over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-contest screw ups

02z06

Registered
Good evening everyone! I'm curious to hear some of your biggest pre contest struggles/mistakes.

What's prompting this is today for some reason I've been ridiculously hungry- so ended up going over my protein by about 50 grams..I felt like a possessed person..I figure if I'm going to go overboard on Anything that would be the macro to do it on.

I'm about 6 weeks out from my second competiton. For some reason the hunger aspect has been much more challenging this time around.

Good evening everyone! I'm curious to hear some of your biggest pre contest struggles/mistakes.

What's prompting this is today for some reason I've been ridiculously hungry- so ended up going over my protein by about 50 grams..I felt like a possessed person..I figure if I'm going to go overboard on Anything that would be the macro to do it on.

I'm about 6 weeks out from my second competiton. For some reason the hunger aspect has been much more challenging this time around.

I'm a newer competitor but I don't think going over one day 6 weeks out is gonna make or break you . NOt saying its a god thing but not the end of prep

the biggest thing I think ive read is not being ready early or making Huge changes during the last week , either your ready or not . no carb,salt or water manipulation is going to save you if your not lean enough

its a hard process with sacrifices ( hunger sometimes) if it was easy everyone would do it

tanning bed about 10mins too long...4 days before.

started peeling the day before the show.....protan and peeling
sunburnt skin DO NOT mix.

:cool:

Happened to some guy this weekend.... was white as fuck... sat on the beach too long.... burnt and peeling... tan was a disaster.....

Another thing I saw this weekend..... guys pumping WAYYYY to early (actually working out)... getting all sweaty... tan dripping before even stepping on...

I personally "eat when hungry" and have always had excellent results. if you are starving I thin your diet is wrong. I mean you should never feel satisfied but shouldn't be starving imo. I know those SOUND like 2 different things but they aren't.
EDIT: oh and my biggest mistake was carbing up way too much for my first show.
-F2S

Last edited:
I personally "eat when hungry" and have always had excellent results. if you are starving I thin your diet is wrong. I mean you should never feel satisfied but shouldn't be starving imo. I know those SOUND like 2 different things but they aren't.
EDIT: oh and my biggest mistake was carbing up way too much for my first show.
-F2S

I have never competed but had great results with this ideology - eating when hungry

i think phil hernon promoted that as well

I have to think that the Pro-Tan burned like a mofo on the freshly burned skin too!

I have to think that the Pro-Tan burned like a mofo on the freshly burned skin too!

it did alittle.....it looked like skin colored camo....lol.

prejudging sucked, but i was able to talk a half a can of dreamtan
into my possession before the night show...lol

Not using the right tan/not being dark enough, if the contest has a company doing tans fork up the cash and get it done profesionally

I would probably make sure your posing is on point and the best it can possibly be. Conditioning won't mean shit if you can't pose right. I've seen people who should have won take 5th bc they pose shitty. Aside from that, don't over do the carbs, there's a fine line in carbing up and spilling over. Too many people ruin their entire look by carbing up too much and looked better two days prior to the show.
Next, smile to the judges always and wear the look of confidence. If your proud of the look you brought to the stage then show them and own the stage with confidence but don't be cocky.
I could go all day with do's and dont's but these are Just a couple thoughts I see way too often.
Good luck!

Nice comments guys!

I've been hitting the posing hard, and I've got the tanning lined up for the competition.

Definitely excited to hit this competition & see where I've landed over the last 2.5 years. I believe I'll be about 15lbs heavier once it's all said & done which makes me extremely happy.

My biggest one was trusting a diet that I shouldn't have for way too long and not getting into good enough shape for my show. Was not happy, but at the end of the day it was my fault for not speaking up when I knew the plan wasn't working.

don't over eat an hour before to get that pump, You don't want to look bloated before stage.
Don't pump up for an hour

Trusting my prep to a friend and competitor who was never in better shape than me, even at his best.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws