over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre or intra meal more important

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So with my schedule I can't do both unless I do one right after another. I'm doing a lean bulk and still doing fasted cardio. On days I do cardio, I lift right after. So, I would get done with cardio and have a quick meal and lift or get done with cardio and start lifting and have my intra shake. ..I'm assuming that would be to much going on at once if I did it combine. Any input on which is the better option?

Personally I’d go with the intra. I wouldnt want to eat solid food post cardio and immediately lift weights

Personally I’d go with the intra. I wouldnt want to eat solid food post cardio and immediately lift weights
Same here. I do my cardio first and then go into my workout with an intra shake.

I would rather have all the blood I can get in the muscles I'm working....not going to my stomach to aide in digesting solid food.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

if you lift right after you do cardio (which i think is really not optimal), id have 40g whey and like...30g carbs from gatorade before lifting (like 20-25 minutes pre).

I would take your Bcaa.s to initiate Anabolic pathways with a carbless Pre during your cardio. What 20-45 minutes ? HGH would be great at this time as well!
Then intra, with a minimum 80 carbs for a natural insulin spike and however many grams of protein you can assimilate...Plus extra's!!!!
Then post carbs to replenish glycogen stores and more proteins for overcompensation.
Rather have more than Not enough at this Time!

Last edited:
I would also look at how sensitive your stomach is. I have to wait 2 hours after eating to train or I will have stomach issues. If you have a sensitive stomach, do whatever you need to do to have a good workout. Concentrate on that more than anything. There were times my stomach felt like it had to explode right in midst of a workout.

If it were me and I had to train first thing in the morning I’d just make sure I had a good intra shake.

20g EAA , 50-75g HBCD , 10g creatine , 10g glutamine
(I also add 5g citrulline Malate , 5g Leucine , 1 teaspoon pink salt)

But my question is why are you dong fasted cardio while bulking.??

If it were me and I had to train first thing in the morning I’d just make sure I had a good intra shake.

20g EAA , 50-75g HBCD , 10g creatine , 10g glutamine
(I also add 5g citrulline Malate , 5g Leucine , 1 teaspoon pink salt)

But my question is why are you dong fasted cardio while bulking.??

This is what I do....just a little less of these ingredients as I weigh less.

As for cardio...I do it fasted only because I work out so early. I only do enough to get warmed up (12-15 minutes HIT) and I find it helps me while trying to gain weight as it actually stimulates my appetite so that I can eat more during the day.

So with my schedule I can't do both unless I do one right after another. I'm doing a lean bulk and still doing fasted cardio. On days I do cardio, I lift right after. So, I would get done with cardio and have a quick meal and lift or get done with cardio and start lifting and have my intra shake. ..I'm assuming that would be to much going on at once if I did it combine. Any input on which is the better option?

I would rather lift first then cardio.

Doing cardio before weights isn't optimal, especially if you're going to be utilizing progressive overload. You're going to be drained from cardio and un-able to put in the intensity in your weight sessions.

Ya!, But doing cardio post will pull the Blood out of the muscle's you just Trained!
Better keeping the muscle trained engorged as long as possible!
Unless you Call Cardio Walking!!! lol

Does it really matter?

I mean I'm all for debating what it the most optimal if someone is looking to leave no stone unturned and trying to maximize their potential but there is such a minute difference between the pre and intra timeframe that one over the other will provide minimal difference.

I'd say doing both would be "best" for optimal growth, but if I were to give my opinion I'd just say to make sure you've got the calories and protein to build the muscle for a lean bulk and just eat it in whatever manner gives you the best performance in the gym and is easiest to process and digest.

Personally I would never do cardio pre or post a workout. If I had to do cardio, I would separate it from workout, either do cardio in the morning n workout evening or 1 hour after post workout veg salad + protein meal. I dont find your choice good, but if its all that u cud do, then I would suggest to take a meal if u can wait for an hour after cardio OR if you can't then take a good intra shake and do workout right after cardio.

Last edited:
well . . .

Doing cardio before weights isn't optimal, especially if you're going to be utilizing progressive overload. You're going to be drained from cardio and un-able to put in the intensity in your weight sessions.

I would not feel comfortable generalizing like this. Especially when you do not
quantify the cardio part of ‘doing cardio before weights.’ Cardio can and does
mean many things to many people. You do not necessarily become ‘drained’
and cardio might even be a prerequisite and for some people, a necessity prior
to a high intensity workout.

For me it is a necessity (I work out very early in the AM) and is not necessarily
draining (think adaption) as my rate is 10 calories per min for 30 min. It gets my
metabolism ready for the high intensity, ‘progressive overload’ workout that follows.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
I would not feel comfortable generalizing like this. Especially when you do not

quantify the cardio part of ‘doing cardio before weights.’ Cardio can and does

mean many things to many people. You do not necessarily become ‘drained’

and cardio might even be a prerequisite and for some people, a necessity prior

to a high intensity workout.

For me it is a necessity (I work out very early in the AM) and is not necessarily

draining (think adaption) as my rate is 10 calories per min for 30 min. It gets my

metabolism ready for the high intensity, ‘progressive overload’ workout that follows.

Just some food for thought.

This is a bodybuilding forum, hence my recommendation. Obviously there are other factors if not relating to bodybuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said before....I use it Preworkout as a warm up. 12-15 minutes of HIT intervals. I think that small amount of time doesn't inhibit my workout, gives my heart a little work, and it really does seem to ramp my metabolism up during the day as I can easily get more calories in then if I don't do it.

But I also train with little rest between sets....so my heart rate stays elevated pretty much the entire workout.

But it seems to be working for me as I'm slowly gaining while keeping my body fat in check. And my weights in the gym are consistently going up during my training ramps.

everyone in this thread is wrong :sta;-wars
I think it depends on what you are trying to use it for. I don't do cardio for weight loss as I can easily do that through diet.

I only use it for heart health and improving lipid values.

But by all means enlighten us. I'm always up for learning and admit I don't know everything....but I know what works for me.

I would recommend an intra meal....if you simply CAN NOT
have a pre-meal (1.5 to 2 hours pre)

20oz gatoraid...30 grams bcaa, eaa mix.
with a scoop of whey iso.

which I honestly don't believe "you cannot do both".

excuses and assholes....excuses and assholes.

:cool:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420