over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Precontest Diet Macro Opinion

Massondeck

Registered
Was wondering if any of you competing guys have found it overall better to carb cycle or go low carbs for a precontest diet. I know each diet has pros and cons but what do you think was the overall best i.e. time efficent/convienent/results. Im currently looking at doing a 50%protein/40% fats/10% carbs but I read places that lowering your carbs isnt that good for precontest but then how do I burn fat with having high glycogen levels from carbs. Any opinion or macronutrient diet would be appreciated.
Im currently at 11% bodyfat and using a 12 wk Tren A/Masteron P/Test P cruise. Also, been training hard for last 4 years.
Do I need to drop my calories 400-500 below maintence for losing fat or can I stay at maintenance with having clean sources and still lose fat?

their are so many options here it's impossible to give you an accurate awswer , some guys eat 200-500g carbs all the way through the show other dont , some guys carb cycle

I personally use a Palumbo style diet slightly modified , replacing some of the nut and animal fat with coconut oil

No one knows what is going to work best for "you". You need to try out both diets and see whatever you respond to best.
I like both forms of dieting listed above, but used at the right times, but thats what i prefer and see my best results with by doing so.
You wont know until you try.:D

Do I need to drop my calories 400-500 below maintence for losing fat or can I stay at maintenance with having clean sources and still lose fat?

You need to drop calories, or increase caloric expenditure.

Was wondering if any of you competing guys have found it overall better to carb cycle or go low carbs for a precontest diet. I know each diet has pros and cons but what do you think was the overall best i.e. time efficent/convienent/results. Im currently looking at doing a 50%protein/40% fats/10% carbs but I read places that lowering your carbs isnt that good for precontest but then how do I burn fat with having high glycogen levels from carbs. Any opinion or macronutrient diet would be appreciated.
Im currently at 11% bodyfat and using a 12 wk Tren A/Masteron P/Test P cruise. Also, been training hard for last 4 years.

I would choose the macro break down that suits your lifetsyle the best.

Are you active at work (on feet all day) + train high volume + naturally leaner individual?

Are you sedentary, store fat easily and are not a very hyper person? Dictate the macros to your lifestyle and go from there.

Of course construct the diet to fit your caloric needs....

-FF

I am not dieting for contest (I have a ways to go before I will be able to do that), so maybe this is not exactly on point, but here goes.

Until recently, I always dieted with carbs in, maintaining a small (200 - 400 Kcal defecit) and had good results, losing an average 1-2 lbs per week for several months in a row and not losing much muscle in the process.

Right now, I am on my first keto diet and I feel like the fat is literally melting off of me. The crazy thing is I haven't lost any weight yet. Also, without the carbs (I am keeping them down around 50g/day), I feel healthier than I have in years.

Right now, I am on my first keto diet and I feel like the fat is literally melting off of me. The crazy thing is I haven't lost any weight yet. Also, without the carbs (I am keeping them down around 50g/day), I feel healthier than I have in years.

what are you fat and protein intake as far as grams per day

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75