over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

powerlifter vs. bodybuilder

I've never been aware of much problem between the 2 disciplines. Both have a few egomaniacal ass muffins in them, but most of us respect each other. It takes a special kind of crazy to do either one at a high level.
A lot of powerlifters have crossed over to BB due to injury, myself included. I love BB. It is a different kind challenge, with the diet etc, but I'm glad I have an outlet for my need to lift and be competitive. If I could, though, I'd still be lifting HEAVY weight. It has always been my primary lifting obsession.
Now, if someone asks how much I bench press, I say "A lot" and quickly change the subject to the first pretty woman that walks by.

I've never been aware of much problem between the 2 disciplines. Both have a few egomaniacal ass muffins in them, but most of us respect each other. It takes a special kind of crazy to do either one at a high level.
A lot of powerlifters have crossed over to BB due to injury, myself included. I love BB. It is a different kind challenge, with the diet etc, but I'm glad I have an outlet for my need to lift and be competitive. If I could, though, I'd still be lifting HEAVY weight. It has always been my primary lifting obsession.
Now, if someone asks how much I bench press, I say "A lot" and quickly change the subject to the first pretty woman that walks by.

LOL

A little OT but........

But one of the funniest things I've ever seen was a group of PLs sitting up close toward the stage at a BB contest and they all had big bags of Burger King. They were making a big show out of slowly unwrapping their Whoppers and eating them in front of these BBs who looked like they were about to drop from being so dried out and shredded.........Good times from way back in the '80's.............:)

But one of the funniest things I've ever seen was a group of PLs sitting up close toward the stage at a BB contest and they all had big bags of Burger King. They were making a big show out of slowly unwrapping their Whoppers and eating them in front of these BBs who looked like they were about to drop from being so dried out and shredded.........Good times from way back in the '80's.............:)

LOL

I think the main reason people choose to be bodybuilders or powerlifters comes down to their diet. Those who can control their diet become bodybuilders, and those who can't choose to be powerlifters. Atleast in my case this applies, i'm sure this isn't true for everyone though.

I think the main reason people choose to be bodybuilders or powerlifters comes down to their diet. Those who can control their diet become bodybuilders, and those who can't choose to be powerlifters. Atleast in my case this applies, i'm sure this isn't true for everyone though.

More like genetics than diet. Little joints and narrow waists don't make for an elite power lifter. While a powerlifter can certainly be ripped, an elite powerlifters physique is not even close to that of a professional bodybuilder and strongmen take this to a whole different level. 400 pound, 6' 5" guys that can walk around with over a thousand pounds on their back don't look like the x-man.

The deciding factor for me was I had the most fun when I moved heavy stuff in the gym.

it's funny cuz you got some heavily muscled bodybuilders who are relatively weak for thier size and some powerlifters who don't appear any more athletic than a weekend golfer yet can move huge iron. then you got some powerlifters who could easily just walk onto a bodybuilding stage and hold thier own and some bodybuilders who could total very well in a power meet. me....i like to train with light to moderate weight and lie about my poundages LOL!!
This is what we all do as we get old.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity