over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prayers for our Houston brothers

if this is true.....hope this guy drowns in this flood...

:cool:

**broken link removed**

Last year someone stole 600k from a safe there after a Sunday service, word is that is their weekly donations take. All that guy cares about is money and hes a good entertainer/story teller

Hes worth close to $60 million, and doesn't help at all

Last edited:
if this is true.....hope this guy drowns in this flood...

:cool:

**broken link removed**

Absolutely true Tenny. The good reverend bout the Summit from the Rockets and it is now a church. No surprise, times like these bring out people's true character. He will have Lakewood open Sunday asking for money. It kind of like Katy Perry making comments about how badly she feels. Go fuck your self Katy Perry, we don't need your pity. This is a strong city filled with lost of good people. People like Joel Olstein will pay. We will pick up their pieces and make this city even stronger. People here of all colors, religions etc have come together and are helping each other. Despite people like this who are only out to take what they can.

by far the best, no question

Agreed bro and I have traveled the world. I am also a duel citizen of Argentina by marriage and own property there with my wife. We just got back. My wife is more than proud to be an American citizen. Nothing wrong with loving the country you live in or the city for than matter. I know some brothers in iron from Russia, they love their country. We love ours too.

By the way, we are up to 26 inches of rain now. Still high and dry but feel like wear on an island. Barker and Addicts reservoirs are over flowing and the damn will have to release water so the levies don't break. Lost of communities to our close south are flooding. We are safe from any danger but 2 miles from here are not. Our post office is also in danger of flooding. All mail is stuck at the north sorting station. Not cool when both of us own internet businesses.

Last edited:
I have a close friend on little John Lane outside downtown houston. He said he is doing well.
My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone impacted by this disaster.

Argumentum ad ignoratiam

Saw this on the news today and found it online. Family has dang fish swimming in their family room! The family has some fun and the dad goes fishin! I don't think I could be like this family a be laughing/having fun. I really respect it though and wish I could be more light hearted like them. I hope you all make it through this ok. I live nowhere near there. I thought about the members on here today and wondered if anyone was going through that hell.

Houston man catches fish in home flooded by Hurricane Harvey. - YouTube

Could laugh or cry. Dude's taking the right road. Prayers sent.

Flood Insurance

You guys that live there, does it seem like most of the people that suffered flooded homes have flood insurance? Regular home owners doesn't cover floods and you have to buy special flood insurance coverage. I am going to guess that a lot don't if the home isn't in a flood plane. Banks don't require flood insurance if the home is not built on a flood plane.

Some people might lose everything. It sounds like the flooding goes way beyond the normal flood boundaries, into areas that aren't flood planes. Today they were talking about how two reservoirs near Huston are over flowing and they worry that they might let go. The said the authorities are starting to let out some of the water to relieve some of the pressure. The water is rising fast. A reporter on fox showed us how the water had moved up about 4 feet across the road in the time he took to set up for the shot, which was about 10 minutes. So before the shot it was on the other side of the double white line on the road and then 10 min later it had moved across that and was approaching a major US interstate there. It looks like that interstate is going to be flooded soon and unusable. As they were filming you could see cars and even an ambulance using the highway, seems like an important route. There was one of those cement walls there separating the road where the reporter was and the interstate, but the water will crest over that.

I hope you guys all have flood insurance. That is something that scares the crap out of me, if our home would ever flood. I looked into it but it was fairly pricey and hard to justify in an area like our that shouldn't flood.

If you have a week of warnings, seeing this Hurricane coming at you and did not leave!!!!
Enough said...

You guys that live there, does it seem like most of the people that suffered flooded homes have flood insurance? Regular home owners doesn't cover floods and you have to buy special flood insurance coverage. I am going to guess that a lot don't if the home isn't in a flood plane. Banks don't require flood insurance if the home is not built on a flood plane.

Some people might lose everything. It sounds like the flooding goes way beyond the normal flood boundaries, into areas that aren't flood planes. Today they were talking about how two reservoirs near Huston are over flowing and they worry that they might let go. The said the authorities are starting to let out some of the water to relieve some of the pressure. The water is rising fast. A reporter on fox showed us how the water had moved up about 4 feet across the road in the time he took to set up for the shot, which was about 10 minutes. So before the shot it was on the other side of the double white line on the road and then 10 min later it had moved across that and was approaching a major US interstate there. It looks like that interstate is going to be flooded soon and unusable. As they were filming you could see cars and even an ambulance using the highway, seems like an important route. There was one of those cement walls there separating the road where the reporter was and the interstate, but the water will crest over that.

I hope you guys all have flood insurance. That is something that scares the crap out of me, if our home would ever flood. I looked into it but it was fairly pricey and hard to justify in an area like our that shouldn't flood.

Most of the people you will see on TV have NO insurance. Those that have mortgages on homes in flood planes are required by law to purchase flood insurance. Those that don't live in a flood plane do not have to buy it.

That area you mention with the two reservoirs, We live about 5 miles from. We got out today and drove for two hours and those area are maybe 10-12 foot under water right now. A friend of ours has a home there and they had the 1st floor completely filled with water when they left and had already lost a new car. North of that are and west is fine. We say stores open and places to eat where we live. I mile to the east of us the National Guard had the roads blocked off and rescues were being done getting all of the residents to a shelter. We have heard military helicopters flying around all night and all today. So we have horrible flooding 1 mile to the east and 3 miles to the south. Nothing to the north and west. We do have insurance but no flood insurance since we don't live in a flood plane. We are very high and dry. There was a big bridge that collapsed on the east side of Houston in the North Shore area. Some roads have washed away and collapsed. All of the lakes north and south of Houston are over flowing and damns close to being compromised. Our friends in the Memorial area close to Buffalo Bayou where the water goes from the two reservoirs have lost their home and a brand new car. They have a pretty good size home and an exclusive area.

Here is a picture of a friend of mine's house in Friendswood. He got out through a rescue and was on the roof.

**broken link removed**

If you have a week of warnings, seeing this Hurricane coming at you and did not leave!!!!
Enough said...

Hey, I agree with you. My wife and I watched this form south of Cancun and started making plans. I know what was going to happen at the worst and we made the decision we would absolutely stay. Even if I knew it was this bad we still would have stayed. Each person has to make that decision because only they know what is best for their family. I have been through 23 of these in my life. My wife had been through about 10. We are old veterans of tropical storms and know what to do. So last Tuesday, we made our decision, stocked up on groceries and gas, batteries and water and sat it out.

We got talked into evacuating in 2005 with Rita and made it maybe 20 miles in 12 hours in the blazing 100 degree heat. No food, no water, no restroom and 1 tank of gas. Nothing was open or had anything left. We never got out of the city limits of Houston and eventually turned around and went back home. 100 people died that day as a direct result of the evacuation. We have 6.7 million people in this area. One person panics and the whole 6.7 are acting like fools. Never more.

Three year later in 2008 we took on Ike, Cat 4 and it went right over our home. Scary, hell yes but, but were are still here. Repaired the damage and kept going. Not many place you can live where there is not some kind of danger. LA, I went through a 5.8 earthquake. NYC a tropical storm, Kansas, tornado alley, Florida....more hurricanes......anywhere north you will freeze your ass off. Pick your poison!

Last edited:
I complain when my Winnebago runs out of Gas...

Most of the people you will see on TV have NO insurance. Those that have mortgages on homes in flood planes are required by law to purchase flood insurance. Those that don't live in a flood plane do not have to buy it.

That area you mention with the two reservoirs, We live about 5 miles from. We got out today and drove for two hours and those area are maybe 10-12 foot under water right now. A friend of ours has a home there and they had the 1st floor completely filled with water when they left and had already lost a new car. North of that are and west is fine. We say stores open and places to eat where we live. I mile to the east of us the National Guard had the roads blocked off and rescues were being done getting all of the residents to a shelter. We have heard military helicopters flying around all night and all today. So we have horrible flooding 1 mile to the east and 3 miles to the south. Nothing to the north and west. We do have insurance but no flood insurance since we don't live in a flood plane. We are very high and dry. There was a big bridge that collapsed on the east side of Houston in the North Shore area. Some roads have washed away and collapsed. All of the lakes north and south of Houston are over flowing and damns close to being compromised. Our friends in the Memorial area close to Buffalo Bayou where the water goes from the two reservoirs have lost their home and a brand new car. They have a pretty good size home and an exclusive area.

Here is a picture of a friend of mine's house in Friendswood. He got out through a rescue and was on the roof.

**broken link removed**

Hey, I agree with you. My wife and I watched this form south of Cancun and started making plans. I know what was going to happen at the worst and we made the decision we would absolutely stay. Even if I knew it was this bad we still would have stayed. Each person has to make that decision because only they know what is best for their family. I have been through 23 of these in my life. My wife had been through about 10. We are old veterans of tropical storms and know what to do. So last Tuesday, we made our decision, stocked up on groceries and gas, batteries and water and sat it out.

We got talked into evacuating in 2005 with Rita and made it maybe 20 miles in 12 hours in the blazing 100 degree heat. No food, no water, no restroom and 1 tank of gas. Nothing was open or had anything left. We never got out of the city limits of Houston and eventually turned around and went back home. 100 people died that day as a direct result of the evacuation. We have 6.7 million people in this area. One person panics and the whole 6.7 are acting like fools. Never more.

Three year later in 2008 we took on Ike, Cat 4 and it went right over our home. Scary, hell yes but, but were are still here. Repaired the damage and kept going. Not many place you can live where there is not some kind of danger. LA, I went through a 5.8 earthquake. NYC a tropical storm, Kansas, tornado alley, Florida....more hurricanes......anywhere north you will freeze your ass off. Pick your poison!
I sent you an email brother, hope all is well.

Yeah, I knew about it being mandatory for a flood plane but a lot of those poor folks affected don't live in one and probably don't have flood insurance. You confirmed my worst fear. Those families will probably be best served filing bankruptcy and renting until they can save up and build up their credit score again. Nobody is going to be able to afford spending $200,000 to fix up their home and at the same time continue paying on their mortgage.

As far as those required to take out the insurance, I didn't know it, but my wife just told me that the federal minimum on flood insurance is only for coverage up to $250,000. If you live in a nice home that has a market value of say $400,000 + there is no way that will be enough to cover your loses. Hopefully those folks took out more coverage.

Happy to hear your home is at a safe elevation. So no way your home will get any flood damage? That would be a good selling point in the future when you eventually have to sell your home!

Floods and cars

Ive never looked close enough at my coverage, but does most car insurance cover damage to your auto caused by floods? I wonder if your friend's car will be covered of if he lost it all. Probably has a nice big loan from the bank on it too. Did you have flood insurance on the house?

Yeah, I knew about it being mandatory for a flood plane but a lot of those poor folks affected don't live in one and probably don't have flood insurance. You confirmed my worst fear. Those families will probably be best served filing bankruptcy and renting until they can save up and build up their credit score again. Nobody is going to be able to afford spending $200,000 to fix up their home and at the same time continue paying on their mortgage.

As far as those required to take out the insurance, I didn't know it, but my wife just told me that the federal minimum on flood insurance is only for coverage up to $250,000. If you live in a nice home that has a market value of say $400,000 + there is no way that will be enough to cover your loses. Hopefully those folks took out more coverage.

Happy to hear your home is at a safe elevation. So no way your home will get any flood damage? That would be a good selling point in the future when you eventually have to sell your home!

I have no idea about what flood insurance covers of does not cover. We chose to build s house in an area that was not on a flood plane just for that reason. I believe it is a minimum of $700/yr extra. That would almost double our insurance costs. Our friends who live south of us have a older home but the price values are high. Their home is probably worth $600K+ The have flood insurance by they are they types that live hand to mouth. He works as an engineer for Chevron and make about $175K/yr but they are in debt up to their asses. I have no idea what they will do. I am sure their new car will be covered under comprehensive insurance. There are a lot of people along Buffalo Bayou that have multi million dollar homes, most of them can probably afford to just rebuild and never feel the effect of the cash they spent. It like the people who build $50 million beach houses on Galveston.

I suppose that $250K limit is pretty high for repairing damage. The carpet or flooring has to go, dry wall and maybe some wood frame and all replaced. I believe there is also a $100K limit on personal contents. So that should help. We do also carry a personal contents policy on top of our homeowners policy to cover jewelry and other expensive items that a regular policy will not pay enough to cover.

Our mortgage company has waived next months payment and Nissan also sent the same email today. But we will pay as we have no damage. I won't say now there is now way but we survived 36 inches. Not sure what 50+ inches would do and who know if that will ever happen.

I do expect after the assbeating insurance companies will take over this, our homeowners insurance will greatly increase. I looked at the flood coverage today and about 1/3 of the state is flooded to some extent. One of our cars is paid off so we only have liability, the other car is paid in a year and I will just have liability on that one too. So if they got damaged I would take a loss. Just have to buy new cars.

This is all just a lesson in life, save as much money as you can all your life. Yo never know what kind of a disaster will happen that you will need money. I have done without most of my life because I felt more comfortable having money in the bank. Most people I know have good jobs, no money in the bank and severely in dept. I couldn't sleep at night.

Our friends just told us that FEMA is going to cover a month in a hotel, but finding a hotel in Texas is going to be hard.

Last edited:
Day 6 here. Most grocery stores are out of food or have limited quantities as and shipments go fast. We are running out of gas as the major refineries have closed. This will affect the who USA soon and Texas is expected to be out of gas by the weekend. We also have a chemical plant that is on fire and could explode.

Here is a picture of what it looks like in my neighborhood today. This is all to the east and south of us with a few blocks. Aoo f the reservoirs finally over flowed and this is the result.

This is about 2 miles South of us. That is a road they are trying to cross.

**broken link removed**

A community to the east of us maybe a mile:

**broken link removed**

Same community

**broken link removed**

One of the streets

**broken link removed**

A gated community ironically called the Lakes of N. Eldridge 2 miles from us

**broken link removed**

Here is the road we take to our post office,, thanks for the warning

**broken link removed**

This rescue is going on blocks from us

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Water came in within inches of my house, started rising on Tuesday morning after all the rain stopped. Was going up at about 1" per hour for 24-36 Hours and then finally receded just as I started barricading the doors.

Have been stuck in the house since Saturday, today is the first day I can drive out of the neighborhood

Only homes located in 100 year flood plane are required to have flood insurance by the banks. My home is in a 800 year flood place and this area has never seen water. This is now being rated as a 1000 year flood meaning there is only .01 change that it will happen on any given year.

Cars are covered from flooding as long as you have comprehensive coverage

Water came in within inches of my house, started rising on Tuesday morning after all the rain stopped. Was going up at about 1" per hour for 24-36 Hours and then finally receded just as I started barricading the doors.

Have been stuck in the house since Saturday, today is the first day I can drive out of the neighborhood

Only homes located in 100 year flood plane are required to have flood insurance by the banks. My home is in a 800 year flood place and this area has never seen water. This is now being rated as a 1000 year flood meaning there is only .01 change that it will happen on any given year.

Cars are covered from flooding as long as you have comprehensive coverage

Didn't homes way outside of the 100 year flood plane get flooded badly there? Seems like there will be a lot of people that may lose everything unless the feds bail them out. Just terrible.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws