over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre contest hunger issues

bd868484

Registered
Im 3 weeks out and I am just starving for food. Im 95% where I need to be. I have just been eat extra protein and veggies if I just cant take the hunger. Would this be ok or will this impede fat loss to much.

Be careful. Remeber, it's calories consumed vs. calories burned when it comes to shedding bodyfat. My best advice are to do a few things that help keep your stomach full. If you are eating oatmeal at any meal during the day, add extra water, it will help keep you full. Eat some sugar free jello, it's just flavored water, but it tastes good and will fill up your stomach for a little while. And finally, and don't take this personally, suck it up! lol. This is part of it. This is where you separate those who have the absolute will to follow through with their plan and those who break and come in second. It's tough, and will get tougher and never gets easier. Take your mind off it, go do something. Your worst enemy now is boredom, it will make you think endlessly about food. Good luck with everything bro and let us know how you did.

Extra fiber will also help. Eating a big bowl of spinach after your protein source should help tide you over some.

Take your mind off it, go do something. Your worst enemy now is boredom, it will make you think endlessly about food.

Good post. Boredom is a good point because if I stay busy it helps me keep my mind off the hunger. If I'm bored around the house at night, I feel like I can eat my hand off. :banghead:

BD, only three more weeks bro. You got this. Good luck.

yea i just need someone to tell me to not eat. I am doing my prep myself nobody is helping me supporting me etc. Which is fine but harder in the end when things are getting very tough. Its just hardest at night just wanting to eat. I am adding spinach to me egg white/turkey combo at breakfast and bedtime meal. Also have been experiencing severe gas and stomach bloating from eating to much fiber/veggies lol its pretty bad.

Black coffee, hot tea, diet snapple, diet sodas, crytal light, diet flavored sparkling waters.

Carbonation helps a lot... the bubbles fill your stomach.

Remember your goals... picture your competition and who will cave first...

Hey bro, have you competed before? It seems to get easier to deal with each time...easier not better...especially if you get your tail handed to you on stage for being out of shape...remember if it were easy everybody would do it...you don't have much longer!

There's no easy way to get lean in my experience. Hunger, obsession, depression. I would think you'd be fine with a bit more chicken and veggies. If you feel better afterward, do some cardio.

EDIT: Also, I'm strangely a very good responder to Hernon's yellow haze and the anti-hunger properties it has. So I would recommend that. I was able to go down to 1200 cals + two cardio sessions a day with that. Gave me disgusting burps though.

Last edited:
Black coffee, hot tea, diet snapple, diet sodas, crytal light, diet flavored sparkling waters.

Carbonation helps a lot... the bubbles fill your stomach.

Remember your goals... picture your competition and who will cave first...

:yeahthat:
that is EXACTLY how to do it. think about your competition.
-JS

thanks for the support. I am having a high carb day1.5g/lb/bw following 3 days of lower carbs and I believe its whats making me just want to eat at times. Not necessarily bad food. I mean I could eat more broccoli just want it. Im also at 3 40min cardio sessions a day and my metabolism is through the roof. Suprisingly holding my weight at 217-220. I tell some people(you know the ones in the gym that annoy you and ask you bout stupid shit) that I weight 240 shredded and they believe me so I guess thats a good thing. Looking bigger then you weigh.

yea i just need someone to tell me to not eat. I am doing my prep myself nobody is helping me supporting me etc. Which is fine but harder in the end when things are getting very tough. Its just hardest at night just wanting to eat. I am adding spinach to me egg white/turkey combo at breakfast and bedtime meal. Also have been experiencing severe gas and stomach bloating from eating to much fiber/veggies lol its pretty bad.

Bullshit! We are all supporting you 100%! What ever you need, we are here for you. Post it, send anyone a PM, if any of us lived by you I'm sure they'd be right there for ya.

I'm REALLY impressed by anyone that can successfully do their own prep. I'm afraid if I tried it, every few nights I'd be saying "Man I'm looking flat....I think I'm losing muscle....better get a pizza!" It takes an incredible amount of discipline to complete a contest prep.....but following orders is one thing.......trying to be objective with yourself is totally different. Shelby mentioned some good ways to get by. I sipped hot tea constantly and ate a whole pack of Trident Layers every day. Good luck bro stay strong your almost there!!!!

The hungry feeling is the feeling of you getting leaner, it's like the pain in the biceps when you are curling, attempt to enjoy it. This mindset helps me.

again thanks for the support. I woke up this am with striated glutes. They were coming in but this am could finally notice them more. Still watery because salt and water are very high but vascularity is thru the roof. Ill try and post some decent pics. I dont really have anyone to take them for me lol so I never can take any. You guys support has helped me stay stricter. Did I mention I have been dieting for about 20 weeks maybe more. Had the exact date stored in my phone but got erased somehow.

idk how this pic will show up its very low quality and cant see any detail sry

Attachments

• IMG00018-20100930-1504.jpg
    IMG00018-20100930-1504.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 463
let me see what this one looks like. Its hard to see but I am very vascular. In the bi pic my arms chest abs even are veiny

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 702
Looking good

Looking good bro. Glad you shared the pictures. Little over 2 weeks now. 20 weeks of strict dieting takes a lot of determination. No need to mess it up now.

Looking pretty lean. 9-11% or so. Well done, stay focused.

U think? I guess kinda hard to tell from the pic, but he looks pretty f'in lean to me. If glutes are striated then for sure <5% . Anyway, you look good bro. And veins through quads....well thats sick....something I always wanted more of. Go get #1!!!!!!

theres NO way to tell from these pics what his bf% is

quads look good though from what i can see from the shitty pic

2 weeks to go.....you should be a zombie by now
and going out of your fucking mind

awesome aint it??:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear