over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prayers for our Houston brothers

Lived there and surrounding area for 27 years. I know what your are going through...Katrina, Ike, etc. Prayers. For once not missing home so much.

BN

Unlike some of the other areas, we have had around 20" of rain since Saturday afternoon. The winds are still blowing around 20-30mph and the rain is still coming down. We had a long break last night and the creek about 1 mile from us went down. I walked outside during a rain break about 1am and water was 1/2 way up my drive way. Our home is elevated maybe 10' above the street. This morning the creek was 2.3' below banks so it had run off some and the street in front of my house has drained. There is absolutely no way out of here. Every major freeway in the area and all streets getting to them are closed, I-10, Beltway 8, 290 on this side are all closed. The fucking gym has been closed for 3 days too. We still have power, we are dry but getting a little stir crazy from being locked inside for so long. My job gave me off until next Tuesday. While this is not the worst it has ever been, it may end up being in the next 2 days. Some places are predicted to get over 50" of water. There are homes close to us that have water midway up their windows. Looks like many areas have received over 26" of rain in 24 hours.

We have people showing up from all over the state with boats and jet skis to help with rescues. The over 1000 members of the Cajun Navy showed up from Louisiana. All of these people do stuff like this out of the goodness of their hearts. Over 3000 Texas National Guard will be here today. Members of law enforcement, HPD, Sheriffs, Constables DPS, fire, and US Coast Guard are all risking their lives in some pretty dramatic rescues in some bad weather. It doesn't matter what race or nationality people are here everyone has joined together to help. Money is already being raised for people in need,the Red Cross is here providing shelter, clothing and food along with donations from those who can get out with supplies.

I survived the Great Floood of 2016 here in 2016 - it wil be miserable and very challenging man. BUT -you CAN AND WILL coime back...

I lost well ove rover 6 figures - and for a while that really had me FD up.... I had saced / inevested for years and was just about to build my dream home - but dude now looking back it was the BEST thing that ever happened to me!!!...

I will pray / meditate for you guys.... YOU will come through

I'm in Houston as well, house is safe, just some water on the streets, power was out for a few hours.

I've never seen the city like this, every single business is closed even in areas that are not flooding. Not a single restaurant or gym open

The airport is shutdown till Wednesday-Thursday at least, over 5000 flights canceled so far.

getting worried because I have a very important flight on Friday morning.

For some people this is the 2nd or 3rd time getting flooded in the last 2 years, two 500 year floods back to back

Stay safe out their brothers! Hopefully this is over soon. God bless

hey guys Chester high and dry as well. im 40 miles north of houston and live on a lake. my new condo is way up on a hill so no water in my place. inlaws-not in good shape as water enters their house from the lake. im actually in west texas working but glad the wife is safe back home. i couldnt even make it home if i tried! stay safe and dry fellow rednecks....

Unlike some of the other areas, we have had around 20" of rain since Saturday afternoon. The winds are still blowing around 20-30mph and the rain is still coming down. We had a long break last night and the creek about 1 mile from us went down. I walked outside during a rain break about 1am and water was 1/2 way up my drive way. Our home is elevated maybe 10' above the street. This morning the creek was 2.3' below banks so it had run off some and the street in front of my house has drained. There is absolutely no way out of here. Every major freeway in the area and all streets getting to them are closed, I-10, Beltway 8, 290 on this side are all closed. The fucking gym has been closed for 3 days too. We still have power, we are dry but getting a little stir crazy from being locked inside for so long. My job gave me off until next Tuesday. While this is not the worst it has ever been, it may end up being in the next 2 days. Some places are predicted to get over 50" of water. There are homes close to us that have water midway up their windows. Looks like many areas have received over 26" of rain in 24 hours.

I feel for you guys, I hope everything stops soon, you'll be in my thoughts/prayers...but I had to LOL at what I bolded above. The gym being closed sounds like the thing you're most upset about...true gym rat detected :D

cant understand why major cities dont have bettet drainage systems in place. especially cities that sit at around sea level. saw that in new orleans that 14 leves were still broken.

houston and southern texas will be in prayers

I've been following this on the news. Hope you guys get some relief soon.

We have people showing up from all over the state with boats and jet skis to help with rescues. The over 1000 members of the Cajun Navy showed up from Louisiana. All of these people do stuff like this out of the goodness of their hearts. Over 3000 Texas National Guard will be here today. Members of law enforcement, HPD, Sheriffs, Constables DPS, fire, and US Coast Guard are all risking their lives in some pretty dramatic rescues in some bad weather. It doesn't matter what race or nationality people are here everyone has joined together to help. Money is already being raised for people in need,the Red Cross is here providing shelter, clothing and food along with donations from those who can get out with supplies.

me too, so far no water in house, electricity is still on, it just flickered a couple of times, but we are stuck here, roads on all sides of us are flooded and closed.

I survived the Great Floood of 2016 here in 2016 - it wil be miserable and very challenging man. BUT -you CAN AND WILL coime back...

I lost well ove rover 6 figures - and for a while that really had me FD up.... I had saced / inevested for years and was just about to build my dream home - but dude now looking back it was the BEST thing that ever happened to me!!!...

I will pray / meditate for you guys.... YOU will come through

sure, that will solve everything.
fuck. how bout putting yr faith in a REAL cross.
the RED CROSS. donate money.
so funny, praying to a "god" that causes shit in the first place. isaiah 45-7.

sure, that will solve everything.
fuck. how bout putting yr faith in a REAL cross.
the RED CROSS. donate money.
so funny, praying to a "god" that causes shit in the first place. isaiah 45-7.

how about you try not starting shit

cant understand why major cities dont have bettet drainage systems in place.

Houston's drainage is designed to handle 100 year floods, and the system handles those well,

this is a record breaking 800 year flood.

You can't comprehend how much water that is, it is impossible to drain that much without flooding, it takes water 24-36 hours to flow from north Houston into the bay.

Getting close to 50" of rainfall since Saturday morning, it would flood even if you had a mile wide drainage channel right down the middle of Houston

Houston's drainage is designed to handle 100 year floods, and the system handles those well,

You can't comprehend how much water that is, it is impossible to drain that much without flooding, it takes water 24-36 hours to flow from north Houston into the bay.

Getting close to 50" of rainfall since Saturday morning, it would flood even if you had a mile wide drainage channel right down the middle of Houston

that's it bro, everything flows south, they started releasing water from lake Conroe late last night early this morning

I feel for you guys, I hope everything stops soon, you'll be in my thoughts/prayers...but I had to LOL at what I bolded above. The gym being closed sounds like the thing you're most upset about...true gym rat detected :D

Yep, we have not been to the gym in 3 days now. We are both getting cabin fever.

We are still doing well, but it has rained steady all day. 21" of rain since Saturday evening. We have enough groceries to last until Saturday. Thanks for all the thought and prayers guys. Some looting already going on in the city by some of the thugs here. We have our NO TRESPASSING sign up and guns loaded.

me too, so far no water in house, electricity is still on, it just flickered a couple of times, but we are stuck here, roads on all sides of us are flooded and closed.

Put some pots outside and collect rain water. It is drinkable. Good luck and we will all make it through this. I think we have 1 maybe 2 more days. We will be on the back side when this storm comes back again. The rain won't be as bad just a little wind. It is in the Gulf right now.

Last edited:
I am there too. We are lucky and have only had about 12" of rain. Our street is wet but not standing in water. We could leave but all the freeways are closed so we will just stick this one out like I have the past 28 tropical storms and hurricanes I have been though in my life. If it makes you feel better there have been 4 other tropical storms than have created 40+inches, in a much shorter period of time. Its not fun but we will make it.

I don't know if you have power but the National Guard is here, more expected tomorrow, FEMA, DHS, DPS and the US Coast Guard. I know I don't know you but if you need help and can't get it please PM me and I will make phone calls from my end. Remember you can rain water is not too bad. Just take some pots and let them fill up. Don't use the runoff from the house. If you have electricity you can boil the runoff for 30 minutes and it should be good.

We don't dare get out but I have seen some pictures that are just unreal, 12' of water under overpasses, street signs completely covered. Bayous way out of banks. Seems it is the NW and West parts of Harris country are much better off than the rest, though we have had some tornadoes hit out here. Even local Channel 11 is off air as they got flooded out, never seen that before.

Got quite a few friends in Dickson, not good out there. So goes, if you can't get help and need it PM me. We are high and dry on the opposite part of Harris Country. Got power, water, phones and TV.
Thanks Big Tex! I appreciate that...hopefully it won't get any worse bro!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Big Tex! I appreciate that...hopefully it won't get any worse bro!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You are welcome! I never knew there was some many of us here. Hope we can all get together some time and meet or workout. Good luck out there and let us all know how you come out.

The big problem is that in 1980 the Army Corps of Engineers did a study on the problems in Houston and they said lots of changes needed to be made to the infrastructure or we would have problems. We are at or just above sea level, much of the city is built around Buffalo Bayou, our soil is clay so the ground doesn't absorb water well, plus drainage systems and pipers were getting old. Not good in a city that get lots of rain. Not to mention since 1980 well over a million people moved in to Houston and businesses have increased drastically. So what was a problem in 1980 is a major issue in 2017. We pay a huge tax for the Harris Country flood district and I know Houston has their own flood tax. Nothing is being done to correct the problems. So 5" of rain cause lots of flood damage and we get 5" almost every time it rains. This is what happens when you don't spend money of infrastructure and in stead wast it on stadiums and parks around Buffalo Bayou that food and have to be repaired ever summer.

In case you guys don't know, Harris Country is 1,777 sq miles. It takes over an hour in no traffic to drive from one end to the other. Most of this is flooded including All the counties surrounding Harris county (Galveston, Chambers. Brazoria, Montgomery and Ft Bends) and those north. Doesn't even include the counties where the storm hit. The Houston-Galveston metro area there are almost 6.7 million people alone. So a huge amount of people have been affected as well and several thousand square miles of property.

Last edited:
times like this when everyone helps each other makes you realize we live in the best country in the world, by far

if this is true.....hope this guy drowns in this flood...

:cool:

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic