over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre and post workout cardio meals

football101

Registered
Im just wondering what would be the best thing to eat before and after a cardio session if your trying to burn fat? I probably wouldn't be doing cardio before or after my regular workouts and would do it on my off days or a few hours after my weight lifting sessions so i have more energy.Wanted to know the best meals to eat or if it really mattered.I know what to eat before and after workouts and was not sure if you treat cardio the same way in terms of what you eat if your doing it separately from weight lifting.

Depends on what kind of cardio you are doing.

If its Liss then just your regular meal after would be fine. If its something like HIIT then a meal with carbs in it should suffice.

Don't know the best scenario, but now doing am session empty stomach (45min walking) then cream of rice, egg whites, 2 whole post. Another 45min pm with fish/veggies pre and post. I am already very lean, started 2 sessions week ago and I am getting leaner ed. I am on test/tren/winny/tbol and 300g protein so muscle loss is impossible

Hope all is doing well brother.
To me the best cardio protocol for fat burning is first thing on empty stomachj, high intensity ,short intervals (30 minutes max), then wait at least 1 hr for next meal and consume just protein , no carbs till 2nd meal after cardio.
This will keep your metabolism sped up therefore intensifying the fat burning effect.
Give it a shot for 4 weeks ,you will be pleasantly surprised.
If you can squeeze another short interval in afternoon it works even better.
God bless you. minister.

Nothing before cardio
whey/casein and coconut oil post cardio

No carbs directly after. I'd wait 90 minutes, just in case.

Nothing before cardio
whey/casein and coconut oil post cardio

No carbs directly after. I'd wait 90 minutes, just in case.

Not a bad idea but gluconeogenesis will occur from the protein powder. I'd drink liquid egg whites or eat eggs probably with some bacon or avocado.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Im just wondering what would be the best thing to eat before and after a cardio session if your trying to burn fat? I probably wouldn't be doing cardio before or after my regular workouts and would do it on my off days or a few hours after my weight lifting sessions so i have more energy.Wanted to know the best meals to eat or if it really mattered.I know what to eat before and after workouts and was not sure if you treat cardio the same way in terms of what you eat if your doing it separately from weight lifting.

Unless your already real lean I wouldn't worry about the details. Just eat you normal macros and just use the cardio to help set up a deficit. I've done fasted, post workout after carbs and protein it all works. Even if your full of carbs when you do it you still create an energy deficit that has to be paid back later on in the day. If your real lean and attacking stubborn body fat then think about the details, if not don't worry

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I personally feel that I get better results keeping carbs out of post-cardio meals. I like to have a protein fat meal with eggs, turkey breast ground and avocado or lean beef with some coconut oil.

I also prefer to either do cardio in the AM on an empty stomach or after not eating for about 3 hours.

I know some research shows that it does not matter whether you are in a fasted or fed state, but this just seems to suit me well.

Not a bad idea but gluconeogenesis will occur from the protein powder. I'd drink liquid egg whites or eat eggs probably with some bacon or avocado.

I'm pretty sure any idea that involves bacon is a good one :headbang:

I'm pretty sure any idea that involves bacon is a good one :headbang:

You ever read The Anabolic Diet? lol "Meal 1: 4 fried eggs, 2 tbsp butter and 4 slices of bacon"

What on earth is gluconeogenesis lol

Hey Knight9 I was curious why would gluconeogenisis happen with protein powder and not eggs? What about egg albumin powder?

Hey Knight9 I was curious why would gluconeogenisis happen with protein powder and not eggs? What about egg albumin powder?

Knight probably knows more about this, but it is my understanding that large bolus doses of whey protein (high in leucine and other BCAAs) have a hyperinsulinemic effect and because they are absorbed so rapidly, a portion of the protein contributes to gluconeogenisis and releases glucose into the bloodstream. For these reasons you want something requires more digestive activity so it is not absorbed as quickly, releasing glucose and elevating insulin levels.

I think it's the leucine / insulin trigger. If the amount of whey or casein is small, say half a scoop and combined with coconut oil, I would not expect too much.

Right now, I'm doing AM cardio on an empty stomach. 60 minutes of cardio on an inclined treadmill with a 30lb weight vest on. Just walking between 3-3.5 mph, nothing crazy. I'll wait 30-60 minutes and have 6-8 oz of chicken breast, a boiled egg or two, 1 oz of almonds, and 1-2 cups of broccoli. 2 1/2 hours later the same meal. The only time I eat carbs are before and after weight training. This is the leanest I've ever been in my life.

Right now, I'm doing AM cardio on an empty stomach. 60 minutes of cardio on an inclined treadmill with a 30lb weight vest on. Just walking between 3-3.5 mph, nothing crazy. I'll wait 30-60 minutes and have 6-8 oz of chicken breast, a boiled egg or two, 1 oz of almonds, and 1-2 cups of broccoli. 2 1/2 hours later the same meal. The only time I eat carbs are before and after weight training. This is the leanest I've ever been in my life.

Yea, i bet you are lean. Sounds brutal what your doing but you get out what you put in:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity