advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pre/intra shakes with post work out slin?

bruiser

Banned
If one were to do slin post work out only, should they still do a pre/ and intra work out shake?

obviously a post slin protocol will be happening.

If one were to do slin post work out only, should they still do a pre/ and intra work out shake?

Yes, you still need to feed your body protein during a workout. I prefer to eat an hour before my workout, but if I can't I will drink a shake right before I leave for the gym.

I'd personally rather eat prior to a workout too, and have loaded glycogen from the previous day. I like to let my body experience natural peaks and troughs which I think are important to take advantage of. I.e. let the body use stored glycogen during a workout, ramp up GLUT4, insulin sensitivity, growth factor expression, etc following the workout, and then eat big post workout.

There is logical merit to the idea of delivering nutrients to the muscle when maximal blood flow is reaching them...but from experimenting, I'm not sure that's the entire picture.

For instance, regardless of how predigested or easily absorbed something is, if most blood flow is directed away from the stomach, then it will still hinder absorption - which is something I experienced.

Also, research shows that the lactic acid buildup and general processes that the body puts forth during a workout to break down fat and glycogen (hopefully not much protein) for energy, oppose those systems that align to store nutrients and rebuild. One is actually somewhat insulin insensitive while training.

Intra workout nutrition would in theory create parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system competition, which is what I experienced (sluggish, shitty pump, low energy - got worse with the more substrate I tried consuming intra workout).

That's not to say the method doesn't work for some. Clearly it does.

Adonis:

If I understand you correctly you prefer PWO slin instead of pre with the pre- intra and pwo shake?

I hate science, the deeper you go the more confusing it gets.

Are you using Humalog? It certainly would not hurt to have nutrients in your system prior to the insulin administration. You still must have a drink after your shot to cover the insulin though.

Adonis:

If I understand you correctly you prefer PWO slin instead of pre with the pre- intra and pwo shake?

I hate science, the deeper you go the more confusing it gets.

If I were to use pre workout slin again, I'd probably try it at a small dose like 5iu (humulin) and only cover it with some amino's..unless I feel hypo, then I'd have a gatorade on hand. I would do this simply to blunt the catabolic effects of training on muscle protein.

Post workout is when I have had better results using insulin for size (mostly glycogen supercomp), but this assumes that I'm also taking GH so that my IGF-1 levels are higher (less fat gain from insulin).

Insulin is somewhat useless for me unless I'm taking a good amount of GH. too much fat gain otherwise. Not a big fan of it in general though.

Are you using Humalog? It certainly would not hurt to have nutrients in your system prior to the insulin administration. You still must have a drink after your shot to cover the insulin though.

This isnt for me. Ive used only log but I get instant puke within 20minutes of a shot. If I do slin again it will be post workout only. Longer acting slin scares me for some reason, but maybe if I get a good protocol, I could do pre work out again.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear