over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prebiotics & Prebiotic supplementation

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I have gone down a rabbit hole on this lately and just ordered Acacia and Inulin powders. It seems to me these are some of the most effective prebiotic fibers that are out there and they are very cost-effective. Seems like a no-brainer.

I have also gotten into actually consuming sauerkraut and kimchi from time to time but it just seems to me that those of us that are super into health, longevity and the immune system would supplement with the powders as well. Thoughts?

In this portion of the podcast she discusses pre and probiotics and the usefulness of a probiotic supplement. I found it refreshing that she actually didn’t recommend a supplement for most individuals. With some exceptions, such as individuals currently or have recently been on antibiotics or who have been treated for IBS. She mentioned that a good probiotic supplement will provide billions of CFU’s and cost around $50/month. And cheaper products that don’t provide CFU’s in the billions aren’t doing much.

This is from Dr. Gabrielle Fundaro. If you’re interest in gut health I would recommend looking into what she has to say.

The sauerkraut and kimchi sound like a great idea. Look up kefir as well. Great to have with breakfast or mix in a protein shake the brand I buy has 13 strains of probiotics and 15-20 billion units per serving.

This is from Dr. Gabrielle Fundaro. If you’re interest in gut health I would recommend looking into what she has to say.

The sauerkraut and kimchi sound like a great idea. Look up kefir as well. Great to have with breakfast or mix in a protein shake the brand I buy has 13 strains of probiotics and 15-20 billion units per serving.
Ok but the thread title says PREBIOTICS.

and they are very cost-effective. Seems like a no-brainer.

Pre biotics are already common in a standard western diet and under the same category of pro biotics as a fad which is generally lack luster for genpop

Ok but the thread title says PREBIOTICS.

If you look on my quote it includes pre and probiotics. She is a a no bull gut expert. If you check out here Instagram or some of her article's you will see her views. She’s evidence based and from my reading one of the best in the business for gut health.

For the average person who’s looking to improve the health of their microbiome, what can they do? Do you think taking probiotic supplements or prebiotic supplements could offer any benefits in that area? What about incorporating specific types of foods?

While studies have shown that certain strains are effective, supplement consumers should keep in mind that they are colonized with trillions of bacteria, so taking a pill with one million of one strain of bacteria is like using an eye dropper to add water to the ocean. The most effective supplements are multi-strain with multiple billions of bacteria (or CFU, which stands for colony-forming units). Also, what they find on the shelf may not actually contain the numbers of bacteria stated on the label. A diet and exercise approach would be much more cost-effective and prudent. Fiber, fermented foods like kimchi or yogurt, and plant polyphenols all appear to improve gut health and morphology overall. Aerobic exercise also influences the microbiome, and vice versa. That being said, the supplement we used-VSL#3-has been shown to effectively reduce symptoms of a variety of inflammatory bowel diseases. So, supplementation has merit, but not necessarily for preventing fat gain.

Here is another interview on her for probiotics/Prebiotics. Although the question is in regards to weight loss. Her stance basically is the same for Gut health in general. She says that certain specific strains in HIGH doses can help things like IBS.

But if you don’t suffer from particular problem and just talking about general gut health she says there not needed and better to get them form foods

Something like Inulin powder seems ok to me as long as it’s not breaking the budget.I just think it’s not needed to crazy by taking 3 different supplements

As many of the foods I eat every day are prebiotics I am fairly well covered. I would have to think getting a varied source from nature is better then just picking from one type. I know people that say they take fiber but limit themselves to one type were as your body needs soluble and insoluble.

As many of the foods I eat every day are prebiotics I am fairly well covered. I would have to think getting a varied source from nature is better then just picking from one type. I know people that say they take fiber but limit themselves to one type were as your body needs soluble and insoluble.

It’s good to take a soluble fiber daily like Metamucil, insoluble fiber you will get fairly easy by eating a serving or 2 a day of greens such as broccoli. Fiber one ceral also has a ton of insoluble fiber but focus should be more on getting soluble fiber.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131