over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-Contest Diet Critique

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Since we've got a boatlaod of top-level competitors here :) - I thought I'd post this to get some feedback. I'm 15 weeks out now.

I really don't know what happened in the last 4 weeks - last week of burst then 3-week cruise. My cycle was 1g TNE + 30mg dbol ED (& letrozole of course). When I just got my BF checked, I was down about 6 lbs overall - lost 8 lbs muscle and gained 2 lbs fat!!!!!!! - WTF All I can figure is that I gained water and that accounts for the muscle gain. I SHOULD HAVE LOST FAT THOUGH, NOT GAINED IT! I was following wylde's suggestions but it consisted of WAY MORE carbs than I felt comfortable with.

Unfortunately. at my age, I just don't metabolize carbs as when I was younger. I didn't question wylde's diet as it's very similar to what I dieted on when I competed before - but that was 15 years ago!

Let me know what you think about "this" diet.

xcel

Attachments

• diet0203.gif
    diet0203.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 418
Notice that "most carbs are taken right after workout. My 7:00 Meal ends up being "no more than" 1 hour after I workout and as soon as 1/2 hour.

The nutritional info was right off the can of salmon, which is CHEAP - $0.99 a can!

Most of my "other" carbs are incidental or are from vegetables, which would be mainly fiber.

xcel

id move ur taining to later in the day so u follow more of a swole/animalbolics cutting routine, do cardio in the morning over lifting. again, cla, and fish oil caps will make a huge difference, post workout id use r-ala.

and although that salmon can is cheap as ive seen it in places does it have bones as that is the problem i keep runing into

Mr_Magoo said:
id move ur taining to later in the day so u follow more of a swole/animalbolics cutting routine, do cardio in the morning over lifting. again, cla, and fish oil caps will make a huge difference, post workout id use r-ala.

and although that salmon can is cheap as ive seen it in places does it have bones as that is the problem i keep runing into
There's too many "variables" and morning works best for me.

I've got CLA that should be in the mail. I'll take 4g doses - at what meals do you suggest I it other than 7:00 AM meal?

Since it's all cooked (pressure), bones are "soft" and edible, but I remove them. What's problematic with them?!?

xcel

Just an observation.

12.5 hours a day you don't eat any food.

Last meal at 5:30PM next meal 6AM

Any possibility this is causing your metabolism to slow down?

my experiences

My experience has taught me not to try and overanalyze. Do exactly as wylde has suggested and trust that your nutritionist will guide you in the right direction. I cut back way to early on my carbs and I ended up losing muscle and becoming too flat. Hindsight is a bitch. Take in more carbs and like Crowler stated, it could also be the 12 hours without food.

xcelbeyond said:

There's too many "variables" and morning works best for me.

I've got CLA that should be in the mail. I'll take 4g doses - at what meals do you suggest I it other than 7:00 AM meal?

Since it's all cooked (pressure), bones are "soft" and edible, but I remove them. What's problematic with them?!?

xcel
nothing wrong with the salmon like that i was just curious if u found a cheap source of canned salmon that had bones removed, thats it.

i actually would recomend a 2-4 gram dose with ur postworkout meal with 2-3 g fish oil over the flax ur using, then 4 g with meal 2, 3,5,7, also throw some more healthy fish oils into ur diet

Hey X

Hit me with a PM with your email in it so I can take a look at what kinda of AAS and supps + have you ever heard of the ZERO yes I said ZERO carbs method without loosing an ounce of muscle. If you have not confer with Kiwi and BIG A to confirm what I will let you in about. The only thing is though you have to be using specific AAS to go this route.
:eek:

why dont u let us all know, r u trying to say that people cant get really ripped without carbs and hence lose muscle or r u saying there is an actual way to get ripped with no carbs and not lose muscle, if so, could it be the use of insulin with super high protein intakes like rea and starr advocate?

Mr_Magoo said:
why dont u let us all know, r u trying to say that people cant get really ripped without carbs and hence lose muscle or r u saying there is an actual way to get ripped with no carbs and not lose muscle, if so, could it be the use of insulin with super high protein intakes like rea and starr advocate?

Yea yea what ^^^^^^^^ he said.

Holding out as always hun? Spill the "Top Secret".

not holding out

It's just that I am hesitant to give out specifications on methods that some people may get ill from. I'll give you a hint though it includes T3/GH/Insulin combo and BTW Crowler I still do not advocate the use of insulin as the body makes plenty if you know how to manipulate it thats what I mean when I say insulin.

Why am I saying that to Crowler just staying " consistent" and busting his balls a little:D

Re: not holding out

Fathead said:
It's just that I am hesitant to give out specifications on methods that some people may get ill from. I'll give you a hint though it includes T3/GH/Insulin combo and BTW Crowler I still do not advocate the use of insulin as the body makes plenty if you know how to manipulate it thats what I mean when I say insulin.

Why am I saying that to Crowler just staying " consistent" and busting his balls a little:D

HA HA HA took me a while to understand.

I'll do a cross search and make sure you NEVER said anything even remotely different to your statements today. :) j/k

I am not familiar with high fat diets but i am sure that if you get all this fat and carbs, you will get more bf, that is what happend to you.
Di Pascuales diet have less carbs and it supose to work, but i will never try it.
I now a lot of guys that only take 50 gr of carbs a day, i beleave in this diets becouse this guys always look ripped to the bone, but i never going to try this diets again, i like to have a big, healthy and density shape, and i love slim and gh, and if you are running a low carb diet you can use slim and you will have a lot of hipoglicemic problems using gh, even if you use t3 you will loose more muscle with a low carb diet.
I like low carbs diet 15 days before the show: 10 days to carb depletion without training and then eat a lot of carbs for 5 days with diuretics, that is a good way to look real density and huge, and beleveme it feels very good, some times i dont have to warm up to compete....
I think you have to reprogramate your diet.
and remember........
.....There is no space for the littles!!!!!!!
Bigheinz

Last edited:
Mr_Magoo said:
i actually would recomend a 2-4 gram dose with ur postworkout meal with 2-3 g fish oil over the flax ur using, then 4 g with meal 2, 3,5,7, also throw some more healthy fish oils into ur diet
Thnx for responses.

Magoo - what type/brand of fish oil do you suggest?

Fathead - you got "e-mail"

xcel

I would add at least 1 more solid protein meal in there. I do feel you need to have some carbs in there and the 150grams ( off top head ) is fine at this stage of your diet. I personally have never been one to add fats into my diet that is not contained in the food eaten but doesn't mean doesn't work. Then again if you were not taking these extra fats before you started your diet then this could account for the extra fat.

BIGKIWI said:
Then again if you were not taking these extra fats before you started your diet then this could account for the extra fat.
The only "extra" fat I was taking was milled flax, which was not "new fat" added to diet setup by wylde (when I gained fat). The diet I posted is my "new" diet.

My "normal" daily routine consists of going to bed at 8:00 PM and getting up at 4:00 AM (gotta take care of injections before I work out). So if I add another meal, should it be just meat or another whey protein isolate drink - about 40g protein. It would seem if I add this meal then I could drop the "olive oil" from diet as overall calorie-count is starting to get up there?

xcel

Last edited:
arghh ok, I would still say add the extra meal in there drop the olive oil but I would still make it a solid protein meal no carbs.

xcelbeyond said:

Thnx for responses.

Magoo - what type/brand of fish oil do you suggest?

Fathead - you got "e-mail"

xcel
i get mine from kilosports.com

I just got a sh*tload of CLA - will keep everyone posted.

Fathead?!?!?

xcel

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear