Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
pre-contest help!!!

bigmag

pre-contest help!!!
alright fella's....as you already might know I"m going to compete in the Lone Star Classic in two weeks. I'm trying to put my last two weeks together, but I"m not sure on exactly how I should do it. I have 10cc's of prop. left (50mg), plenty of nolv. and some aldactone and 1cc of 50mg injectable lasix for my diruetic. I'm new at this so I'm not sure when I should cut out the prop. and begin the aldactone. I'm also not to sure about when to start cutting out my sodium. I was planning on dropping it down in a couple of days so I will have it really low on the last week. I've already increased my water intake to 2 gallons each day so my body will get used to not holding the water. Let me know your thoughts and past experiences....any advice is appreciated!!!

Last edited by bigmag on 05-18-2002 at 05:41 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-18-2002 05:32 PM

Mr. Joshua

I suggest cutting the prop out a week before your show. You're not really going to get anything else by keeping it the last week. If you're 2 weeks out, use your prop @ 100mg EOD. For the last week, use your Aldactone 5 or 6 days out @ 50 or 100mg/day. Because it spares potassium, unlike Lasix, it it much safer, but requires longer-term use. You'll have to see about your water retention, if much, the night before the show. If you have no experience w/ Lasix, only take 20-25mg the night before the show, if at all, since your already have Aldactone. If needed take the other 20 or so mg of Lasix the following morning. Good luck w/ your show.

05-19-2002 01:26 PM

MAINEVENT

pre contest help
I would first search wyldeone's posts over at the renegade on the diuretic use and also Big A's on this board as he talks about using inj. lasix the night before.

Since I have just did two shows and tried two different approaches I can only tell you what worked for me. I would cut the prop a week out while using 100mgs eod up until then as Mr. Joshua recommended. I would keep my water intake at 2 gallons per day from sun through Thursday, then 1/2 to 2/3 gallon on friday with no more after 5pm but only sipping when needed throughout. I would not completely cut it out even on saturday but limit water intake to 20 oz throughout the day. I would highly recommend keeping your salt intake constant but adding a little to your food (assuming its not already sodium loaded) and only cut back a little on thursday and friday. Do not cut out completely or else you will end up flat as shit.

From my two approaches I would do something like this next time. Start my carb depletion on Sunday at 100g, Mon and Tue at 50g and 25g to 0 on Wednesday. Then carb up a little on Thursday at 100-150g then the same on Friday up until 10 pm. Assuming your already tight and dry I would then start shitloading with sugar/fat foods every 2 hours. Then wake up start your day off with an omelette and pancakes with syrup and butter in the early morning. Then every 2 hours have about 50 grams of sugary foods. Stop about 2 hours before you go on stage so you wont get sick and throw up. 2 hours before have a carbo force with 20g creatine and 20g glutamine. Sit back relax until its time to pump up.

As far as the diurectics go I would start Mon at 25 mgs at night then Tue 25mgs 9am and 5pm then Wed thru Sat. 50 mgs at 9 am and 9 pm. If you dont have to, dont use the lasix but if needed I believe 50mgs Friday night. Do use a multi vitamin as wyldeone recommends and dont cut your sodium or else from all the water loss you'll end of flat. Hope that helps.

05-19-2002 10:54 PM

bigmag

Thanks alot!!!
I really appreciate your help guys.....I was kinda starting to panic to be completely honest.

05-20-2002 02:50 AM

MAINEVENT

dont panic
Whatever you do dont panic and try and start changing things around and second guessing yourself. I think you can sabatoge your condition more by stress than by not doing something exactly right. Stay calm, go with your original plan and whatever happens happens.

05-20-2002 10:54 AM

bigmag

How should I regulate my potassium and sodium with the aldactone...I know that it is potasium sparing but shouldn't I keep my sodium levels fairly high also so I don't fuck up my electrolytes? How much sodium and how much potassium should I be getting from my food and supplements?

05-20-2002 02:51 PM

wyldeone

Stay on a multi-mineral to keep your electrolyte balance the aldactone will not do anything short of help your body's aldasterone levels stabilize and use the demedex to pull the sub. q. water also switch to distilled water the last week! I can outline it for you if you like but i would stay away from inj. lasix if at all possible. best wishes wyldeone.

05-21-2002 11:08 PM

Maxintense

wyldeone, i got a show in 10 days. could you pm me an outline?

05-22-2002 11:06 AM

bigmag

wyldeone
could you post an outline for me or pm one to me. I'm not sure on the exact amount of it to use and exactly how to cut my water out!!!
I'm also trying to decide what to eat the night before the show, the morning before the show, and between the pre-judging and night show along with how much water I should take in.

Last edited by bigmag on 05-22-2002 at 01:48 PM

05-22-2002 12:52 PM

MAINEVENT

outline
I hope I dont step on wylde's toes but since he's a pretty busy guy I thought I would let you know what he emailed me. Water should be 2 gallons Sun through Wed, 1 gal on Thurs and .5 gal on Friday which is cut out by 5pm. Sip only throughout Friday and Saturday. Carb deplete Mon, Tue and Wed. Start carb up on Thusday 100-125g only from sweet pot's, red pot's, yellow finish and oatmeal. Friday only 125-150. Friday night if your dry eat 2-3 rice cakes with jelly about every 3 hours starting at 10 pm. Saturday have 6 oz eye of round, stack of pancakes with butter and syrup. 2 hours before stepping on stage have a carbo force with 20g creatine and 20 g glutamine. Eat chicken and a sweet potato in between. I did this for my first show and was very dry but I also ate a protein/low carb bar every hour b/w pre and night show.

For my 2nd show I follow the same but at 10 pm friday night I shitloaded (chocolate chip muffins, couple doughnuts and couple slices of pizza. Saturday I woke up had some pop tarts, nutter butters then had my morning meal of omelette and pancakes. Ate a couple brownies every hour up until prejudging then had 4 oz red wine 15 min before stage. Was not as ripped but Im sure thats because with the extra shit food I sipped on a little too much water. Next time I will definitely not sip water while doing this and eat even more. Still had seperated hamstrings and striated glutes and low back. Was bigger and fuller but slightly not as sharp (again because of the water). Had a 8 oz steak and loaded baked potato for b/w meal. Then had some more sweets 1 hour before stage. Got a better placing and felt better. Next time I will modify and come in even fuller and more seperated-just got to figure it out to a T first.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131