over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-workout ideas

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Haven't posted for a while, been swamped with work and family. I've been back in the gym, but the hurricane really killed my ability to lift due to having to be at the office early and staying late helping clients with claims. That said, I put on unwanted fat.

I've cleaned my diet up and will be doing carb cycling. Currently running Test C @ 200mg/wk per TRT script. Just recently got black tops and will be running 3iu/day

Question is for pre-workout EATING
I have to lift in the morning before work, at 7:30/45 and get an hour in before I go to work. Can't do lunch time or after work, so this is what I have to do. Should I eat breakfast before, or lift fasted? I've been drinking Karboload during my workout mixed with 15g EAA after eating breakfast. Eat breakfast probably 20-30 minutes before the gym

Am considering lifting fasted (but drinking wager with 15g EAA during lifting) and having shake with carbs post and keep carbs within that small window after workout. Goal is to drop bf and gain lean mass

Last edited:
I can’t lift fasted. I get weak and feel low blood sugar. It makes me nauseas and kills my lifts. I would continue eating a small breakfast to not get your stomach too full of blood since you lift 20 minutes later.

Pretty much what I'm doing/ done for years. If I have a training day on a weekend when I can go later...I will have food at some point before training.....but never noticed a difference in how it affected my workout.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

What is wrong with Shakes?
1 on the way, 1 during and 1 after...You can design them anyway you want..
Then eat lunch, another shake or not, then Dinner...and so- on.
Especially great for lean Mass!

During the week In the Summer I wont Eat a Solid meal till Dinner!

Last edited:
I work out first thing in the morning......I used to do it fasted, just a preworkout drink to get me going.

Now I drink a shake that's 28 grams protein, 30 grams maltdextrin.
I have more energy when I'm finishing up the workout, and recover a bit quicker.

Haven't posted for a while, been swamped with work and family. I've been back in the gym, but the hurricane really killed my ability to lift due to having to be at the office early and staying late helping clients with claims. That said, I put on unwanted fat.

I've cleaned my diet up and will be doing carb cycling. Currently running Test C @ 200mg/wk per TRT script. Just recently got black tops and will be running 3iu/day

Question is for pre-workout EATING
I have to lift in the morning before work, at 7:30/45 and get an hour in before I go to work. Can't do lunch time or after work, so this is what I have to do. Should I eat breakfast before, or lift fasted? I've been drinking Karboload during my workout mixed with 15g EAA after eating breakfast. Eat breakfast probably 20-30 minutes before the gym

Am considering lifting fasted (but drinking wager with 15g EAA during lifting) and having shake with carbs post and keep carbs within that small window after workout. Goal is to drop bf and gain lean mass
weight training is about building or maintaining LBM not for fat loss. Of course it has a indirect fat loss effect by Exercise related theromogesis as you will be burning cals but that's not main goal of lifting wts.

Weight training is a catabolic activity anyway if you training really hard, if done in the traditional ways.

You take elementary nutrients (EAA & carbs) during workout to make it a anabolic opportunity so that's the deal here which is what you should do. Drink that shake intra and eat breakfast with fast- medium digesting protein if you haven't got enough time like whole eggs with some whites, may be whey isolate with oatmeal if you find eating meat stomach heavy and sickening first thing in the morning (I do) No meat for me in Meal 1 and Meal 2.

Wt training is about building muscle not loosing fat. I know u said fat loss is a priority for you at the moment but you SHOULD NOT do it at the expenses of gaining or lossing tissue. Get that out of your head. Fat loss will happen dont worry just stay in a deficit on a daily basis.

Cut carbs/cals in the meal later in the day.

So

Meal 1 breakfast carbs + proteins with little fat

Meal 2 intra carbs and proteins (elementary nutrients) with wts - up the quantity of these two depending

Meal 3 Protein carbs with little fat ( whole food meat no shake here) after meal 2 u wont need a post W shake. so solid food here and for the rest of the day to keep hunger at bay. You want to loose fat not bulking so "CHEW" the calories you have been available to you from your calories/macros qouta. Feel the food, enjoy it. It will stay with you longer and keep grelin levels getting out of control.

you can wt for this meal as you had intra meal of elementary predigested proteins and carbs.

thats it after this run keto pro fats meals .. Keep protein 1.25 to 1.5 gm per pound of body wt and control cals by manipulating fats amount. Only run 1.5 gm protein for short period while u cutting. Then go back to 1 to 1.25 gm and up carbs and keep fats low and away from carbs.Have salad, and vegs like kale, spinach. Drink or eat some fruit to keep liver glycogen levels decent. No fat and carb heavy meal during your cut, may be a one off family meal for a mental break from diet. If you get stuck just up the same food sources you eating but in more quantity.

Milos charges 300 Euros for a single one off online consult. You can Paypal me 200. I saved you 100 euros. Well what can we say its your lucky day today!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

weight training is about building or maintaining LBM not for fat loss. Of course it has a indirect fat loss effect by Exercise related theromogesis as you will be burning cals but that's not main goal of lifting wts.

Weight training is a catabolic activity anyway if you training really hard, if done in the traditional ways.

You take elementary nutrients (EAA & carbs) during workout to make it a anabolic opportunity so that's the deal here which is what you should do. Drink that shake intra and eat breakfast with fast- medium digesting protein if you haven't got enough time like whole eggs with some whites, may be whey isolate with oatmeal if you find eating meat stomach heavy and sickening first thing in the morning (I do) No meat for me in Meal 1 and Meal 2.

Wt training is about building muscle not loosing fat. I know u said fat loss is a priority for you at the moment but you SHOULD NOT do it at the expenses of gaining or lossing tissue. Get that out of your head. Fat loss will happen dont worry just stay in a deficit on a daily basis.

Cut carbs/cals in the meal later in the day.

So

Meal 1 breakfast carbs + proteins with little fat

Meal 2 intra carbs and proteins (elementary nutrients) with wts - up the quantity of these two depending

Meal 3 Protein carbs with little fat ( whole food meat no shake here) after meal 2 u wont need a post W shake. so solid food here and for the rest of the day to keep hunger at bay. You want to loose fat not bulking so "CHEW" the calories you have been available to you from your calories/macros qouta. Feel the food, enjoy it. It will stay with you longer and keep grelin levels getting out of control.

you can wt for this meal as you had intra meal of elementary predigested proteins and carbs.

thats it after this run keto pro fats meals .. Keep protein 1.25 to 1.5 gm per pound of body wt and control cals by manipulating fats amount. Only run 1.5 gm protein for short period while u cutting. Then go back to 1 to 1.25 gm and up carbs and keep fats low and away from carbs.Have salad, and vegs like kale, spinach. Drink or eat some fruit to keep liver glycogen levels decent. No fat and carb heavy meal during your cut, may be a one off family meal for a mental break from diet. If you get stuck just up the same food sources you eating but in more quantity.

Milos charges 300 Euros for a single one off online consult. You can Paypal me 200. I saved you 100 euros. Well what can we say its your lucky day today!

A lot of people should copy this post and hold onto it.

Like he said....you are constantly wanting to build muscle.

As I mentioned above...I train fasted. I have to get up at 3:30...and at the gym by 4:00am. I have an intra that I start drinking on the way to the gym and during my work. Afterwards I typically have another shake of protein and carbs.

My next two meals have carbs in them...but in lower amounts.

After that it's pretty much no carbs the rest of the day aside from what's in the veggies I eat.

I'm trying to slowly gain weight. If I wanted to lose....I take my calorie deficit from the carbs in the two meals after my postworkout shake.

Once I need to drop further....I may lower the carbs in my postworkout shake....and after that it's a small reduction in macros across the board.

Another reason to be making sure you are eating optimally .....that way you have plenty of calories per day in your diet to play with when it's time to lose.

Most of the time I don't even have to resort to cardio. Mind you that this typically gets me in the true 8% range......and I can hold it pretty easily.

Not super lean....but enough to look leaner than most you see in the gym aside from the occasional guy who is a few weeks out from a show.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I can’t lift fasted. I get weak and feel low blood sugar. It makes me nauseas and kills my lifts. I would continue eating a small breakfast to not get your stomach too full of blood since you lift 20 minutes later.

I cant do it either, strength and energy both suffer tremendously.

Carb loads the night before!
IceCream before bed, wake around midnight and have 100 gms of Cereal..
ECA stack pre...

Id have a large carb meal as my last meal of the night.

Roll out of bed 50-75mg hcbd/ 60g whey iso immediately then get ready for the gym. If your ballsy throw in 5iu humalog :D

Trained fasted just take some time. Everyone thinks its impossible.
I dont really know anyone who wakes up starving, so geting up and hitting the gym in the first 30 mins is OK to me.

I did fasted training (with a large intra-workout shake) for years.
Now I lift later in the evening. I find no difference at all.

IMO, the people who "can't" just have a mental block....they really cannnn

People can train fasted easily as long as you're not starving yourself the night before. I wake up and hit the gym around 430am, workout, go home, eat a large breakfast, shower, head to work and have a 2nd light breakfast about an hour later.

It doesn't have any negative effect on training at all.

Don't know what's going on, but I am bloated AF

Taking 3iu blacktop in morning and 12.5mg MK677 pre bed but not feeling like "water bloated"

My upper stomach is bloated, like actually bloated sticking out. Wtf

Don't know what's going on, but I am bloated AF

Taking 3iu blacktop in morning and 12.5mg MK677 pre bed but not feeling like "water bloated"

My upper stomach is bloated, like actually bloated sticking out. Wtf
Richie lot of people here feel that on mk. not so much gh. first try cutting mk and only run gh and keep all other variables the same and see what happens.

I've been healthier lately..... but, in my mid 20's, a snickers and a red bull powered me through a lot of heavy duty sessions.

I train first thing in the AM. I wake up at 3:30a, down some H20, & make a sludge/pudding with 1 scoop of iso and chop up a large banana in it. 25-30g Pro and 30-40g Cho. Take a preWO on the way to the gym and im training by 4-4:30am and then have EAAs intra. No issues with my training vs. when I get more meals in prior. Im one who at least needs something in my stomach. I know a lot of others promote the last meal before bed as a pre-WO meal, i.e a good amount of carbs, pro and some fats in there. by the time you wake its fully digested and your ready to go! I have also done some fasted trainng, I actually like the mental clarity I get from it! Ive found myself more focused through the training session. Just my 2 cent thoughts here.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws