flat and level on the ground easily. Otherwise the bench is awesome, its built very well and quite heavy.

I need something short, that has band pegs.

I bought all my stuff from New York Barbell online and I am pleased with everything. I got this rack: POWER RACKS Not expensive at all.

The only thing I got that I am not totally happy with is the bench I use in the cage, its too high off the ground even for me and im 6 foot tall. When I use it I am not able to totally lay my feet flat and level on the ground easily. Otherwise the bench is awesome, its built very well and quite heavy.

My rouge flat bench was under 200 and it feels better than the ones at NYSC. Incline benches usually suck unless you shell out serious money.

I love mine and built it myself.

It also has T-Bar Row and an Upper Pulley.

I was about to ask if anyone had built their own, this one looks great by the way. Thats what I was planning on doing once I have enough room

I've had a Body Solid Power Rack for some years now. I use it all the time, even for my pull ups. Not built like the R3 but for the price I think is good. cragislist is definitely your friend.

The r3 looks nice. Wonder if the rm line is worthwhile... seems like mostly the difference is the gauge tubing. The one in middle and two inch everywhere else seems about as good as I gets. The racks with three or more not all that great ESP for benching. Like the band pegs and the dip attachment. Wonder how stable the dip stand is...

My rouge flat bench was under 200 and it feels better than the ones at NYSC. Incline benches usually suck unless you shell out serious money.

Yeah crazy the incline benches of similar quality seems three times price of flat. Half the price of the actual r3 rack

Rogue equipment is complete crap, I have personally installed and used Rogue power racks, they are decent, but definitely not even CLOSE to top of the line (not commercial quality), and grossly overpriced.

I have never seen anything liked more than the R3. You have probably seen some really nice racks but my R3 is way nicer than the racks in commercial gyms. It's not fancy but it delivers the best work out for me. I have never been to a legit power lifting gym so maybe I am ignorant to what really nice racks are like. But racks with no pegs and with 3 inch hole spacing, make it really hard or impossible to use bands or spot yourself on bench.
IMO elite Is way overpriced.
I am in the market for a short rack, so please point me in the right direction??

I forgot the height, have to measure. I am selling my R3 cause it takes up too much of my garage in NYC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity