over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-digested protein during workout stimulates muscle growth

NY Beast

Registered
Consuming small quantities of protein during a weight workout increases the protein production in your muscles, write researchers from the University of Maastricht, the Netherlands, in the American Journal of Physiology.

The researchers got ten young test subjects to do a whole body weight-workout. During the training session the athletes were given something to drink every 15 minutes.

The composition of the drink varied. On one occasion the athletes were given 0.15 g sugars per kg bodyweight per hour. [CHO] Half of this consisted of glucose sugars, and the other half maltodextrin.

On the other occasion the athletes were given proteins in addition. [CHO+PRO] The subjects were given 0.15 g PeptoPro per kg bodyweight per hour on top of the sugars. PeptoPro is a hydrolysed protein that the body absorbs ultra fast.

What's interesting about the Dutch study is that the test subjects trained at the end of the day, so they had already eaten. Their meals were composed of 60 percent carbohydrates, 14 percent protein and 26 percent fat. In studies like this the researchers usually get their subjects to train on an empty stomach. As a result, most studies on the effects of protein before or after training say little about real-life situations.

The researchers discovered that ingesting protein during the training session enhances muscle tissue build up.

eiwittijdens.gif

The breakdown of protein in the body is 8 percent lower in the CHO+PRO group, and protein production is 33 percent higher.

The researchers are not sure exactly how the protein supplementation causes this effect. Ingesting normal protein before training stimulates muscle build up because the protein means the muscles have more amino acids available after the training. The muscle cells need that protein for recovery. But PeptoPro – which consists of fragments of protein chains composed of two or three amino acids - enters the bloodstream almost immediately. So maybe it's worth making sure that there's an increased supply of amino acids to the muscles during a training session. The scientists suspect that this enhances the growth stimulus of the workout.

"Even in a fed state, protein co-ingestion prior to and during resistance type exercise improves whole-body protein balance and stimulates muscle protein synthesis during exercise", the researchers conclude. "Protein co-ingestion prior to and during resistance type exercise might be advocated to further improve skeletal muscle reconditioning during resistance-type exercise training."

Source:
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;295(1):E70-7.
Pre-digested protein during workout stimulates muscle growth

Cool to see some science backing up all that hard earned $ spent on my intra workout nutrition...

Thanks JM!

So once again the mountaindog was right. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

So once again the mountaindog was right. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Anyone who ever doubted that he's usually onto something just needs to check out a couple of his pics - It's quite apparent JM knows a thing or three...

I started doing 1 scoop (25g) of Isolate in with my pre workout and I swear its helping. Never done that ever and I swear I'm seeing new results after 6 weeks.

bcaas are pre digested and take like 3 minutes to reach blood plasma or something like that verses whey takes like 15 minutes to to same effect

bcaas are pre digested and take like 3 minutes to reach blood plasma or something like that verses whey takes like 15 minutes to to same effect

so you can just drink a whey shake before your workout and skip the overpriced fancy intra peptopro stuff.
:rolleyes:

honestly the way the study is presented makes it completely useless.

"What's interesting about the Dutch study is that the test subjects trained at the end of the day, so they had already eaten"

wow. a meal is digested within 2-3 hours.
if they had their last meal at 5pm and worked out at 8pm they were not even in fed state.
plus
"fed state" as they describe it in the study means nothing... no macro breakdown, no information given, just "fed state"...

the study essentially says that eating protein vs not eating protein makes you gain more muscle... no shit :banghead:
all other information is missing
it is a mere comparison of carbs vs carbs+protein
wow, so you gain more muscle by eating carbs+protein vs carbs alone...
what a revelation.

additionally, simple whey shake pre workout wouldve most likely achieved the exact same results as the peptopro protocol...

Last edited:
They were eating meals that consisted of 14 percent protein.
When adding extra protein to their diet they got better results.
Revolutionary.

Oh, I see the naysayers have arrived.

Some of you guys need to learn what pre-digested protein consists of. That doesn't mean drinking a whey shake pre or pre and post. Thought it will work, it's not optimal/optimized.

Pepto pro + fast carbs + slin + suspension all timed to hit during workout has done wonders for me....im slowly learning how to grow with very minimal fat gain using this protocol and keeping carbs low to non-existant during the rest of the day and off days

Study was done by the makers of peptopro. Would like to see Third party research. This is coming from someone who has been doing intra for years so I know it works. I would like to see more science,

Pepto pro + fast carbs + slin + suspension all timed to hit during workout has done wonders for me....im slowly learning how to grow with very minimal fat gain using this protocol and keeping carbs low to non-existant during the rest of the day and off days
That an a timed oral is the bees knees.

I don't see the difference between something like whey and pre-digested protein. Either way you are still getting the essential and non-essential amino aids at a quick rate.

They were eating meals that consisted of 14 percent protein.
When adding extra protein to their diet they got better results.
Revolutionary.

smart ass hahaha! I think eating at least 30%+ protein and eating around the clock (always having influx of amino available for use) that this study would prove not as impressive.

If your using slin pre workout sure. If not just eat pre and post workout like all the other guys who got huge and ripped over the last fifty years did. Save your money for an extra bottle of test or some more chicken breasts you'll get farther.

It's the guys who don't have it that are always wasting there time and money chasing the little things when you have the top guys here telling you it's about the basics.

If your using slin pre workout sure. If not just eat pre and post workout like all the other guys who got huge and ripped over the last fifty years did. Save your money for an extra bottle of test or some more chicken breasts you'll get farther.

It's the guys who don't have it that are always wasting there time and money chasing the little things when you have the top guys here telling you it's about the basics.
Just because something might work better with slin does not mean it won't work without slin. Don't be close minded. In case you haven't noticed, guys are bigger and there are more big guys in the last 50 years.

Just because something might work better with slin does not mean it won't work without slin. Don't be close minded. In case you haven't noticed, guys are bigger and there are more big guys in the last 50 years.

thats not because of peptopro though. :rolleyes:

thats what hes saying.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member